It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: imod02

This happens in war, certainly in a dirty war like this one.
There are a lot more civilians that lost their life in this war, hundreds of thousands at the hands of IS or barrel bombs from Assad, Russian carpet bombs.
To single out this US air strike is at best anti US sentiment in the light of the above.

Europe is not indifferent to refugees, Syrians get asylum within Europe.
They are certainly not seen as 'rape u gees and killers'.

Yep very true.. I do notice the regime and Russia do not have news of their not mistaken bombing and killing published and jumped on.. So sad for the poor peoples of Syria.
edit on 22 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: ..

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I am not justifying the deaths of innocent civilians but I can also understand that mistakes are made as those people hide among the population.

It gets really really old seeing this propaganda line thrown out and makes you wonder if the people using it actually think about what they are saying.

"Hiding behind women and children or in this case the population"

If the US military was disbanded and we were under attack by a foreign nation, would you the master of your house and family run out in the open away from your women and children and population to get a bulls eye planted on your head?

Or would you stay close to your family and friends to protect them? Is that not one of the reasons people appreciate the right to own guns, to protect their family? Or is that hiding among women and children?

What would you do?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Brotherman

As in they will get tired of getting bombed by the US and will fight isis to get it to stop?

Yep

Imagine we are being attacked by a foreign nation
There is a small band of hardcore patriots fighting them back (They would be considered terrorists by the foreign forces)
I want nothing to do with the fighting so I live my life away from it and then little Suzie and Jacob one day get bombed into smithereens. I think I would join the patriots fighting the foreign forces. This is not rocket science here....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Involutionist

And the parents of those children will work their way over here and to other first world countries, keeping in mind that event.

And who is letting them in?
Politicians!
So when they blow up a market place, will you blame the politicians or blame the terrorists and support the same politicians creating a bigger police state?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: imod02
Sad but I dont think there will be very much sorrow in Europe becouse of this. People just see it as 85 less rape u gees and killers. Sad sad world.

And they are right. With everything Muslims have been doing to the west lately, I feel no sympathy. Call me an islamophobe or whatever but I don't care.

So you will not blame the politicians for our foreign policies, open borders and will you support the same politicians for creating a bigger police state?

Some people are like putty in politicians hands

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Terrible tragedy. However they are well known for hiding rocket launchers and terrorist fighters in or near public places such as hospitals or schools in the hopes that a retaliation will cause collateral damage they can immediately turn in photo ops for their cause.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The trouble is people want a nice clean PC war, such a thing does not happen.

I have seen this before many times and when I ask others how it should be fought, they say take the gloves off and bomb the whole country. They say the same should have been done to Iraq. I thought we were over there as liberators...

Who or what our we fighting for then and how is it any of our business or Constitutional duty that goes beyond defense thousands of miles away from our borders?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Sad but I dont think there will be very much sorrow in Europe becouse of this. People just see it as 85 less rape u gees and killers. Sad sad world.

And they are right. With everything Muslims have been doing to the west lately, I feel no sympathy. Call me an islamophobe or whatever but I don't care.

You would make the perfect Islamic Radical (American Patriot) spreading hate in this country if we were under attack by a foreign nation. When you look at an Islamic Radical, you are looking in the mirror

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The question in my view is, where did it go wrong?
The answer is obviously tied to two wars which were fought in the eighties and nineties.

Your post can actually be summed up by not minding our own business.
There never is an end to war when you first start. It goes on and on and on and excuse after excuse is made to keep it going.

Our founding fathers had it right
The Globalists and their supporters are the ones pushing these wars and are not for this nation.
They use trickery and deceitful words like Isolationism to get others on to their NWO Bandwagon.

www.ourrepubliconline.com...

“America goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.... She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standards of freedom.” (John Quincy Adams, 1821.)

“There is one and only one legitimate goal of United States foreign policy. It is a narrow goal, a nationalistic goal: the preservation of our national independence. Nothing in the Constitution grants that the president shall have the privilege of offering himself as a world leader. He is our executive; he is on our payroll; he is supposed to put our best interests in front of those of other nations. Nothing in the Constitution nor in logic grants to the president of the United States or to Congress the power to influence the political life of other countries, to ‘uplift’ their cultures, to bolster their economies, to feed their people, or even to defend them against their enemies.” (Ezra Taft Benson, America at the Crossroads, August 30, 1969.)

“I am for free commerce with all nations, political connection with none, and little or no diplomatic establishment. And I am not for linking ourselves by new treaties with the quarrels of Europe, entering that field of slaughter to preserve their balance, or joining in the confederacy of Kings to war against the principles of liberty.” (Thomas Jefferson, to Elbridge Gerry ME 10:77, 1799.)

“Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none, I deem [one of] the essential principles of our government, and consequently [one of] those which ought to shape its administration.” (Thomas Jefferson, 1st Inaugural Address ME 3:321. 1801.)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: earthling42

I feel the same way.
For the record, the two points you referenced, are what I was referring to as counterproductive.
Arm rebels, kill terrorists, arm rebels, kill terrorists.
The terrorist group name changes and grows, but our tactics have stayed the same

It keeps the military industrial complex employed, increases the police state, gives more power to politicians, pushes forward the Neocon globalist agenda and reduces the population some.

The people pushing this are Satanists. They love the smell and taste of blood and destruction

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Or possibly a counter action to an overpopulated Earth.
Depopulation....
Just be happy its over there. for now....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: jacobe001

Or possibly a counter action to an overpopulated Earth.
Depopulation....
Just be happy its over there. for now....

Yep for now.....

They will make excuses publicly when it happens here but privately celebrate it

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

'They' must really dislike the economy in Western Europa and the well being of it's citizens if that is indeed the case.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join