It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Republican National Convention Speech 7/19/16

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: awareness10

Not one word Dr. Carson spoke in that speech was incorrect. He's spittballing pure truth, and that fact is completely independent of whether people listen to it and believe it or choose to ignore it or decry it.

Thankyou I thought so too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not one word Dr. Carson spoke in that speech was incorrect. He's spittballing pure truth, and that fact is completely independent of whether people listen to it and believe it or choose to ignore it or decry it.

Spot on. Well said.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

it IS pure truth, to people who feel their religion is threatened.

but...

people who feel that way are not strong in their faith and no one can help with that, not Ben Carson, not Trump, not your God...no one.

edit on 20-7-2016 by veracity because: sorry

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

It is interesting, It made me sad pointing out how the ideals this Country were founded on are being demonized for an agenda.
Yeah the U.S. has issues, but the only reason we don't have slavery anymore is because those founding documents made it possible to abolish it. The Civil rights movement was and IS possible because of those founding documents.
SO many things have been made better because those documents foresaw that, at its founding, the Country was NOT perfect, it will never be perfect.

But those ideals were a beacon to the rest of the world, a beacon of HOPE.

And now we have people saying our founding documents are out dated and are not worth studying anymore.

I pray we have not lost forever being that beacon of hope, but I fear we may have, with either candidate. There is, to me, only one thin string of hope left, and that is NOT with Hillary.

These are trying times yes, and reading through this thread at some of the nitpicking about what Carson said and did not say makes me see the division within the people of faith.

A separation of the wheat from the chaff it would seem is occuring. I really thought most who watched it, and many on this thread did agree, that taking away from the video the good, of it. I did, you did, and a few others here took away from that message what needed to be heard. That was my intent and the main reason for the entire post.

Eyes to see, ears to hear, and all that.

Establishment is on it's last leg, and even i an onlooker, can see which side would benefit the People, rather than the same old same old year after year 'groupies' within establishment, patting each other on the backs while the people keep on voting them in like lambs to the slaughter, Trump i believe is that chink in the chain that everyone needed.
edit on 7/20/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sorry my friend, but as I stated already, truth is truth regardless of whether TrueBrit acknowledges it or decries it... you keep doing what works for you and I wish you the best on your personal journey with the Almighty... but I neither need nor asked for you to hold my hand while I take my own journey.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

it IS pure truth, to people who feel their religion is threatened.

but...

people who feel that way are not strong in their faith and no one can help with that, not Ben Carson, not Trump, not your God...no one.

It's not just people who are strong or weak in their faith. It's fairly obvious, even to a child, that society has become more divided, more self centred and more uncaring. We're living in a time of 'me', a selfishness that I have never seen before.

I understand exactly what Carson was saying. To suggest that people who think that their religion is threatened are 'weak' is a nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding about what religion is. It includes a set of core ethics and values and when you see them disappearing around you, it's not weak to say so. In fact I would suggest it shows strength.
edit on 20/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

ok, maybe I am looking at this wrong...

is Ben Carson suggesting that Christianity is threatened? and you are Agreeing?

Bc that is how I view his speech and your posts.

If I am wrong, sorry.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

ok, maybe I am looking at this wrong...

is Ben Carson suggesting that Christianity is threatened? and you are Agreeing?

Bc that is how I view his speech and your posts.

If I am wrong, sorry.

My own points are in reference to the speech.

Is Christianity at risk in the US - Yes, in my view, and that is what I believe Carson was trying to convey. The numbers would also support him there.

Does that mean God will turn his back on individual Christians - No, and Carson never said that. There will just be less Christians in the US overall.

Does that mean God will turn his back on the USA - No. It does mean however that the core values and ethics of Christianity will be less relevant and less prominent in the USA and therefore the whole countries culture will be less driven by Chritianity, which is the point I think Carson is making (he underlined the relationship between US culture, the constitution and even the currency with God).

Rightly or wrongly Carson believes that there are forces in the US govt changing the ethical make up of the people of the US (and moving it to a pretty ugly place) and he is standing up against it. I applaud him for that.

There is absolutely no indication of weakness of faith from what he said - quite the opposite.

As a general point, to feel threatened is not a sign of weakness. Your action in response to that threat determines whether your faith is strong or weak. A man who gives up their faith to protect themselves has weak faith. A man who stands up in front of millions and risks mockery and derision and probably his political career to face a perceived threat has more strength and belief in his faith than most of us will ever have regardless of what we believe in.

peace.

edit on 20/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You are worried about less Christians? Even if you are the only CHristian in the US left, you should not feel threatened.

Pure faith comes from within, not how many Christians there are around you, or in the US.

The fact that you feel threatened is a sure-fire sign of weakness.

Is the govt. burning down your churches and throwing you in jail if they catch you praying to Jesus?

NO...

but that DID happen in CHina, and it made Buddhism stronger.

quit whining and spreading ignorance, omg you are so selfish

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Dear Dr. Carson

What if, instead of Hillary and others being under the spell of Lucifer, maybe it is you that Satan is tempting. Maybe Satan is tempting you and others in your party to think unkind thoughts about people, to make easy statements that people need to be hung and shot for treason. Maybe Lucifer is telling you to put people in prison instead of what Jesus said to do about visiting Him in prison. Good Christians can fall prey to Lucifer, maybe even easier, because that is how Satan works.

Love is what is most important,
desert

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
Dear Dr. Carson

What if, instead of Hillary and others being under the spell of Lucifer, maybe it is you that Satan is tempting. Maybe Satan is tempting you and others in your party to think unkind thoughts about people, to make easy statements that people need to be hung and shot for treason. Maybe Lucifer is telling you to put people in prison instead of what Jesus said to do about visiting Him in prison. Good Christians can fall prey to Lucifer, maybe even easier, because that is how Satan works.

Love is what is most important,
desert

I think I read a book about you before, "Screwtape letters".

edit on 20-7-2016 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Again, do you sincerely believe that Christians within nations he judges will be cast into hellfire just because of their geographical location?

If so, you have a very funny idea of what Christ is about.

I'm just saying according to scripture, God judges nation.

Actually he judges the earth, but he is a righteous judge, himself being perfect.

"The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22).

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

I didn't write it.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join