It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black people and the false slave memory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Actually a little look through the Brits history with their being serfs of the crown and through that agency the local squire and they also had no rights and could be thrown out their homes for no reason with no rights and left to starve. Even their own brides, the Squire got to seduce before the husband, so you can see that the term serf was tantamount to slavery for people living here for generation after generation. So slavery in fact was not only a black thing and we have slavery still going on today specially with trafficking and the sex trades.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: RobotBomb

Because I am courageous, I am like a lion....come at me!!!

More like bold and ignorant.

Its a fact that only 1% of African Americans have an ancestor who was a slave

Even a quick look at this map will burst that bla-loon.

Where do blacks live in the US?

Most blacks live in the south where their ancestors 'came from'.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
@zinc12...crazy that a liberal that disagrees with you calls you a racist. What are the odds...

Everyone family has been slaves and owners in the history of world. The myth of the left, is that its white owes blacks. Like a slave ship with minimal white, with single shots guns, could capture and hunt down and hold hundreds of blacks in Africa. In America, every color was a slave owner and every color was a slave(just not to the same degree)

Romans owned slaves, who were white. Same with the UK and everywhere else.

It just comes down to, do you want to blame individual for their own issues or blame someone else. If you blame someone else, you need a champion, and that champion is Hillary and the Democratic party.

The subjugation and oppression of black people didn't end with slavery though...

edit on 20-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Some slaves were treated decently by their owners, having a better life than they had back where they came from. But the majority were treated harshly. It all depended on who had them.

My ancestors did not have any slaves. They usually had to work to live. Mining was not the best of jobs back a hundred years ago. We are all slaves to society, the ones on top make it so we have to work harder to get anywhere. The farmer should have been getting decent prices for their products but the government made it so they never get rich except for big farmers. Many of those pay illegal immigrants to pick their foods at less than moderate wages. But when the market controls what is paid for food, farmers are forced to do this.

So which owners treated their slaves bad? We really do not know for sure. Records are distorted, stuff was hidden about stuff like that because some of these people that were "bad" slave owners were predominant people in societies back then and records were falsified.

My ancestors were not here when there was slavery, I do not feel guilty. My ancestors were working in Finland and fighting in wars as soldiers. They were slaves to the system there. Most of our ancestors were in the same boat, we were used by those who wanted to gain prestige or wealth. Or just slaves to the economy and to the governments, sent off to war to die to protect the wealth of those at the top.

We should not be arguing amongst ourselves. Our color should not be used to judge us. Our attitude and our honesty should be used to judge us. The color of our skin is just something that helps identify us from one another, it has nothing to do with our trustworthyness.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Did you know that European empires used to own the slave trade almost solely? This Europe never had slaves bit is only but one thing you need to check up on or are you from a different alternate time that you happened to end up here?

So the white people in Europe are responsible for the white people in America starting black slavery.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Not only what you described as far as the media, but I swear in the last few years, there are numerous slavery movies coming out, further fueling the fire. It is no coincidence these movies are hitting the shelf at just the right convenient time. I would say for you to post this on a BLM site but they would just call the facts racist and lies.
edit on 20-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Did you know that European empires used to own the slave trade almost solely? This Europe never had slaves bit is only but one thing you need to check up on or are you from a different alternate time that you happened to end up here?

So the white people in Europe are responsible for the white people in America starting black slavery.

They did help facilitate it.
The slaves were captured by other tribes in Africa and brought to slave traders. The slave traders were overwhelmingly Portuguese, according to what I have read.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You do know I presume that before the first Africans arrived in the USA, in 1619 white Irish children were already being shipped over there as slaves? There was even a law enacted which stated "It is no more a sin to kill an irish man than it is to kill a dog" and were cheaper than the African slave and many many more of the Irish died than the Africans.

Will we be seeing Irish Lives Matter next? Will they be wanting reparations? Who should we make the cheque paypable to?

