It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it racist now to be proud to be a white man?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Now imagine me at a white pride march bbqing with my boys, I would be labeled a racist period for even being associated.

Right but there was a struggle with gay rights and being gay in general. There was a REASON to have those things, even if I disagreed with it.

There has been NO reason for whites to feel persecuted, brought down etc, in the last 100 years. Maybe moving forward as the minority population becomes the majority and whites become the minority, but only time will tell.

But at the end of the day, that's a matter of perspective.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes, there is that, and as any behaviorist will tell you, attention is attention. As long as that goal has been attained, it's not really important anymore what kind of attention it is. And if you learn to accept and love yourself for who you are, not what you represent, your need for validation will subside. Introspection would seem to be the wisest course of action in this case.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Bone75
I'm half Scottish and half Apache and proud of both... oh and my penis. Many, many men would be proud to have my penis.

Balls

Nope. Not those. I'm looking into Botox to get rid of the wrinkles.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So its not really ok to be proud of being white and the accomplishments you had nothing to do with....but its fine to have white guilt over things you had nothing to do with? odd

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
So its not really ok to be proud of being white and the accomplishments you had nothing to do with....but its fine to have white guilt over things you had nothing to do with? odd

That is equally stupid.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
Is it racist now to be proud to be a white man?

No, it's just absolutely dumb (best word I could come up with) to be proud of anything that you cannot change and didn't ask for about yourself, AND to use it as an identifier.

I'm a white guy, but I'm proud to be athletic and in shape, because I put the work into it. I'm proud to be intelligent, because I put the work into it. I'm proud to be a good husband and wife, because I put the work into it. I'm proud to be a relatively good handyman, because I put the work into it. I'm proud to know how to cook well, because I put the work into it.

I'm not proud to be white, because that is nothing that I could control, and it is what it is. It makes me no better or worse of a human being because of the hue of my skin, nor does it indicate anything about me.

Using skin color as a basis of pride is, IMO, an ignorant approach to life.

But to answer your question: No, it's not racist, unless you use your skin color to presume that it makes you superior to other races.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Be proud of what ever you want....

But you might want to take a look at this crybaby thing though....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli

No it's not racist but it is sad imo. What did you have to do to be white? Nothing. Be proud of something YOU have accomplished, not something you were born with.

So what say you of gay pride? They were born gay, nothing to be proud of.

(I am known by some to be an instigator)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
14 flags yet all the replies seem to disagree with the op..

Lots of closet pride out there...

Being proud of your skin color does seem racist imo..

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeeReeS
pride cometh before the fall, so yes i do believe its bad for your health.

Well if it's ok to be GAY and proud.

If it's ok to be BLACK and proud.

Why can't the op be WHITE and proud.

Sounds like..............................................DISCRIMINATION.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Proud is a strange way to put it.

The only you that could possibly exist, necessarily, would have to be white. Not only that, it would have to be the specific spermatozoa that fertilized your mothers egg during that specific ejaculation on that particular day at that particular time.

Any variation of circumstances that led to your parents union and it certainly wouldn't be you. It would be some other man or woman with the combined genetic traits of your parents.

I find gratitude for life an appropriate path for myself.

Being proud of something you had zero control over seems to be missing the mark.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Societal declarations of pride and ‘I matter’ movements are born through decades of oppression and struggle. They aren’t necessarily saying "we are proud of our heritage” or “we are better”…they are yelling “we aren’t being treated equally”.

It's an important voice to hear.....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
you can be proud op.

I think when say minorities say theyre proud, its because they might have been demonized or demeaned for being in certain social class, or overcome bias against them for being who they were. as if being that person was nothing to be 'proud: of, or be glad to be.

- same goes with gays and gay rights.
a minority which overcame many obstacles after being ostracized for sometime. and didn't have the same rights as everyone else because their ideals weren't considered good enough or 'acceptable' . and now being in that group again is nothing to be ashamed of. they can be proud of who they are now..

thats at least to me what I understand when some group of people whom were persecuted, be it politically or ideologically, shout 'be x and proud'.

otherwise, I'm a non smoker now and I'm proud.
there's nothing wrong with being proud of something good to , or for you.
edit on 21-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

You mean their heritage of capturing other tribes people's and keeping them and selling them as slaves??? Funny how people tend to gloss over the reality to further their agenda...

They don't mention the murders of blacks by other blacks, only by white police officers. They don't mention that the slavers were themselves, selling them to other slave traders who then took them to auction them off where they were most needed..mainly, the Americas...

I have to laugh at most of this #e...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

You mean their heritage of capturing other tribes people's and keeping them and selling them as slaves??? Funny how people tend to gloss over the reality to further their agenda...

They don't mention the murders of blacks by other blacks, only by white police officers. They don't mention that the slavers were themselves, selling them to other slave traders who then took them to auction them off where they were most needed..mainly, the Americas...

Jaden

whoever started that hyperbole of blacks were the ones who were slave owners and sold them (now more and more provisos are being added, I.e. the Americas needed them most and other nonsense) , that vaguely documented or proven few trades between northern Africa and the then Spaniards, did a lot of race debates a favor in the internet era.
this is how arguments are won. tsk tsk.

but yes people need to maybe look into that rubbish before using it as how slaved were obtained . it was on a specific era, in a specific region, because of specific people/lineage only.
slaves were for the duration of the slave trade obtained the old traditional way.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Jaden

I laugh at people who continue to relentlessly point this out without truly knowing the historical facts. It reads as an attempt to absolve those who were the perpetrators and main benefactors of the trans-Atlantic slave trade. If someone is selling you something, do you feel forced to buy it? Furthermore, the end of slavery wasn't the end of racism and subjugation of black people in America ... so it's no mystery why black people felt the need to assert their identity and sense of pride amidst the negative climate suffered for hundreds of years after the slaves were freed.

edit on 21-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I would prefer to live in a world where being a human is all that is required to live in harmony and color race and creed pay no heed. I give great thought to what kind of world I want and having to yell I am Black or I am White is not in the choices.

(post by ware2010 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join