It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika case in Florida is unrelated to travel...and yet the U.S. will not back out of the Olympics.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yes, but is a correlation between ZIKA and certain vaccinations .

That is a big, big problem and something that we need to be aware of.

ZIKA on itself is just like any other mosquito born virus, you get it, get over it and life goes on, you create immunity.

But when the body is weaken by other diseases and now even certain vaccinations is a big problem.

Even if the cases are rare.

Yes this cases are very rare.

ZIKA is not ebola and never will be like ebola, even if the scaremongering of linking Ebola to ZIKA is been used.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This very interesting and people needs to know that is risk to long term zika in the body and certain vaccinations.

Perhaps that is why the government is so scare about ZIKA in the US, we are a very vaccinated nation and can make ZIKA linger longer than expected because of this.

I seem to remember another thread around here which indicated that it might be an interaction between the virus and a certain vaccine (maybe just the vaccine and zika was blamed instead)which was implicated in the microcephaly.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

i was just pointing out that your statement:

And it takes a zika mosquito carrier to pass on the virus, that is how it works, the scaremongering that you can get contaminated by sex or fluids is not true.

is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Maybe that is why the microcephaly is so prominent in south America because Yellow fever is predominant, interestingly any travelers to Africa and South America required to have yellow fever vaccination as per CDC guidelines.

Yellow fever vaccination is also part of the vaccines that are given to people that live in those regions.

And I can not believe that nobody no even the CDC can see the links here?

Or maybe they just ignore.

Most of the people that will be visiting South America will be receiving Yellow Fever vaccines, so if they get bitten by ZIKA is a very high chance that they will be bringing the virus with them in the body.

Now I see why the government is so hell bound on another vaccine, but I got the feeling that things will be worst with another vaccine.

ZIKA per say alone will not cause trouble but combine with vaccinations like Yellow fever and come the risk lingering and fatal side effects .

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

This very interesting and people needs to know that is risk to long term zika in the body and certain vaccinations.

Perhaps that is why the government is so scare about ZIKA in the US, we are a very vaccinated nation and can make ZIKA linger longer than expected because of this.

I seem to remember another thread around here which indicated that it might be an interaction between the virus and a certain vaccine (maybe just the vaccine and zika was blamed instead)which was implicated in the microcephaly.

I've read people theorizing about the rubella vaccine because rubella is associated with microcephaly and the TDaP vaccine because of the aluminum adjuvant coupled with a possible higher amount of aluminum exposure in the environment in Brazil (aluminum toxicity may be related to brain lesions). Obviously, there is a counter-argument to those theories one being that the TDaP is given too late in pregnancy to have any impact.

edit on 21-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

NO is not incorrect, ZIKA is still a mosquito born virus, the relation to other ways of acquiring the virus is linked to outside side effects, you still have to get infected by a mosquito in order to contaminate somebody else specially if you get a vaccine like yellow fever.

In PR we don't have yellow fever vaccinations so ZIKA is only transmitted by mosquito and so far is not brain issues with unborn children

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This are the countries where you are required to receive yellow fever vaccine if you are visiting and as part of their vaccination schedules.

In South America, the "endemic yellow fever zone" includes: Panama, Columbia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, western Ecuador, western Peru, western Bolivia, eastern Brazil.

In these countries sporadic infections occur almost exclusively to forestry and agricultural workers who are exposed occupationally in or near forests.

In Africa, the "endemic yellow fever zone" includes: Angola, Tanzania, Zaire, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia, Ethiopia, southern Sudan, southern Sudan, southern Chad, southern Niger, southern Mali, Central African Republic, Congo, Gabon, Rio Muni, Cameroon, Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Burkino Faso, Ivary Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Gambia, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe Islands.

In Africa the virus is transmitted in three geographic regions: principally and foremost, in the moist savanna zones of West and Central Africa during the rainy season, secondly, outbreaks occur occasionally in urban locations and villages in Africa, and finally, to a lesser extent, in jungle regions.

If I was a women of childbearing years I will stay away from getting yellow fever vaccine and traveling to any of those countries where ZIKA is also active.

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well people at least we got three of the big ones getting enough funding from tax dollars for their miracle vaccine against ZIKA

The vaccine funding is already in place…and so is worldwide fear.