Some of my long dead distant ancestors were caught and shipped off to Rome...should I now be taking this up with the Italian Government for the imaginary hurt I'm currently suffering at the thought of their suffering?

Are we going to be seeing a Nurenburg style witch hunt for every ancestor of anyone who owned a slave? Just to keep it nice and fresh and give everyone a reason to be offended

There is a very good reason certain sectors of society keep this carp alive and its money!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
You do know I presume that before the first Africans arrived in the USA, in 1619 white Irish children were already being shipped over there as slaves? There was even a law enacted which stated "It is no more a sin to kill an irish man than it is to kill a dog" and were cheaper than the African slave and many many more of the Irish died than the Africans.

Will we be seeing Irish Lives Matter next? Will they be wanting reparations? Who should we make the cheque paypable to?

Some of my long dead distant ancestors were caught and shipped off to Rome...should I now be taking this up with the Italian Government for the imaginary hurt I'm currently suffering at the thought of their suffering?

Are we going to be seeing a Nurenburg style witch hunt for every ancestor of anyone who owned a slave? Just to keep it nice and fresh and give everyone a reason to be offended

There is a very good reason certain sectors of society keep this carp alive and its money!

Excellent post. I have never seen that BookerT.Washington quote before.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
My nephew asked me when he was going to get slave reparations since he is 1/4 Irish.
I told him not to hold his breath.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They did help facilitate it.
The slaves were captured by other tribes in Africa and brought to slave traders. The slave traders were overwhelmingly Portuguese, according to what I have read.

Wrong there has never been black slavery in Europe so your idea that they are responsible for the actions of their descendent who went to America is wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

In the military they would call it implanted memory's. False memory's of events that never happened used to modify behaviour and invoke emotion for events that never occurred. Its a fact that only 1% of African Americans have an ancestor who was a slave yet they are all talking about "when they were slaves" even fairly recent immigrants.

The vast majority of black people who push the whole "it's OK the way I'm behaving because it's payback for slavery" were never slaves and neither were any of their ancestors. You have masses of blacks who came to America after slavery was abolished using this excuse.

In Europe where blacks were never slaves you also have blacks talking this nonsense about "when they were slaves" and their ancestors hardship.

You have people for example from Somalia jumping on the same bandwagon.

It seams to me black people are quick to make use of any excuse they can muster when it comes to justifying their bad behaviour.

The media is responsible to a very large extent in implanting these false slave memory's in young blacks who if they traced their family back would see that in fact they were never slaves.

So what is to be made of young blacks demanding "reprimands" for a family history that never happened.

In addition to this you have the crazy phenomena of racially confused people who are not even black imagining a time when the white man had them as slaves.

You actually have white people in Europe coming to the UK for example and demanding benefits etc and imagining it is "payback" for some imagined hardship or slavery they endured at the hands of the British once upon a time!

Your statistic of 1% is definitely not even close to reality.. It's probably closer to 1% that don't have slave ancestry. I think your main point however is a valid one that has some merit. You should edit your post to maintain some credibility.

As far as what you say though, I've often thought the same every time I see a movie like "Django unchained". These types of media and propaganda I'm sure go a long ways to creating the hate and nastiness that is so prevleant in the black community. And no I know that there are wonderful black folks out there and thankfully I've met them, so I'm not painting a whole group of people with a broad brush, but anyone who is a realist and has been around a lot of black American folks (especially those in customer service or service oriented professions), know darn well that there is an atypically high percentage of very hateful and angry people... And honestly I'm not surprised being that they constantly have media through movies and television telling them that they are owed something because of how their ancestors were treated.

