It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danger - Men At Work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Lol that guy is nuts. Or he might crush his! Ouch.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I love seeing photos like these

That guy in the first photo isn't as daft as he looks. He's at the right height and angle to land on his feet when the tree falls.

The second one is more of a risk-taker lol. Balls of steel.

I've been on ladders on top of box scaffolds, with no safety rails, chasing out mortar for pointing. The grinders kick back and I was shaking like a ****ing dog whenever I got a good kick-back. The ladder was footed by a 2x2 nailed to the board and lashed with bungee. Off recall, I was as high up as the ridge of a three story house.

Another reckless one was pointing up a chimney on one of the old terraced town houses. Slate roof and no scaffolds. I started slipping down the roof and there was nothing to hold on to. It only lasted seconds and my mind calculated all the options before accepting I was going to fall to the pavement and probably die lol. The best I could expect was grabbing the guttering and hanging on until someone could get a ladder to me. As it turned out, I came to a halt with my trainers hanging over the edge and my sphincter twitching like the proverbial rabbit's nose.

These happened years ago when it was common practice to take risks and scaffolds weren't compulsory.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The guy up the ladder in picture 1 what was he thinking with that set up he put together , His back on the ladder chainsaw in hand , what could go wrong :.P.

And i thought snedding trees with 28 Inch Jonsered with no brake guard when i as a teenager was mad lol

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Great topic, OP! It is pretty amazing what risks people will take just to put in a day's work.

One of the DM's best ever articles.

I hope everyone followed the link. I only posted my favourites but there were a few other little gems

Here's one I forgot to include in the OP:

edit on 21-7-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join