It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEDIA SPIN: Rebels in Syria behead boy in 'mistake'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yesterday I came across a thread titled US-Backed ‘Moderate Rebels’ Behead Palestinian Kid For Being ‘Pro-Assad’ . It allegedly showed Pro US - Anti Assad forces beheading a child. The video was graphic and I wish I never ever clicked on that horrible clip.

Today I come across this ridiculous CNN article:

Rebels in Syria behead boy in 'mistake'

Gruesome video footage has emerged of Syrian rebels beheading a young boy, in what leaders of the group involved called an "individual mistake."

But al-Quds denied the boy had anything to do with the group, saying that he was not a prisoner and lived with his family -- "one among a number of poor families living in areas controlled by the terrorists."
In a statement posted on their Facebook page, the rebel group involved, Nour al-Din Zenky Movement, called the killing an "individual mistake" and said it would investigate "the human rights abuses that were shared on social media sites."

(read full article)

"Sorry it was an accident"

This happens all the time, but when it gets leaked, all the media outlets and their pimps push this kind of deflection to make it seem all okay, it's okay folks it was an individual mistake and we will look into it...if all else fails we will pass the buck...they were all just a few bad apples.

Look at the mess we made.

I am so disgusted right now.

Somehow I fear someone will try and justify this "mistake"

edit on 20-7-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Don't trust a word they tell you

It looks like they already are!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

" It added that the men involved had been detained and turned over to a "judicial committee" appointed to lead the investigation.

Well I hope the bastards are afforded the same justice handed down to the kid. imo they should have been detained, tortured and beheaded already.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Pathetic. I too saw the video and wish I hadn't. Kid barely looks 13, more like 10. I'm sure he was a real danger to these guys. Can't lay all the blame on the rebels, they wouldn't be fighting if the US wasn't supporting them. Way to go US foreign policy!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Sadly I meant within site membership.

It seems that no matter the atrocity there's always a justification for it, if it was done by our boys or their underlings.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Disappointingly, I would have to agree. You will have that on any internet forum, or in real life though. It is still encouraging to know there ARE people who recognize these acts for what they are - atrocities committed that are inexcusable

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

originally posted by: FamCore

Sadly I meant within site membership.

It seems that no matter the atrocity there's always a justification for it, if it was done by our boys or their underlings.

Sadly you're right about that. I remember when those kids playing football on the beach in Gaza were shelled. There were members who actually tried to justify their murder.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If there was any justification to using nuclear weapons, it would be on these a-holes. But unfortunately given the destruction they are capable of, it would not be practical given the amount of innocents that would be killed. These "peaceful" religious fanatics are the definition of evil.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Too bad Obama can't be made to sit and watch that video back to back, on a loop for a solid week! Since he considers their loud squalling "call to prayer" the "sweetest sound" imaginable...he should just LOVE a nice action video of his "bretheren's" best work, in living, bloody color! And these are the people he and Hillery want to welcome on to our soil with wide open arms, and CLOSED EYES....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yep.

'Uh, no big deal. We chopped a young boy's head off by mistake. We thought he was some other young boy that deserved to have his head cut off.'

There is NO JUSTIFYING IT FOLKS.
These animals are cutting the heads off of children.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This statement:

The statement added that such abuses are "individual errors that represent neither our typical practices nor our general policies."

is a blatant lie.

The Nour al-Din al-Zenk are largely made up by fighters known as the Hazzm Movement with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, and support by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

The U.S. was warned not to support them, for example because their slogan is:
"(united) to fight against the disbelievers collectively"...
Kind of a red flag you would think.
Not to mention, Amnesty International pointed out their warcrimes several times.

The U.S. instead chose to follow the assessment of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (won't comment since I'm German) which is:
Syria's Harakat Hazm are moderate rebels worth supporting.

Have a look:

WORTHINESS FOR U.S. MILITARY SUPPORT

In addition to meeting political criteria, any Syria rebel unit being considered for U.S. or allied military assistance should be measured against a broad set of military criteria. As described above, Harakat Hazm appears to rate well on several benchmarks:

- Ideology: It is a moderate/secularist faction, not an extremist/jihadist group.

Source: WINEP re: Hazzm
edit on 20-7-2016 by ColCurious because: typos & layout

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That’s the US foreign policy and their “moderates” they hired to destroy Syria.

IF THIS WERE A JUST WORLD, when all this is over a Nuremberg type trail of Bush, Cheney, Obama, Hillary, Kerry, NATO Erdogan ( I don't want to forget this rat) officials and others would take place.

But it isn't a just world so nothing will happen

Civilians killed in Syria as well from a US " mistake"

...and the gave Obama a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!

What a joke

edit on 20-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
We need strong leaders, not politically correct apologists.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
oops our bad, now can you send us some more weapons Mr obama? mmmkay, thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The real problem here, the undercurrent, isn't one side vs the other.

The real problem here is the sick and twisted reality where both sides would behead a child for holding an opposing belief, never mind that the kid was 8 and at that point in life doesn't know nearly enough to hold any kind of a serious, educated belief on the matter.

The real problem is both sides in the Middle East stoop to barbarianism in the name of Allah and in the name of their beliefs.

The real problem isn't beheading a child as a mistake, it's that you'll behead people in the first place! There are barbarians running around committing egregious acts of violence on both sides in the name is Islam. That's the real problem, not that one of your targets was a "mistake".

It's the mindset that you'd even consider beheading a child which is the problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

This statement:

The statement added that such abuses are "individual errors that represent neither our typical practices nor our general policies."

is a blatant lie.

The Nour al-Din al-Zenk are largely made up by fighters known as the Hazzm Movement with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, and support by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

The U.S. was warned not to support them, for example because their slogan is:
"(united) to fight against the disbelievers collectively"...
Kind of a red flag you would think.
Not to mention, Amnesty International pointed out their warcrimes several times.

The U.S. instead chose to follow the assessment of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (won't comment since I'm German) which is:
Syria's Harakat Hazm are moderate rebels worth supporting.

Have a look:

WORTHINESS FOR U.S. MILITARY SUPPORT

In addition to meeting political criteria, any Syria rebel unit being considered for U.S. or allied military assistance should be measured against a broad set of military criteria. As described above, Harakat Hazm appears to rate well on several benchmarks:

- Ideology: It is a moderate/secularist faction, not an extremist/jihadist group.

Source: WINEP re: Hazzm

You've done your research thank you for the incredible contribution.

The whole situation is ugly but that last part where they ignored the obvious warnings and deemed them worthy of supporting pretty much proves TPTB are in on it, not that there isn't ample proof.

It's very maddening to see such greed and corruption in plain view yet there's not much we can do as we're powerless to stop it short of a violent revolution which is probably what they want.

edit on 20-7-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Let's be honest - we've all been there.
One minute you're going about your own business, chasing pokemon, the next, you're beheading a pre-teen boy.

Here's the thing.
That sarcasm actually makes me uncomfortable, because it's just THAT horrible a news story.
...but in what kind of world, in what kind of insanity, can something that horrific be construed as a 'mistake'?
You don't accidentally behead people!

new topics

top topics

join