It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Utah Delegates Threatened after Anti-Trump Push

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Fox News and Salt Lake City Tribune

At-Large Delegate Keera Bierkeland was the first.

“I … came out of my stall, and there I was confronted by two women,” said at-large delegate Kera Birkeland, according to her account on Facebook of the incident. “They yelled at me, called me names. They said I should die.”

This was in the bathroom of the Quicken Loans Arena.

The next threat is in writing, via email to Stafani Stone Williams from Carl Paladino, Co-Chairman of Trump's NY Campaign:

"You should be hung [sic] for treason Stefani," Paladino wrote. "There will not be a Republican Party if you attempt to replace Trump. I'll be in your face in Cleveland."

Apparently, the Trump campaign already believes him to be President and that pushing for a roll call is a hangable offense.

In regard to the bathroom incident:

Bruce Hough, the Utah GOP's national committeeman and a sergeant-at-arms and officer of the convention, spoke with Birkeland and said that while he understands nothing physical occurred, "verbal abuse is not acceptable."

Is this a campaign or a mafia shakedown I wonder?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Huge difference in "threatened" in your title and "I wish , or should" . Just more lefties digging deep for something , anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hey, you don't vote for The Donald you sleep with the fishes, you know I'm sayin'???

Fugetaboutit....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I thought only the Dems were supposed to be the violent ones. Don't worry Trumps followers will soon be here to make up excuses for the actions of Trumps tools.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Huge difference in "threatened" in your title and "I wish , or should" . Just more lefties digging deep for something , anything.

I found it on the front page of Fox news. That is not digging deep. The word threatened was used by the people threatened and by GOP officials.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Hey, you don't vote for The Donald you sleep with the fishes, you know I'm sayin'???

Fugetaboutit....

lol

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Decent enough thread, and thanks ! Bumped.
A large blank part of the RNC Convention complex
this time around is Progressive FIeld. The irony---

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

"You should be hung" is not a threat it is a statement......at this rate simply disagreeing with a person will end up being labeled hate speech or threatening.....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"You should be hung" is not a threat it is a statement......at this rate simply disagreeing with a person will end up being labeled hate speech or threatening.....

It is a threatening email, coupled with 'treason' and "I will be in your face in Cleveland". These are people who are supposed to be on the same side.

I did not provide the verbiage. Especially the face to face on the bathroom, the GOP official did note that is a legal issue.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Pretty sure it's the "I'll be in your face" and "There will not be a Republican Party if you" parts that were considered threatening, rather than the statement that she should be hung.

Warning someone that you're going to be getting in their face is a threat. Stating that something will happen to an entire political party if this one person does not comply with what the other person wants is also a threat.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Looks messy to me...

It is a threatening email, coupled with 'treason' and "I will be in your face in Cleveland". These are people who are supposed to be on the same side.

I will be in your face....could that just mean ..."when i see you there i am going to get close and give you a piece of my mind" ?, it is not a threat of violence it is a statement saying "im am going to tell you what i think of you right to your face".....this is communication without the pc dribble and should not be viewed as threatening......

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The wording is just too loose, saying this will happen...what they will lose ?....as far as the in your face bit i touched on that in the above post...

ETA...you should die is a statement and i am going to kill you is a threat....fairly significant difference....Granted the statement is in poor taste just not a threat...
edit on 20-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
We need to get away from this two party system. It is holding us hostage and there are no good choices

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
We need to get away from this two party system. It is holding us hostage and there are no good choices

This is the best advice by far. Both of these parties have been in control for the last 150 years and they have ruined this nation.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Certainly not the behavior I like to see or expect our politicians to exhibit. However i'm not surprised, sadly.

Unacceptable.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Oh, Fox is just repeating what the SLC Tribune reported.

Since they are in Utah the story is suspect, I think. Sour grapes.

And I thought I read "a large delegate..." lol.

Meh.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sounds like the DNC sneaked in some deep cover operatives.

Not the first time not the last.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like the DNC sneaked in some deep cover operatives.

Not the first time not the last.

No, they did not. Creative thinking though, I will give you that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Oh, Fox is just repeating what the SLC Tribune reported.

Since they are in Utah the story is suspect, I think. Sour grapes.

And I thought I read "a large delegate..." lol.

Meh.

Sour grapes from who? What is suspect?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Gothmog

I found it on the front page of Fox news. That is not digging deep. The word threatened was used by the people threatened and by GOP officials.

I saw the live interview, and the women was taken aback by the threats she received...she said that she never has encountered that before

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join