It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Veterans Shot Those Police Officers NOT BLM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Before I begin I would like to say what these men did was wrong and completely unacceptable. With that said I found this an interesting read from Mint Press News: In Dallas & Baton Rouge, Media Ignores That Veterans Pulled The Trigger

Ultimately, Johnson and Long are both part of a long list of troubled veterans who seem to struggle to keep their rage in check upon returning to civilian life. On Sunday, activist Terrina Aguilar shared a series of tweets linking to the violent history of U.S. veterans, from a threatened mass shooting in Washington, D.C., to murdered family members and children.

People and a lot of news outlets, mostly right-leaning, were quick to tie BLM to the police shootings. Now that the dust has settled it looks like the shooters were just mentally unstable veterans. Trained killers who know no other way to communicate their frustrations about the system.

Soldier s criticize Army's handling of Dallas shooter after underwear incident

Aside from the strain of war, Johnson's time overseas included a pivotal episode that started with a female soldier's underwear and ended with a sexual harassment allegation.

Accounts from friends and fellow soldiers differ on whether the incident was a sign of mental instability or the outgrowth of a troubled romantic relationship. But no one seems satisfied with the way the Army handled the case, either in the war zone or back in Texas.

Did Johnson fail the Army? Or did the Army fail him?

One of the soldiers interviewed by The News reported talking to Johnson about a year after they returned from Afghanistan.

"I was like, 'How are you doing? Has anybody called to check up on you?'" the soldier recalls. "He said, 'You're the first person I've heard from in the unit.'"

Gavin Long suffered from PTSD and has produced video where he denies any allegiances to groups that he was do this solely because he wanted to.

Long had filled a prescription for Ativan, an anti-anxiety drug, as recently as June, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. He also had prescriptions for Valium and the sleep aid Lunesta, the source said.

It wasn't immediately clear whether anyone had diagnosed him with PTSD.

In an interview this month with The Blaze, Johnson's parents and stepmother said he changed after military service, which included deployment to Afghanistan from late 2013 to mid-2014. Before joining the military, he'd wanted to become a police officer, said his mother, Delphine Johnson.
"The military was not what Micah thought it would be," she said. "He was very disappointed, very disappointed. But it may be that the ideal that he thought of our government, what he thought the military represented, it just didn't live up to his expectations."

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is an important aspect, but I fear that some will jump to demonize our veterans in the same fashion the Right Wing has so easily demonized BLM.

The most important thing we need to remember is that it was individuals that killed those officers. Not veterans. Not BLM.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

You're argument holds an element of truth, but is flawed.

They were BLM supporters who happened to be military veterans which gave the the skills necessary to pull off a police shooting on behalf of BLM.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They were BLM supporters who happened to be military veterans which gave the the skills necessary to pull off a police shooting on behalf of BLM.

I don't believe Gavin Long had any connection to BLM whatsoever, and the Dallas shooter was sympathetic to their cause, but not part of it.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

link   
Are you sure Hillary didn't order it under Obamas direction to further their world wide Muslim "agenda". I'm sure there's a web site that says so.

+2 more 
link   

The first shooter said he was displeased with BLM and the second shooter said he had no affiliation with them.

So where do you hear evidence of their BLM support?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Are you sure Hillary didn't order it under Obamas direction to further their world wide Muslim "agenda". I'm sure there's a web site that says so.

ISLAM

LoL

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I was wrong. The Dallas shooter did say he was upset with BLM, not sympathetic to the cause.

You are correct.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time before veterans were targeted as being the cause for the shootings.

Many will jump on this with both feet!

SMH

link   

Yep, Metallicus beat me to it. While they were veterans (and the day that the Baton Rouge shootings happened, I saw many, MANY reports about the shooter being a(n) (ex) Marine), they were also apparently sympathizers with the BLM movement at the least, and it would take an insurmountable amount of willful ignorance and blind ideology to deny that the rhetoric of the BLM movement helps push unstable people to this point.

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I knew it

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

But both the Dallas shooter and the Baton Rouge shooter pretty explicitly tried to say they were individuals and they weren't part of BLM and werent doing it on behalf of BLM. They just agreed with the general premise of BLM. But in spite of that, people insist on saying they did it on behalf of BLM.
edit on 20-7-2016 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

The first shooter said he was displeased with BLM and the second shooter said he had no affiliation with them.

So where do you hear evidence of their BLM support?

There isn't any evidence. If there was I'm sure he would have 'denied ingnorance' and posted proof. Metallic just wants to propagate BS!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I saw many, MANY reports about the shooter being a(n) (ex) Marine), they were also apparently sympathizers with the BLM movement at the least

I know it's hard to believe but there's this thing called iterative journalism. Facts are not always correct or even vetted. It's just a fire hose of information. Later outlets will publish vetted facts like in articles like the ones in the OP.
edit on 20-7-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Baton Rouge Shooter Gavin Eugene Long Was Nation Of Islam Member, Railed Against ‘Crackers’ On YouTube Channel [VIDEO]

A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long’s account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also ranted against “crackers” and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.

Other information about Long shows that the Kansas City native, who CBS reported was honorably discharged from the Marines in 2010, went by the name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I watched the video before it was taken down. He was formally a Nation of Islam member... Past Tense.

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Yep, Metallicus beat me to it. While they were veterans (and the day that the Baton Rouge shootings happened, I saw many, MANY reports about the shooter being a(n) (ex) Marine), they were also apparently sympathizers with the BLM movement at the least, and it would take an insurmountable amount of willful ignorance and blind ideology to deny that the rhetoric of the BLM movement helps push unstable people to this point.

Whatever else the were, they were not part of BLM. I don't know how people can keep repeating it. Maybe some feel like if they keep saying it that it will become true magically.

link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's dangerous territory where people aren't held 100% responsible for what they do, unstable or otherwise. That's how people get off on accepting all of the responsibility.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Perfect cover isn't it.

Join and then unjoin to create a false purpose.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Funny seeing people trying to claim these nutjobs weren't part of BLM... maybe they didn't have the secret BLM decoder ring or Deray's cell phone # but it would be willful ignorance to claim they weren't sympathizers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join