It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Surround Man In Brussels Bomb Scare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No I'm surprised there are apps that can search for metal. Are they fake? That sounds fake.

The counter consists of a tube filled with an inert gas that becomes conductive of electricity when it is impacted by a high-energy particle. When a Geiger counter is exposed to ionizing radiation, the particles penetrate the tube and collide with the gas, releasing more electrons.

I don't think an app alone is going to work as a geiger counter.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Also you can get apps for mobiles now where you don't need wires and other equipment.

LOL an app that picks up radiation - did you stop and think before posting - how are the particles supposed to enter an off the shelf cell phone?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Unless he's an immortal and needs the coat to hide his sword, that's pretty weird, wearing a coat in summer! at least he was cooperating, and they were paying attention.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sky News Europe Correspondent Mark Stone said:

"He was, according to the police, quite uncooperative and pretty passive in reaction to what the police wanted him to do. "For that reason the police say they will be pursuing legal action against him."

news.sky.com...

Did not jump trough their hoops fast enough and now will probably have a permanent mark against him.
Good luck finishing your education or getting a decent job now.
edit on 20/7/2016 by Jeroenske because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

No I'm surprised there are apps that can search for metal. Are they fake? That sounds fake.

The counter consists of a tube filled with an inert gas that becomes conductive of electricity when it is impacted by a high-energy particle. When a Geiger counter is exposed to ionizing radiation, the particles penetrate the tube and collide with the gas, releasing more electrons.

I don't think an app alone is going to work as a geiger counter.

ooops. You're right.

I was being dumb on that one... you need the particles to actually measure radiation... you are correct.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Also you can get apps for mobiles now where you don't need wires and other equipment.

LOL an app that picks up radiation - did you stop and think before posting - how are the particles supposed to enter an off the shelf cell phone?

I was being dumb on that one... you would need the particles to actually measure radiation... you are correct.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Not fake as I have a metal detector on my phone and it works!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join