It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighor is trying to steal my cats. Any Help?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Beat me to it👍

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Start a relationship with the neighbor, thus you may both enjoy your cats.

The creepy incremental feline theft is likely signs of infatuation (or incatuation) with the ... er, alpha pussy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Check that one out!!!!!

edit on 20-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Word is this guy lures in more than cats...but that's a word on a grapevine.

I never thought I would have to take preventative measures to make sure my adoptied friends are not taken away from me but it appears I have to. My neighbors will attest that these cats love me but this spaz believes I am "Jealous" and that is kinda rich coming from a man who is trying to steal my pets because he doesn't has his own.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

First of all, make them indoor cats. In my opinion, letting them outdoors is cruel because it allows them outside of your protection. Which, as a pet owner, protection of your pets should be your top priority. Cats are not dogs. They don't even care about being outside. Frankly, as long as they have a nice place to sit and nap and treats aplenty, they will be as happy as bugs in a rug.

You could take other peoples' advice and make this more complicated than it needs to be, but frankly you just need to protect your cats and that means take care of them by not allowing them outdoors, which is dangerous for many more reasons than simply your crazy neighbor. People poison cats all of the time. Be a responsible guardian for your cats and keep them safe and loved and in the house so they can live long and happy lives free from the stress of the outdoors.

And heck, you want to take them outside? SUPERVISE IT. Hold them. Pay attention to them. Then take them back inside because I promise you that your cat gives a rat's grass about being outdoors. If you stop taking them out, they might whine for a day but just give them treats and explain them the situation and I'm positive they'll get it. Cats aren't stupid. But they also aren't capable of protecting themselves from crazy humans. So you've got to step up to the plate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

That's a great idea if you want to be sued for property damage.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
quite simple solution besides microchipping.

Get a kitty litter, keep them inside, remove the cat poop and drop it into the cat food bowl he uses.

Your cats won't eat from them, nor will another cat.

He maybe lacing the food with something. gggrrr *shakes fist.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Can you empty the food dishes surreptitiously so your neighbour thinks the food got eaten?

Also, tell him if your cats get sick from eating his food then you will land him with the vet's bill.
edit on 20-7-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I have photographic evidence for this luring-Why leave a bowl of cat food out when you don't own any cats?

HULK SMASH the bowl, and then leave it at his front door with a note "EAT A snip".

Actually, get a photo of him putting it out there first.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Also, tell him if your cats get sick from eating his food then you will land him with the vet's bill.

Yeah, and tell him if they ever puke on your $5000 couch because he's giving them different food then he'll have to pay to bill.
edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Believe me I take care of my cats-I can click my fingers and they will follow me. All of the neighbors love them as well except for this one particular homo rectumus that I can't trust and this is one of my cats responses...testify!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Two words: Restraining Order.

Or, one could use the 'way to a man's heart is through his stomach' approach. So first ask the neighbor -- let us assume (s)he is a reclusive (fe)male in its thirties, typically -- to care for the cats over a weekend and then feed your neighbor, say, a special banana pound cake, by way of thanks. Use cake recipe prepared for the special neighbor/cat lover using 20% ground Friskies. Garnished with chocolate-dipped Abyssinian hairballs. Sprinkled with jellied Bluepoint Siamese claw clippings. Using dough rolled up with a layer of rare, Angora Persian dingleberries-on-the-vine. Mixed with a special paste of multi-cat nano-dander, extracted from the final-stage exit filter on a Dyson upright vacuum cleaner, Pet Hair Edition. Doped with a pure ethanol extract of catnip capable of inducing rapid narcosis. Do not disclose ingredients verbally or in writing.

Feed the (wo)man dessert and then (metaphorically) feed that person to the cats, by carefully placing the snoring body outside your domicile, by the cat bowls. When (s)he wakes up with little or no memory of how (s)he got there, by the power of Chaos Magic, you will have a new willing servant/(creepy) neighbor/friend/nemesis at your disposal.
edit on 20-7-2016 by Namdru because: formatting and inserted text

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wish I could help. My neighbor stole 3 of my cats when I was little. I still see my favorite one sitting in her window sometimes.... I'm 25 now so..... I just pray for karma to screw her in the rear for that.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is ridiculously EASY.
Keep your cat's indoors.

It's YOUR job to protect them. Since they need to be indoor's no griping about cat-box duty.

No doubt your neighbor is a nutter, but I can tell you that if you don't keep them inside, no agency will be much help since you DIDN'T take the most obvious precaution. As far as him putting food bowls on your steps, that's trespassing and can be addressed.

Actually if creepy neighbor keeps coming around that's stalking an can also be addressed.

How is this still an issue?
SMH

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I've always been a big proponent that you do NOT let your pets wander at their leisure throughout the neighborhood (or apartment complex, as it sounds like where you live, with the "courtyard" comment).

Also, most municipalities have ordinances on the books that dictate that you cannot allow pets to roam freely. These usually do not exclude cats. You might want to look into it, as you could be breaking the law on your end.

And honestly, if you live in an apartment or similar-type housing area, honestly, it's just rude to let cats run around a place like that.

So, that's my idea of how to get him to stop--keep them inside your house, because they are your pets, not animals that other people should have to deal with on a daily basis.

(I'm not as crotchety as I sound, I promise)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisaliethis really gets my goat.keep them in until they understand you are their human. My cat has done this time and again just to prove his independence.
As crazy as it sounds, talk to your cats in cat language and also in native tongue(whatever you speak, English?). Get a leash and harness to have them know their parameters of your yard, keep them in, you can to a degree, train them... cat nip, cat nip and lots of treats.soon your cats will love and appreciate you and perhaps show loyalty to you and then you can trust them, see how long they keep a collar on with a name and number, the next time you let them out.
I have dealt with similar neighbors... the best route is training your cats, as absurd as that sounds.
All the best, be well and remember to have your cats know what their names are... call them their first given name until it sticks and they come to you or mow back when being called.
My family has been using this method for years.
Keep us posted if you will.
All my neighbors know by now who my cat belongs to(constant hollering his name for over six years)... and even though they try to act weird over my persistent calling for my fur child, Will, most always... responds... cats are highly intelligent and will be loyal to you if you show how much they mean to you.
Keep them in, for a while.
Don't hurt your neighbor, avoid getting in trouble in that regard.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I agree with you and I also keep my cats inside.I just remembered
that I only have one cat now.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Long story long...

A few years ago a neighbor committed suicide and I adopted her cats and now another neighbor is trying to lure them away with food and the way he goes about is downright creepy. He started by leaving food on a bench in the courtyard downstairs, then moved the food to the bottom of his stairs, then moved the food to the top of the stairs. I have told him twice not to feed them (as any pet owner knows you don't feed another's pet without permission) but he still persists. I now have locked my cats inside unless they need to do the deed.

The only solution i can think of is this guy needs a visit from the tooth fairy (if you catch my drift) but that would land me in trouble. I adore these cats and this Richard Cranium keeps trying to lure them away. Any ideas on how to counteract this guys creepish attempts of getting a pet of his own?

Tooth fairy or undertaker, no difference. F$ck with my pussy and I WILL TCB!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Go to the spca and get a kitten for him put a bow on it and put it in a box in front of his door.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Place some dead rats on his stoop!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join