It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Relation Between Long Hair & Extrasensory Perception

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Just telling you what I was told by them. They have always believed thus and I grew up hearing it from them whenever I asked why no one from there tribe cuts there hair.
Doesn't matter to me if its true or not. That's what they believe.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Gas masks are still used?
I see all the SF with beards and all.
Yes, I LIKE me with beard and hair full,beard braided hair long.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Gas masks are still used?

Yeah, it's harder to go MOPP4 with a big ol' shaggy beard.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

The Op is about hair,not about American Indians.....The OP used an example of hair that may or may not have an antenna like ability.....

edit on 20-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I much prefer longer hair myself.

As a fifty-plus year old guy... But I don't feel right either with short hair. Even when I was working, I kept it as long as I could get away with.

I think there might, maybe, just be a little something to this...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The Op is about hair,not about American Indians.....The OP used an example of hair that may or may not have an antenna like ability.....

It's a near-total insulator, and thus isn't an antenna.

It's good for shading. And for dispersing sweat so you get a bit better cooling. And it's dandy for carrying scents secreted by your apocrine glands. So you tend to be hairier in your pits and pubes.

And it helps you detect bugs crawling on your skin.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

You're such a buzz-kill... [/jk]

Assuming that extra-sensory perception of any sort even exists... Personally, I'm betwixt and between on that. No one has a clue as to how it works, any one who does is lying, not to put too fine a point on it.

It could be all our normal senses working overtime. Or it could be something else entirely. Or, nothing at all. I certainly don't know, I only know that sometimes, just sometimes, weird stuff happens in my head before it actually does.

edit on 7/20/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You're such a buzz-kill... [/jk]

Mine all migrated south for the winter, leaving me with plenty of 'tight' but no 'high'. And now it's all in itchy places I'd rather not have it.

Does it work to pick up psychic waves if it's not on your head anymore?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Mines migrating, too. Once it reaches a certain point, it's all coming off. No comb overs for this hippy wanna-be.

Does it work to pick up psychic waves if it's not on your head anymore?

I won't know, since it'll all be shaved off after a certain point... But I'd think not.
edit on 7/20/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Not so much as an antenna, but as an extra sensory source,seagul in his post above describes it pretty well.....im on the fence it sounds believable...
edit on 20-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Mines migrating, too. Once it reaches a certain point, it's all coming off. No comb overs for this hippy wanna-be.

A few years back I went for a revenge cut, and now it's all on my face with nought but stubble on me head. Saves money at the barber's too, I only go to get my beard shaped up once a month.

I won't know, since it'll all be shaved off after a certain point... But I'd think not.

There goes my vision of whupping off my shirt and going "doo doo doo doo doo" like the 6 million dollar man with my 'sensor pelt'.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Arrrgh!!!

My minds eye just went blind...

Anyone know any good ESP mind bleach?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
And the reason you cut your hair in the field (if you're spec) is that it's easier to keep clean that way. Less chance of getting lice. And it's harder to grab in close quarter combat, which is also a good reason not to let your beard get too long if you're going non-spec at the time.

Also, I would have thought, as with Native Americans, soldiers tracking or being tracked, aren't going to want to be shedding hair like a trail of breadcrumbs. We're all shedding hair pretty constantly without noticing it, when it's long it's obvious. Hence all those fancy up-dos that Sahabi has kindly provided.

I had short hair most of my life, it's nearing my waist now, and if anything it clouds, dulls and obscures my senses and therefore reactions somewhat, which is why I keep it pinned up out the way, if I am out and about. Only when I am relaxed do I let it down. So, much more of a vulnerability in my opinion...but unless I shave it, much cheaper long.

Where hair has any ritual use, it is generally cut hair. The Tlingit, for example, keep dread locked combs. Hair is more about possessing a person's identity in such cases, rather than as a means of receiving information. Which as you point out, the hair holds a person's smell, so that makes some sense applied to a belief in sympathetic magic.

All the evidence suggests that this group was invented at the same time that esoteric Hitlerism was being manufactured. There is certainly no evidence that a Maria Orsic ever existed, and if she did, no evidence that she had any contact with Hitler or his central circle. I personally suspect that it was a ploy on the part of female neo-Nazis to excuse their unwillingness to go the full skinhead. They wanted the Swastika, and to hate minorities, but they wanted to keep their blonde tresses while they did it. Or as likely, some of the guys invented it as a means of enticing long haired lovelies to the cause while getting their end away. Either way, the "history" is totally made up without a shred of evidence to support it. If individuals do indeed feel their hair acts as a receiver, fair enough, who is to say what is and is not possible, but Maria Orsic, as a character of fiction, certainly does not validate that belief in any way.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

That's partially why I said to look into Maria Orsic. The mythology existed even if she didn't.
The Nazis occult interests are nothing new and, as I said, I need to find out more myself.

The point I was trying to make was that the Vril Ladies allegedly had very long hair and this was allegedly because they believed it was connected to their alleged psychic powers.

Fact or fiction, the mythology existed connecting with the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If it is only about hair, why use an unauthentic article in the op making unsubstantiated claims about the Vietnam War and Native American trackers?

If the op were simply about hair instead of internet hoax articles, the op should be loaded with references to Sikhs, Sadhus, Rastas, Leviticus 19:27 impact on Jews & Amish, Samson, and would have named specific tribes detailing their specific hair culture, instead of trying to lump all Native Americans together under one systemic hair belief.

edit on 7/20/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

instead of trying to lump all Native Americans together under one systemic hair belief.

Pretty sure that was your interpretation hence why i pointed it out to you...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No. It was the article's inference by their repeated use of "Native Americans" and "Indians" instead of naming specific people or tribes. There was no mention at all of the shaved and cut Native cultures, instead, it was written as if all Native Americans relied on long hair to enhance their conscious-awareness.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Its funny how Jewish men are encouraged to grow their hair whilst the women shave it and wear a wig.

www.ultimatetruthofself.com...

According to the yogic tradition, hair is a wonderful gift of the nature, that helps to raise the Kundalini energy, which is the force that increases the energy, tranquility and intuition. Because, when you let your hair grow fully and coil it on the crown of the head, the "Pranic Energy" or "Life Force" flows down from the top of the head (Crown Chakra) to the base of the Spine (Muladhara Chakra). -

this is telling...

In ancient days and even till a few decades back, people from different culture, did not use to cut their hair. But, their hair was cut forcefully, as a symbol of slavery, during the time they were conquered or enslaved - See more at: www.ultimatetruthofself.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join