It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have That Sneaking Suspicion, Too? (terror attacks)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Okay, my concerns about the government (or someone controlling those in government) using "terrorist attacks" as a means to sway public opinion and garner votes during an election is being bolstered yet again.

At the start, it seemed like the Dems were out to make gun control a major focus of Clinton and this presidential run, and as such, there were being these abnormally massive attacks on innocent people and police officers happening on a weekly basis--way more often and dramatic than had really been happening prior to that.

As a result, we see the oft-used memes about how guns aren't the problem, it's the ideology of the individual or mental illness or what have you. Then we start seeing trucks being driven through crowds of people, and axes being used on German trains to attack people, and now women getting stabbed in France.

It's almost as if someone from the other side (GOP) is saying, "Hey, two can play at this game...we'll show you that it's not about the weapon."

I can't shake the feeling anymore that we have people who are willing to destroy the lives of people in order to pass an agenda and build a voting block in a bid for power of what some people still consider the most powerful nation in the world. Yes, it's all circumstantial evidence, and I do believe in coincidences from time to time, but what do you all think?

Do you feel like our lives are nothing more than a bargaining chip that can just be spent in order to further the goals of the man/woman/whomever behind the curtain? I'm genuinely interested to hear your thoughts on this, because it's becoming more apparent to me that this is exactly the scenario in which we find ourselves right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

A bit on the tin foil hat side of things... but not so far out there as it is beyond belief. Hope they aren't THAT desperate for "votes".

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing OP.

Do you feel like our lives are nothing more than a bargaining chip that can just be spent in order to further the goals of the man/woman/whomever behind the curtain?

That's exactly how I'm feeling.

They want us separated and hating each other so we're too distracted to stand up and make any real change.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You live under the governance of an international alliance composed of a North American Union, China and Europe. Major powers are waging permanent low-level urban warfare. Rocket bombs soar over cities to crash into buildings. There are conflicts involving armies, but they are limited to border regions. Large banners fly downtown to celebrate victory over the nation's enemies.

This is a totalitarian state under a benevolent leader in which citizens are detained and arrested on the merest suspicion of espionage. But the benevolent leader is seen only on television; he never appears in public. Personal surveillance is unceasing and relentless: TV cameras that receive and transmit simultaneously are everywhere. The political-correctness police listen in on every conversation to match speakers to the profile of a potential saboteur. Ordinary citizens live in constant fear of arrest and imprisonment for terrorist activities.

Qestia

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Considering how many "terrorists" in recent years were previously known, under observation, or even under arrest/interviewed...?

Considering that the state's response is ALWAYS furthering the transformation into a security state - albeit knowing for decades that this proclaimed "security" does not exist
- and security experts coming forward, saying these attacks ultimately could not even be prevented with soldiers on the street...?

Yes. "Using" at the very least.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think it's bigger than the US and bigger than guns. A lot bigger. I think the gun control issue is just another way to divide people.

Personally, I think the end game is an all out, global, quasi-racewar. Middle Eastern Islam vs Western Christianity.

I believe the media is fully engaged in working towards that and I think if we want to contain it, we're gonna need to take a long, hard look at the people that feed us information through our media.

We need to start asking ourselves why these people are trying to make us all fight.

It feels like these news stories are an attempt at radicalising everyone.

It's slow-kill. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a population control method, targeting two of the most prevalent peoples on the planet.

A build up to a war that someone believes will save mankind.

No blowback, no mess, no charges. Just tell the right stories, at the right times and watch us tear ourselves apart.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

exactly, and the fact that it`s an election year is no coincidence.can`t have the people being united during an election year because it might make it impossible to appoint the next chosen leader if the voting is too one sided against the chosen one.it`s easier to rig an election if the voting is close but if the voting is too one sided any attempt to rig it would be too obvious.
I have a feeling that after the election is over we will see a lot more effort by the MSM and politicians to unite people rather than divide.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

A bit on the tin foil hat side of things... but not so far out there as it is beyond belief. Hope they aren't THAT desperate for "votes".

