It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it racist now to be proud to be a white man?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Am I allowed to be proud of my race and heritage, without being considered a racist pig if I'm white?

It seems all of a sudden I am supposed to apologize for being white, well eff you I'm not sorry. I dont feel the slightest bit guilty or ashamed for being white, I am just glad I am.

Even on ATS it seems you are not allowed to be proud to be white, when this thread gets trashed you will see what I mean.

Why can everyone else say they are proud of their race without being racist. A white man says it and bam hes the KKK.

I have never been racist and I treat everyone the same, and sure as hell don't have any white privilege (whatever the f that is).

So is it racist now to be proud to be white?

edit on 21-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's not all of the sudden. Been that way sense I can remember.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
pride cometh before the fall, so yes i do believe its bad for your health.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

No it's not racist but it is sad imo. What did you have to do to be white? Nothing. Be proud of something YOU have accomplished, not something you were born with.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli

No it's not racist but it is sad imo. What did you have to do to be white? Nothing. Be proud of something YOU have accomplished, not something you were born with.

Are you not proud of your race and heritage?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
imsoconfused

Is it racist to be a proud black man or a proud Hispanic or Asian? No. But when your pride supercedes your humanity and you come to believe your perceived race as superior, yes.

Personally I don't see what there is to be proud of, I mean, as humans we have done some pretty spectacular stuff. I just don't see why I should be proud of having been born a 'white' human. None of my white forefathers are around anymore and whatever accomplishments they may have achieved have nothing to do with me.

So, in short, I am only proud of my own accomplishments not my white ancestors. Besides, all of my ancestors aren't even white. Many were native Americans.

Also, I'd like to add, you seem to have a severe victim complex.
edit on Cpm12Thursday2020163431Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:20:34 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You can be proud of whatever you want but it does not mean that everyone else has to pat you on the back...try being humble...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Is it racist to be a proud black man or a proud Hispanic or Asian?

Of course not. That is my point. Cant I just be a proud white man without being racist?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

You can be proud of whatever you want but it does not mean that everyone else has to pat you on the back...try being humble...

Lol anonymous internet taps yeah. but star.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
imsoconfused

Yes. You can.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The responses are funny, considering a thread about gay pride or black pride would be met with uproarious support. It just seems like there are a lot of racist bigots who have convinced themselves they're anything but. Strange times we're living in.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Of course it isn't racist. It's only racist if you think you're better than all the other races.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have pondered this question for a long while. Here is my theory.

Black folks have lost their entire culture due to slavery. The USA has categorized them as the generic term "black".

So, for a very long time the only thing they could be proud of was their skin color. Black and Proud.

Now, most white folk, can and do have clubs and parades that display their whiteness. White folks are damn proud of being Irish, British, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Greek and all the rest.

See what I'm saying?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well the way I see it is that to rag on a white person is racist. But if you can label that white inherently racist, claiming all whites are racist, you can then attack not appearing racist yourself. Thus appearing to have a foundation to stand on that is just. JUST?, yea, just about bull stuff....

I will never make apology for being white. So whatever social justice warriors want to attack with, will be ineffective here.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You are simply reacting to the relentless push of the shame meme by the MSM and others onto any whitey who happens to be listening - this is the new racism, disguised as reverse-racism.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The phenomenon of 'white guilt' is becoming more popular, at least that's how it seems to me. Any other group of people can celebrate their heritage and culture, so why not whites? Google search 'black pride' 'gay pride' 'women's pride' etc...and then 'white pride'. I think that there is a stigma attached to being 'white and proud'.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
why would anyone be proud of a physical attribute that they were born with? to me that seems very shallow and ignorant. should a person be proud that they have 10 fingers and 10 toes, or be proud that they have brown hair?

are there that many people in the world who have accomplished nothing on their own that they can proud of that they have to resort to being proud of something which they had no hand in accomplishing and is something that hundreds of millions of other people also have?
edit on 21-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

If you can explain why it is important to you to have pride in the happenstance of birth,
Would you be proud of your ethnicity if you were black, if you were Asian? Latino?
Does it bother you if those who are are then proud of theirs?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
why would anyone be proud of a physical attribute that they were born with? to me that seems very shallow and ignorant. should a person be proud that they have 10 fingers and 10 toes, or be proud that they have brown hair?

are there that many people in the world who have accomplished nothing on their own that they can proud of that they have to resort to being proud of something which they had no hand in accomplishing and is something that hundreds of millions of other people also have?

They you have it Tard. You put this whole question of racial pride to rest with a silver arrow of truth in it's heart. Pride is in accomplishment, not this false vanity so many seem to revel in.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Would you be proud of your ethnicity if you were black, if you were Asian? Latino?

Absolutely .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join