It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
And now.. I am upset... I had a VIP visit scheduled for my place of employment this week. We found out late and had to scramble to change the whole staffs schedule in order to accommodate it. One of my supervisors gave up a visit with her fiancé, another gave up something her family was doing.. people moved around their whole lives in order to make sure that I could be present for this visit.

Then, late last night I get notice that they have cancelled the visit.. all these people, giving up something important to them in order to help me out.. and now they find out that they didn't have to.

Whoever is sitting up there in a VP position.. just don't do it.. don't schedule a visit and then cancel it late .. You may not realize it but you are messing with people's lives. Now these people are upset because they each gave up spending time with people they love... for you...a person they have never met.

Please...just try to be considerate of the people who work for you.. know that they have family and lives as well...it is not hard to do so. And it will make your associates respect and appreciate you more.

Sorry for ranting.. I just had to let that one out. Better here than in front of my staff...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

VIPs don't care about you, they are the 'important' ones. You should fall on your sword if they request it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There is hope that they just don't understand what they do.. as they don't often see what happens at store level. I would like to think that is the case anyways..

But it is hard to think that way when you have a staff member crying because she didn't had to give up time with her fiance that she won't be able to see again for a few months as he will be away..

And now we are having to change the schedule around again to try and find her at least a few hours to spend with him.. is all very stressful when it didn't have to be..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
a reply to: intrptr

There is hope that they just don't understand what they do.. as they don't often see what happens at store level. I would like to think that is the case anyways..

But it is hard to think that way when you have a staff member crying because she didn't had to give up time with her fiance that she won't be able to see again for a few months as he will be away..

And now we are having to change the schedule around again to try and find her at least a few hours to spend with him.. is all very stressful when it didn't have to be..

Thanks,
blend57

Yah I have trouble with insensitive people too. And I was kidding about falling on your sword. Don't volunteer to do that either by complaining. You know your place.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of the place where I used to work. It was tidy and all, but when we had the brass visiting the janitors were told to go all out and wax the crap out of the floors. Quite often the maintenance men would paint.

What hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How do you know that the VP didnt have just as important a situation come up as everyone else that you are white knighting for?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Well, we didn't have to scramble to fix things..just had to move a bunch of people's schedules around. And I'm not really wanting to complain..because maybe something happened in their lives that caused the cancellation.

It just bothers me that I they had to go through all that for nothing is all..to see them give up so much, and then find out they didn't have to...I dunno..it doesn't do much for moral and they'll be hesitant to do it again..which is understandable...

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was the VIP in my last job. Serious question ... It's a learning experience. What did you learn?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57
That's exactly why it used to be said "Punctuality is the politeness of kings".

top topics

join