It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Engineer at Vandenburg A.F.B. comes clean about past ufo sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A former Engineer at Vandenburg who is now 75 years of age wants to come clean now about his experiences in seeing ufo's track missiles which were launched from base from the time period of 1965-1978.

The ufo's were descibed as being cagar shaped, and the duration was around 30 minutes. The former Engineer talks about the speed of the ufo's. The particular radar units at the time were capable of tracking speeds of up to 10,500 mph. He described the speed of these ufo's seen as "immediate and extraordinarily fast. Outrunning the speed of the missiles."

sighting report
edit on 19pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Lot of specific data about places he worked, should be verifiable. Vandenberg launches were in the public eye, too. Wonder if anyone else saw these oofoos tracking the vehicles?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The report sounds like a load of cobblers.

The Bluesteak Missile was a British built missile and from what i gather it was never used by The U.S.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

most likely I would guess they were seen by more than he. He said launch films were classified, and if now still existed would be in the SAC area.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Most interesting is that he debunks a rather famous sighting:

A comment on the film, “Out of the Blue”, where it describes an incident at VAFB where a UFO supposedly shot lasers at, and disrupted, what appeared to be a Titan Delta flight; I was at VAFB at the time of the first Titan augmented flights and no such incident happened that I was aware of.

Link in OP post.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The Bluesteak Missile was a British built missile and from what i gather it was never used by The U.S.

Very true, the Blue Streak was only tested at Woomera and French Guiana, never in the USA. It was also a MRBM....

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

yes, I thought so too.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Interesting post. In the sighting report it states, "...the SR-71, when notified of it passing through the Hawaiian Air Space, insuring that it stayed in the flight lane it was authorized for, and it flew at a reasonable speed of 3,500 mph plus...", so my question is: did the SR-71 achieve this speed, and was the bird capable of achieving speeds faster than the ICBMs being launched from Vandenburg AFB?

I hope NUFORC is able to follow up with the source and clarify some of the dates of the sightings; moreover, I hold out hope that if any of this is true the source relays some of the on-base speculation of what these UFOs were attempting to accomplish in the tracking of missle launches. Again, thanks for posting and any additional insight you may be able to provide.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

While you might be technically correct, the THOR missile was indeed tested at Vandenberg.

PGM-17 Thor[edit] The transition from Army camp to missile base solidified on 15 December 1958 when Vandenberg AFB successfully launched its first missile, a PGM-17 Thor IRBM (Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile) The launch from Vandenberg inaugurated the intermediate-range ballistic missile portion of the Pacific Missile Range and was fired by a crew from the 1st Missile Division. The first successful launch of a Thor IRBM by a Royal Air Force crew took place at Vandenberg AFB on 16 April 1959. This launch was part of integrated weapon system training. In October, the first combat training launch of a Thor IRBM by a Royal Air Force crew was successful.

Saying that just because it was British it wasn't tested there is shutting down a conversation just 'cos.

EDIT: Vandenberg

edit on 19-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The amount of detail sounds pretty credible.
I knew a guy that did similar work for Hughes and GE (among others) during that period. Wish he was still with us. I really wouldn't doubt if he knew this guy.
Always wanted to ask him about stuff like this, but I would have been embarassed. He did pass on stories of unusual things.. Especially under Hughes.
edit on 19/7/2016 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

While you might be technically correct, the THOR missile was indeed tested at Vandenberg.

PGM-17 Thor[edit] The transition from Army camp to missile base solidified on 15 December 1958 when Vandenberg AFB successfully launched its first missile, a PGM-17 Thor IRBM (Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile) The launch from Vandenberg inaugurated the intermediate-range ballistic missile portion of the Pacific Missile Range and was fired by a crew from the 1st Missile Division. The first successful launch of a Thor IRBM by a Royal Air Force crew took place at Vandenberg AFB on 16 April 1959. This launch was part of integrated weapon system training. In October, the first combat training launch of a Thor IRBM by a Royal Air Force crew was successful.

Saying that just because it was British it wasn't tested there is shutting down a conversation just 'cos.

Just carry out a few ninutes research like i have.

You will find that, The Bluestreak Missile was never launched from ANY site in the U.S.

Why are people persisting with this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Lot of specific data about places he worked, should be verifiable. Vandenberg launches were in the public eye, too. Wonder if anyone else saw these oofoos tracking the vehicles?

Vandenberg conducts a lot of night ops you can watch from Ellwood Beach in Goleta.

between 9-11.

Those aircraft whatever they are move VERY fast.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Regarding what the ufo's were attempting to do here with the missiles, its well known that over the years, decades really, there have been many, many sightings of ufo's on or around bases and weaponry. They seem especially interested in nuclear weapons, but interest in general weaponry as well I would think, to check out our advancements. In my opinion we have been and are being monitored regarding our choices of weaponry and their technological advances. I will be watching for updates on this post and will pass those along when/if they become avaiable.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The blue streak missile was never used, period. One could however argue that a person might mistake blue streak for THOR.

You may find this website interesting.

Harrington Museum

edit on 19-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

its always possible, given his age (75 now), he may have made an error.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

If he can't even get the name of The Missile correct it leaves a great deal to be desired about the rest of his " Report "

Come on, use some common sense.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You really should check out the website I linked and note the fact that British military were indeed at Vandenberg testing missiles and you might see a possible reason why a person may make a mistake half a century later.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

You really should check out the website I linked and note the fact that British military were indeed at Vandenberg testing missiles and you might see a possible reason why a person may make a mistake half a century later.

This article is from The British National Achives

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

The British Miltary may well have been at Vandenber. The Bluestreak never was. This chap is living in some kind of fantasy world.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

If he can't even get the name of The Missile correct it leaves a great deal to be desired about the rest of his " Report "

Come on, use some common sense.

You could be right, but it also could have been classified with no record except for accounts like this guy's.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It really should be reiterated that the blue streak and the Thor missile systems were being developed in tandem, both in the US and the UK. The blue streak never went anywhere but the Thor did.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join