It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighor is trying to steal my cats. Any Help?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

On the other side of that coin

I took in a cat who's family moved away. For eight years that bad boy and I did battle to make him an indoor cat. Every chance he got he shot out that door. He was quite crafty at it.
Last week he got his freedom finally. Rest in peace my big fella.
I have a bitty little girl Siamese too. She is truly my heart.. she's never goes out.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Our indoor cat dont finish the food. So i started to leave the food by bins for street cats.. Year later we have 4 regulars. And buy extra food for street cats.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Have them chipped. If he has them in possession, call the dog catcher or police. I believe they make a chip that can be traced with your cell phone also. Only good for a few miles though. There are also a lot of small cameras out there that you could put anywhere and for the most part no one would see them.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Take the dishes he leaves the food on and place them somewhere safe.

He will run out of dishes and you can't be done for theft.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok, here's the deal.

Indoors only, permanently. Get a damned litter box, and deal with it.

Otherwise, kiss them good bye. HE will take them inside & play stupid eventually, then you'll be back bitching all over again about something you could have very easily prevented.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If in an apartment complex, complain to the management. Perhaps even consider checking the local rules about such a thing, and a police complaint. That, or just keep them inside and use a litter box. A pain, I know, but the cats will be safer. Haven't had one outside since some lowlife scum put out antifreeze, and we lost one. Coyotes and bobcats around, too, so safer indoors. The cats don't agree, but they can enjoy from a windowsill. Have you had a real sit-down discussion with the guy yet? That could help.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'd say get 'em chipped this way you have proof of ownership. Then, if he lures them inside it's time to call the police.

I'd agree, but I really hate the idea of the chips! IN this case, maybe. A LOT of pics would be a good idea, showing the ID of the cats, in your home, and over time. Some evidence of where you got them, too, in case it came to a battle.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I understand. Of the dogs and cats I've had over the years I haven't had anyone chipped yet. Of course, in all that time I've only had one indoor-outdoor cat but like you mentioned, in this particular case it may be warranted.

Side note: I haven't conversed with you in a while. Hope all is well.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Getting chipped is an idea, as is just a general trip to the vet adding proof that they are yours(marking, spay neuter/markings,etc.). Have a collar with identification tag/s as well. Other than that keep them inside as anyone could steal them etc., and it's likely you can't prove it otherwise.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When you see him forgetting his food ... give it back ... like right through a picture window or the windshield of his car.

Just don't be seen doing it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Unless you can prove criminal behavior, you may have to keep the cats inside, all the time. My cats never go outside.

She's not lying. I'm actually one of Reldra's cats IRL. That's why I spend so much time on these webz.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I really hate the idea of the chips!

Why? Government thing or because it hurts them for a second? It's pretty quick and the pain is over super fast. Better than having some weirdo steal your cats and do something terrible to them when you can't get them back. Also, cats escape and lose collars, way easier to get them back.

Here's a video of the procedure, cat doesn't even react.

OP document everything. The cops aren't going to go looking for your cats if all you can tell them is some weirdo left cat food out a few times. File some complaints. Include apartment management. I would think they have rules about leaving open food containers around, it's a pest problem too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I understand. Of the dogs and cats I've had over the years I haven't had anyone chipped yet. Of course, in all that time I've only had one indoor-outdoor cat but like you mentioned, in this particular case it may be warranted.

Side note: I haven't conversed with you in a while. Hope all is well.

I never have, as I don't like the idea that someone could track me via my pets. I can understand wanting to be able, though, and the dog has taken off a couple of times. She's small - Springer spaniel size, which her mother was, but she's strong like her father, who was a monster-sized chocolate lab. FAST, too. She pulls loose and tuns, and she's hard to catch!!

Has been a bit, and all is well, save the heat! Can't handle it like I cold when younger, and hate going out when it's melting outside. Other than that, fairly calm. Still hear Columbo when reading your posts, lol!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I really hate the idea of the chips!

Why? Government thing or because it hurts them for a second? It's pretty quick and the pain is over super fast. Better than having some weirdo steal your cats and do something terrible to them when you can't get them back. Also, cats escape and lose collars, way easier to get them back.

Here's a video of the procedure, cat doesn't even react.

*snip*

Oh, not a worry about the procedure at all! Less worry than some shots, as far as that goes. I can see the benefits, too. It's the idea that a family could be tracked, with their pet, that bugs me. My cats stay inside, so no worries there. The dog is typically leashed, and in years, has run only a couple of times. It's the other possibilities, for me. Unlikely it would be an issue, for the average person, or even for me, but you never know. I'm funny about those nasty little anti-theft things in videos, too. Personal quirk, I guess.

OP document everything. The cops aren't going to go looking for your cats if all you can tell them is some weirdo left cat food out a few times. File some complaints. Include apartment management. I would think they have rules about leaving open food containers around, it's a pest problem too.

I quite agree, there! Complaints, documented, to the proper authorities and the housing management, are vital in a case like this. Considering the rumors about the guy, I'd set up cameras as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
[

For those who missed this. Here is the neighbor

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I hear you about the concerns. I'm way more worried about my laptop, cell phone, tablets, other laptop, facial recognition etc. than I am about a little chip in my dog though. I'm also not worried because I am pretty freaking boring. If someone ever gets put in charge of watching me I might be dangerous because they would bang their head on their desk out of boredom.

My understanding is that they can't be read from very far away and it would be pretty hard to just zero in on your pet and track you compared to all the other ways you can be tracked. I mean you can't drive from one side of the country to the other without your license being recorded all over.

Shoot debit cards are more insidious.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
former animal control officer... in most jurisdictions it is illegal to allow your animals to roam outside, off leash. that said the simple solution is to obey the law, keep your cats in your home, and neighbor will no longer be an issue. if you allow your cats to roam free, your neighbor is within his legal rights, even outside of city limits, to trap and remove critters to pound or shelter, etc. if you want to keep your cats ...obey the law.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There's a lovely big neighbourhood cat that's adopted my family, when he sees us in the garden he just comes running, then doesn't leave till we go back in. We don't feed him but he is the best guy ever. He doesn't visit our neighbours when they are out, anyway I know it's not the same as your issue but thought I'd share. I would love to catnap him but he just lives up the street and seems to be well fed and groomed. Plus she would never allow him in the house.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Chip your cats.

Then, run down to the local Animal Shelter and pick up a couple of free cats that need a home, bring them to your house.

Keep your favorite cats locked indoors for a few months, but let the new cats roam freely about the neighborhood.

Let him steal your new cats.

That way, you solve three problems with a single solution.

1) you protect your favorite cats
2) you find a new home for some homeless cats
3) you help your neighbor satisfy his cat fetish

Done!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I hear you about the concerns. I'm way more worried about my laptop, cell phone, tablets, other laptop, facial recognition etc. than I am about a little chip in my dog though. I'm also not worried because I am pretty freaking boring. If someone ever gets put in charge of watching me I might be dangerous because they would bang their head on their desk out of boredom.

My understanding is that they can't be read from very far away and it would be pretty hard to just zero in on your pet and track you compared to all the other ways you can be tracked. I mean you can't drive from one side of the country to the other without your license being recorded all over.

Shoot debit cards are more insidious.

I hear that! Anyone monitoring me cold hear some fun conversations, but that'd be about it. Still, those are all valid concerns. Hadn't thought about the range for such a device. As for a license being tracked, very possible these days!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join