It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Republicans unknowingly electing Pence for their President?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Funny if true and it might be.

But we really have no way of verifying this "source".

But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named)

Could just be another campaign trick.

But you never know.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
i reckon he`ll be doing more than that, he`ll have to at least do what obama is doing, signing executive orders and making speeches between his golfing appointments.we are paying obama to do it without a VP to do the other stuff.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I think Kasich had an obligation to report this far and wide prior to the convention.
And what is additionally appalling is that the Trump supporters HATE Kasich. Not the same constituency - at all - and, yet, Trump was allegedly willing to hand him the reigns?

I agree. Kasich needs to speak up. Did Politics play a role? Was he told to keep quiet and that is why he refused to attend a convention held in his own state? Did the rest of the republicans realize they could get control via Pence?

(adjusting my tin foil hat)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

This is not much to sink the teeth into....just manufacturing a truffle.

The real direction to attend to and clearly demonstrated.......is the laying down the foundations of a Trump Family Dynasty. May even include a female or two there in.

You may not be too far off the mark. I do believe the Trump family has dreams to become the next Kennedy Family. They are far from it...but even Melania says she sees herself more like Jackie Kennedy role as first lady. They are trying to create a new Camelot. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Bush / Cheney anyone?

mind you trump has 0 political experience.... or civic or social science degrees...

I'm still voting trump!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Funny if true and it might be.

But we really have no way of verifying this "source".

But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named)

Could just be another campaign trick.

But you never know.

I agree. It could be a campaign trick. That is why I am curious as to if true...why is it just being released? Is it because Pence was chosen as VP? Pence speaks tonight...the timing is profound. Yet, if true?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Bush / Cheney anyone?

mind you trump has 0 political experience.... or civic or social science degrees...

I'm still voting trump!

So you are okay, voting for Pence to handle domestic and foriegn policy as your President behind the scenes? (if Trump's son, John, did indeed make such an offer to Kasich?)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

There's a pattern I've noticed with the Trump campaign. For every bit of positive the campaign puts out, there quickly follows a negative to undermine it and dominate the headlines.

I don't think Trump wanted any positives to shine with the speeches over the last couple of days, he wanted the Melania plagiarism story to dominate.

And I don't think Trump wants his VP pick to shine either, so it's undermined with a story that Trump was turned down by Kasich and Pence was not his first choice, AND Trump is too weak, uninterested, unprepared...whatever, to do the job.

The messages being sent are too obvious to not be intentional. Trump does not want good press during the convention.

ETA: I thought that I read elsewhere that Donald Jr. reported this to the press. But I see it came from an unnamed source from *ahem* Kasich's campaign. Regardless, I think this story came from the Trump campaign ultimately.

ETA 2: And here it is -- Donald responds with a non-denial:

'John Kasich was never asked by me to be V.P. Just arrived in Cleveland - will be a great two days!' Trump tweeted Wednesday.

Of course, he doesn't mention Donald Jr.

I swear he wants the bad press.

edit on 20-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well I am certain he has learned a lot from Clinton's and vice versa. Always have others do things and allow yourself deniability. That is why I want to know if his son, John, did indeed approach a Kasich aide. Honestly, it is extremely believable from what I have seen and learned about modern politics!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's been obvious from the beginning that Trump wanted nothing to do with the real job of the Presidency.

He wants the ego trip of being nominated and elected; he was always going to walk away from either the job itself or the responsibility.

Anyone still willing to bother going to the polls and voting for this utterly ridiculous excuse for a human being is beyond reasoning.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
It would make sense to have your VP focus on certain areas while the PoTUS focuses on his. It makes sense to give the VP to someone who you believe Is strong in an area you're not. Maybe it's simply more logical to take only a slice of pie rather than gobble down the whole thing by yourself and end up with a mess in the end.

What if the VP is to take on foreign policy while the PoTUS works exclusively on America, hence making it great again? It doesn't sound at all far fetched. Maybe you guys are reading too much into this?

the VP has a well defined job. Google it

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This seems pretty suspect to me. The whole Trump thing is hard to wrap your head around me, and I will not be surprised by much of anything, but this seems super flimsy.

So Trump's son is alleged to have told a top advisor of the opposition he would be allowed to run the country?

I'm thinking if this is true it was a mind-f tactic against Kasich.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

So Trump's son is alleged to have told a top advisor of the opposition he would be allowed to run the country?

There's nothing in this allegation that doesn't ring completely true given what we've seen of Trump's personality and whackadoodle staff so far.

Someone needs to interview the Joint Chiefs (if they're appointed by the Pentagon and not by the President) and Pentagon officials and find out exactly how long a President Trump would last in office before a coup d'etat or forced removal from office for cause. There are plenty of people still out there who took the oath 'against all enemies, foreign and domestic' seriously.

Ditto that, with a President Clinton. Neither of them has a potential Presidential life span possible that would last more than a few days before all hell broke loose.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Kasich ... career politician with bucketfuls of sour grapes.

If Pence runs the show, things'll get done in the Executive Branch, but that's usually what your Chief of Staff is busy doing for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

Have I mentioned my new secure straps for my tin foil hat?

Living in Florida, in the summertime, I innovated my TFH with pockets to hold frozen ice-packs. Helps me keep cool headed.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is how Trump does business. He is hands off and lets his workers work. Trump wants to be chairman of the board so to speak. Nothing wrong with that, because Trump is excellent at picking "workers" and I'm sure his Oval office staff will be top notch.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Delegating responsibility is a sign of a good trusting leader.
edit on 23-7-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
He is a mastermind. Still in awe of our new god emperor. His ability to manipulate the media, his body language, making people create conspiracies, creating mass rumors. beautiful.

melanie quoted the rickrolled song in her speech, quickly became a viral meme. meme magic is real.

His ability to talk past the sale, amazing.

Every rumor is another news cycle. essentially using the media to advertise for him for free.

As for the VP
He needs someone to write and understand legislation speak.
Pence looks like someone who would be cast as president in a movie.
can't be attacked for his fiscal running of Indiana

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The whole thing smells like something a council of foreign relation would do. If that is the case, then Trump is NOT going to have much power to change anything.

Does anyone seriously think that Donald's ego would allow such a thing? I mean, let's get real folks.

I like his plans, and despise the puppet that is Hillary, but I also acknowledge the man's faults, and there is NO way his ego would allow that.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Here's a follow up, I thought you might find interesting:

L ink

Kasich has confirmed the story.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join