At least three pharmaceutical companies are either considering or actively pursing programs, including giants *GlaxoSmithKline GSK , and *Sanofi SNY. But the company that appears to be the farthest along is a relatively small $500 million market cap biotech named Inovio Pharmacuetucals.

According to financial news site, StreetInsider.com, Inovio Pharma has announced it plans to start testing the Zika vaccine (which currently does not exist) in humans.

Inovio Pharma (NASDAQ: INO) CEO J. Joseph Kim said in a phone interview with Bloomberg that it plans to start testing its DNA-based Zika vaccine in non-human primates. Currently the vaccine is being tested on lab mice, but it is able to move faster than traditional vaccine development timelines. Testing in humans is targeted for this year.

Keep in mind, Inovio in this case is releasing PR based on funding, so the testing on humans portion is deliberate and widely accepted. The vaccine doesn’t exist, no one has any idea how to cure it, but target dates on human testing are already in place. Would you like to sign up to be tested by a pharmaceutical company for a vaccine that no one has any idea if they can even create? Imagine being some of the first humans to be involved in such testing. Remember a couple of weeks back, a french pharmaceutical company injured and even killed some people by performing human testing for the sake of anti-anxiety medications.

yournewswire.com...

Don't you love went the scaremongering is full ahead with ZIKA brain issues on the unborn and sexual transmission just to push for another way to profit.

It seems to me that the biggest problem with mosquito born viruses is that humans are the ones creating the problems while trying to fix it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Oh, is Zika the latest in TEOTWAWKI diseases? Along with Bird Flu, Legionaires, etc...

I would wager that the flu, which ever one is due this year, will kill more, and make more sick.

The Olympics are the culmination of a lifetime of dreams for many of those people competing. Kill someone's dreams over might be's and maybe's? No.
edit on 7/21/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Oh, is Zika the latest in TEOTWAWKI diseases? Along with Bird Flu, Legionaires, etc...

I would wager that the flu, which ever one is due this year, will kill more, and make more sick.

The Olympics are the culmination of a lifetime of dreams for many of those people competing. Kill someone's dreams over might be's and maybe's? No.

There's no might-be or maybe about it. The WHO and CDC have recommended restricted travel for pregnant women and we've already had hundreds of travel-related cases in the U.S.

There will be a spike in cases after the Olympics and there is no doubt it will lead to more funding through Congress.

I am just doing a cost-risk analysis here. I'm not willing to essentially pour billions into participating in the Olympics.

edit on 21-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I believe that people are going to go to the games regardless, but what they will find while at the games is going to be more than they could bargain, the souvenirs they will bring home may no be the ones they will be buying on the gift shops.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Eh its just this years Swine Flu. Money to be made off of fear. I live pretty much in Florida and get bitten by mosquitoes on the daily right now. If there is 'Zika' ill get it by summers end surely. Good for the immune system i say.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I'm not sure what that has to do with saving billions in Congressional spending by backing out of the Olympics, but ok.

Personally, I don't think it's worth billions of dollars just to participate in the Olympics.

It's a shame people aren't really interested in overseeing how Congress spends money.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The US will not back out of the Olympics in Brazil, this like a united by sport nation thing for "good will" and support of developing countries athletes.

The truth is that US is behind most of the athletes from all those countries, US makes money out of their year long special training that they get here.

Meet the big Olympic sponsors

The Companies Spending the Most on 2014 Sochi Olympics – And What They Really Gain

TOP sponsors in the 2014 Sochi Olympics are: McDonald's, Proctor & Gamble, Coca-Cola, Acer, Dow Chemical, Visa, General Electric, Atos, Omega SA, Panasonic, and Samsung.

In exchange for their costs, TOP sponsors get the rights to associate their brands with Olympic symbols worldwide during a particular Olympic time period.

But the corporate sponsors end up shelling out a lot more than just amount required to gain participation rights.

moneymorning.com...

Majority are US base.

So with all the millions they spend on this they have more lobbying in Washington to keep the US in the Olympics.

Olympic Games: Legacy or Money Pit?

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Is billions what we are talking here, to host Olympics.

Money talks and BS walk

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join