I wish Martin Luther Kind Jr. Was still alive today. He was an incredibly intelligent and articulate man who was one in a million among his culture and race. Based on his words of "don't judge someone based on the color of their skin but the content of their character", I'm sure he's rolling in his grave to see where the black movement is today with the culture of gangster rap, hatred, rudeness, and violence.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A post about black slavery and the MODs move it to LOL, says a lot about ATS MODs

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes as I said there are many racially confused peoples who link their history to some fictitious time when the white man had them as slaves. There are actually white people too who dislike British for example because the hardship and slavery their ancestors endured in their fairytale history they have created in their heads and now they want payback !

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Idiots who are free talking about fighting for freedom, throwing off some imaginary slave chains, fighting a righteous battle against some imaginary oppressor who has enslaved them. Someone is apparently stopping them from doing what they want to.

edit on 20-7-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes as I said there are many racially confused peoples who link their history to some fictitious time when the white man had them as slaves. There are actually white people too who dislike British for example because the hardship and slavery their ancestors endured in their fairytale history they have created in their heads and now they want payback !

I still have no idea what you're talking about...who are these white groups championing for "payback" for a fairy-tale history? I'm not seeing what you are claiming exists...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You know issues of so called false memory aside there is the issue of using the fact that one person's ancestors held someone else's in bondage as an excuse for anti social behavior which even if that's true does not justify anything I'm of irish descent and it's a fact that the English shipped thousands of my ancestors off to the Dutch east Indies as slaves and I don't see us out there saying place lives matter lol

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wonder if ATS members are aware that it is possetted by some Blacks that they were/are actually indigenous to the USA and were there long long before the colonists ? It is also believed in certain circles that most blacks in America have Native Indian dna and inter-bred with them. There are many native Indian black tribes such as the Yamasee and Iroqois. Revisionists believe that black people were in fact enslaved "in their own land" i.e. The USA.

I must confess that after reading various black historical sites, to a certain scepticism regarding the alleged figures for this mass exodus and transportation which, according to figures, over a 300 yr period resulted in around 12m blacks being transported to the USA. As can be noted from the below passage, the figures don't add up. Whilst I've no way of proving yay or nay to what is said in this particular article, it makes interesting reading

Over a period of 300 years, is it fair to say that 60,000 slaves were transported annually to the Americas or has the transportation of slaves to the Americas been one big myth? The largest seagoing vessel carried 400 slaves but not all of the ships were that large. Time of passage was 3 – 4 months. That means 200 vessels/ships per year would have to travel carrying 300 people. One ship could make 3 passages per year. The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database says there were 1100 – 1400 voyages made over that 300 year period. If that is the case and each ship carried 400 people, the total number would be 560,000 Africans were transported. It still does not add up.

There is also the fact that these people were worth money...they had value..unlike the irish slaves. There are numerous records of Irish slaves being tossed overboard as they were considered worthless scum, but barely any that confirm the same of the black slaves. These slave traders were in it for the cash and there was no profit in dumping your cargo overboard or treating them so badly they became unsellable!

Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade

Whilst I take most online articles etc with a pinch of salt, I think they certainly are some anomalies that if we had the resources and contacts would be worth seriously investigating.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The slave trades probably been around as long as mankind. With all races taking part in being slavers and slaves. In the 19th century Arab slavers from the barbery coast use to raid the southern coastlines of England, Wales and Ireland sometimes emptying the villages of all male and females then shipping them off to North Africa. It got so bad fishermen wouldn't leave port to go fishing as a result King George III ordered the Royal Navy and Dutch navy to besiege Algeria and free over 3000 Christian slaves. So no ones got ownership of being a victim its part of world history.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would figure most people of African descent have slaves in their family at some point...i mean if you consider they were taking other tribe's people as captives/slaves way way way before anyone showed up with ships to export them anywhere. The whole reparations thing is laughable. Like...are you going to ask your African ancestors to pay you for what they were doing? There weren't huge parties of European guys going into the jungles to capture these slaves. No they went to a village and traded with the elders for captives the tribe had taken while fighting other tribes. Being Irish I feel like we have a better claim for any kind of reparations...not that I want any, but if anyone should get them lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join