Have you seen the two main candidates and their unlikability ratings?

Yeah, they're that desperate.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
9/11 was proof alone that sections of our government were willing to sacrifice human lives to push an agenda, so nothing is really out of the question at this juncture.
There has been a noticeable uptick in gun violence, mass shootings, what have you, and it has had a fishy scent to me from the beginning. Though I do not necessarily believe that it is to gain votes, it may very well be to gain something, and with this in mind, we must stand our ground as citizens, and human beings.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well, politics are just rhetoric. The left uses plenty of things to garner votes. Many of which are desperate.
But politics are a farce anyway, so who cares?

No, nobody needs to make the terrorist attacks out to be anything other than what they are. They're happening and we have to put an end to them. I don't think this has to do with U.S. politics at all but rather about a group of very evil and extreme people who are dead-set on terrorizing others for their own personal gain/attaining power.

There could be plenty of conspiracy regarding the terror attacks, but this idea of yours isn't one of them because it would literally be the dumbest thing ever. This is a global issue. Please stop thinking that our political parties have power to dictate events in other countries. It's a presidential race. Happens every four years. Nothing new. Nothing to freak out over.

Nobody needs to prove that weapons aren't the issue because it's so obvious that it never needed proof in the first place. It's called LOGIC. Something that liberals seem to lack lol

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Brilliant response. However, your response scares me a bit.
There's a little thing that happened back on a beautiful, clear September day in 2001 that was used to unite us as a nation, and to dive headfirst into the Middle East.

edit on 19-7-2016 by s1ngular1ty because: Waffles

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

because it's coming down to the wire and the world is ending.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

With where we are as a species, our nature and how we treat one another, it might as well be the end of the friggin world.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Well, I could argue that your stance on this is a bit naïve in that it assumes that my premise is wrong without any real proof--not that I'm saying that I'm right, either, as noted in my OP where I say that it's just a feeling, and that I acknowledge that it's all circumstantial evidence that points to the premise of my OP.

That said, you'll also note that I also said "or someone controlling those in government," meaning that I'm open to the puppet masters not even being American.

So, if my concerns are "the dumbest thing ever," why are you wasting time on responding to it?

(and FYI, there have been PLENTY of times that our political parties and their leaders have had a hand in dictating what other countries do)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That's a fascinating proposition.

Maybe its a drive to institute a new regime of "Law and Order" wherein in the guise of "making the US Safe Again", they seriously crank up the surveillance state using all the new tools available to them; creating more "watchers" for suspicious behaviors. If you think about it, they've got all the tools needed to create a "constant surveillance and tracking" system much like the "Machine" as described in the TV series "Person of Interest". If they force the need for everyone to carry a chipped and GPS enabled Smart Phone to buy and pay for stuff, they truly complete the circle. If they push a "Single Payer" health care system, they can integrate data collection on individuals from the day they're born.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

"See something, say something."

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

I did think of that too, what if they divided us too far and after the election they can`t reunite us,then they would have to resort to something big

edit on 19-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Yeah...IF (and that's a relatively big "if") this is all just acts in a play orchestrated by some world-wide group, it is definitely bigger than just gun control. But so much more can happen once guns are outlawed/taken from a society, so it's very possible that it's just one of the beginning steps in a much bigger plan.

Obviously the media is a huge influence on all of it--it's the voice of the ruling class. Without it, none of this would really be happening, although, I do think that currently there is a switch from the standard media being the biggest control to social media taking over that slot. I mean, really, the people who watch television news are generally the older generations, whereas those who have the energy (and, IMO, lack of intelligence) to protest and become activists over some of these issues get their "information" via social media primarily.

Instantaneous sharing of hatred and negative ideology has replace the slower methods which actually gave people time to cool down and think things through before acting. Now people just get a text with a link to a tweet of a protest down the street and they contact Uber and hop a ride and are there in 10 minutes.

Critical thinking is gone, and knee-jerk reactivism (TM) is taking over, and IF there is a grand plan to cause anything (like a global race war), this is exactly what is needed in order to make it happen.

new topics

top topics

join