It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE!?! I'm confused!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

not xenophobic

Yes xenophobic

As per the definition.

Full Definition of xenophobia : fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

www.merriam-webster.com...

Apparently some people HATE that other PEOPLE wants to practice their constitutional RIGHT.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"Of course poverty is the issue. It doesn't help that all the people who could do something about it leave only to perpetuate the problem further."

Totally agree!

"It does us no good to lay out the welcome mat as the worlds solution to everyone's problems."

That because we need a world wide solution to our poverty situation and not just an American intervention. I mean i respect you nation in a lot of ways, but you cant fix everything.

"We're the world's police AND hotel? Why should we be either?"

And in the above lies the half the problem. Cant be so attractive an not expect people to come, how was it that movie quote went "If you build it they will come".

Well here they are!

link   
I guess China is the most xxxxxPhobe of all. they have the most stringent immigration laws probably in the world.
they're doing just fine.

tougher border control means just that, tougher border control.

France let everyone in, good and bad. not its hard to know who's who in the cesspool.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: andy06shake

Privacy is a human right but borders serve only to retard the free moment of people.

Poverty is the issue, hence the migration/movement in the first place.

That's exactly why borders are needed, to retard the free movement of people.

Not its really not.

Well it is but to say it in such a way as to suggest that's what a boarder does is frankly stupid.

Does anyone else who actually has a academic understanding of international relations and political science (not from the university of Google) ever find it funny how little people on ATS actually understand about the topics they rabbit on about as if they are authorities on the subject yet display no real understanding of the true nature of the topic at hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It always makes me chuckle when a ATSter runs of to quote a dictionary definition.

I already know what it means thank you and now so do you so how about you start using your new found knowledge.

How about a test for you......

Trump stated once that he wanted to ban all Muslims from entering America.... is this xenophobic or not?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"Academic understanding of international relations"

Can anyone, pertinent university degree or otherwise, claim that knowledge?

I mean personally i think just like everyone else our political institutions are playing it by ear, and imho they are way, way off key.

edit on 20-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Trump stated once that he wanted to ban all Muslims from entering America.... is this xenophobic or not?

Was it when FDR banned travel from Germany, and Japan?

Was it when Kennedy banned travel to cuba

Was it when Cleveland banned Chinese from reentering this country ?

Was it when Carter banned travel from Iran ?

Was it when Carter banned travel to Russia during for the Olympics ?

edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Degrees in International relations exist if that is what you are asking

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Secure border is fine....

But the rhetoric doesn't stop there does it? A big giant wall to keep out the rapists and criminals, some I assume are good people. Deport all the illegals. No path to citizenship, I don't care how productive they are--- get 'em out. And BLM, that terrorist organization, I don't care if they were unarmed-- they're killing each other, clean that problem up before whining about cops. There is NO institutional racism. Obama is president, so enough of that racism whining. And for the win, I say ban all Muslims.

Not saying republicans are racists... but that kind of rhetoric sure will speak to the cold hearts of racists and bigots.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So you failed the test by not providing a answer.....

Honestly I feel like from the few posts i have read on this thread that each of you are quite frankly beneath me intellectually.

I feel like i am trying to explain to a chimp why 2+2 is 4

So i have said my bit, now i shall bow out.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

And said degrees actually help the situation?

Because to my own understanding, hatred, racism and religious indifference still seem to be the colour of the day.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And social division breeds discontent.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”(from the Lazarus' sonnet)

There is a reason it say such on that Statue of Liberty

Yes, and that reason was the US had just effectively squelched the Indian wars and had a ridiculously vast tract of unsettled land from the southern tip of the Rocky Mountains up to their crossing into Canada that needed bodies on it. We had railroad spur lines to build all over the west, textile mills that had burned through the surplus labor offered by the end of the US Civil War, and we had a steel manufacturing industry that was growing into the largest industrial powerhouse this world had ever experienced. Plus all the various industries that went along with it like coal mining, ore mining, and service industries aplenty. We lack all of that now. The insane price tag for purchasing land in the US testifies to the relative scarcity of it and the only industry this country has that isn't dying is service-based... which is unsustainable in absence of a strong manufacturing base to bring new money into service industries.

I honestly don't care if the immigrants are Sunday School teachers with rosey cheeks and a song on their lips, the No Vacancy sign needs lit and the doors need to be deadbolted until this country re-adopts national protectionist policies like import tariffs and gets the people we do have off the damn dole and into gainful employment.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
A big giant wall to keep out the rapists and criminals, some I assume are good people.

You assume some of the rapists and criminals are "good people?"

I'm disturbed by that, man.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But lets face it short of being an American Indian you are all immigrants really.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The only fail here is Americans not knowing their own history.

Then one day cry foul.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Not its really not.

Well it is....

C'mon.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

There is no right to enter America.

If your country is producing terrorism at an alarming rate(Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia..etc) then it stands to reason as a means of defending the American people that immigration from those nations should be suspended.

It is NOT xenophobia. Xenophobia is an irrational fear of immigrants. It's not irrational to fear that the nations most responsible for terrorism and terrorists should be barred from sending their citizens to our shores.

Neo actually did a fantastic job of answering this, you just didn't like the history lesson.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What he stated was to ban all Muslims UNTIL we figure out how probably vet them and figure out how to confront and identify the problem with.

Which of course you and many liberals conveniently leave out and changes the entire dynamic of the statement.And at tis root, it's meant to protect Americans, unlike what we see in places like Germany and France where their government is doing anything but protecting their citizens.
edit on 20-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Notice how the speakers at the RNC made a point to call them illegal ALIENS. I guess illegal immigrants was too polite? Not combative enough? They want to call them ALIENS. Get the ALIENS out. ILLEGAL ALIENS -- it's such a nasty little middle finger. Won't even call you an immigrant.

That's the thing... Republicans so often choose to pick a fight, rather than try to empathize. They refuse to say Black Lives Matter, even to extend an olive branch. They say Blue Lives Matter or All Lives Matter; and the subtext is a refusal of Black Lives Matter--- as if anybody is killing cops and getting away with it. As if that's a problem-- too many people killing cops and getting away clean.

It's disingenuous to say "What's wrong with securing borders" when the totality of the dialogue is so much more than that. Just be honest about it.

edit on 20-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

"What he stated was to ban all Muslims UNTIL we figure out how probably vet them and figure out how to confront and identify the problem with."

So how can that even somehow be implementable?

You may as well say the same regarding all Christians or even those crazy bastards at the "Westboro Baptist Church".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join