It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
As an avid enthusiast of all things firearms I have spent a lot of time working with and reviewing Turkish made weapons. Companies like Tisas, Canik55, and Girsan have all produced fantastic firearms over the years and have been imported in limited numbers to the US.

Some of the most notable are the Canik55 TP series pistols which are sold in the US for about $300. Absolutely fantastic weapon and superbly reliable. But I cannot recommend it.

The Turkish government has started a long awaited crackdown on its own people and the amassing of power into one man. Erdogan is an Islamist dictator and therefore any and all weapons and products currently being produced for import by Turkish companies will no longer be recommended, reviewed, used, or even mentioned.

The Turkish government has threatened the United States, made unreasonable demands, and is currently busy purging 10s of thousands of people Erdogan deems "not loyal enough" for his government.

I will also no longer do business with companies like Century Arms or Eagle Imports until they discontinue the importation and sales of Turkish firearms.

The Turkish government, Erdogan himself, has direct ties to ISIS. Buying their oil, allowing free passage of operatives, and even siding with them on the battlefield against the Kurds.

This is the last straw for me.

I may not be able to do anything about the situation in Turkey. But I don't have to help them fund their oppressive tactics by buying from their arms manufacturers.

If you want good alternatives to Turkish firearms, the Slovenian Grand Power pistols are fantastic and are a good budget weapon for anyone from a self-defender to competition shooters. The Philippines have Armscor who make Rock Island Armory 1911s which have garnered a well deserved reputation for reliability and quality.

I'm not asking anyone else follow suit as it is your right to purchase from anyone within the confines of the law. But I will no longer support them, and I don't think my fellow Americans should either.
edit on 19 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the endorsement, can't hardly argue the combination of durability, reliability and price.

Canik 9mm review

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There's no doubt they are great weapons.

But they are Turkish. If you want to support the Islamist government by buying from the weapons company that supplies government forces, go right ahead.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Buy used then.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I refuse.

It's a matter of principle.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I refuse.

It's a matter of principle.

Yah, screw the Turkish government, I agree.

And 'principal' is what enticed me. The money, principally.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately our own governments wont be quite so particular......

Isn't the F-35 still going to them?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But on the other hand, the reviews you may give about Turkish weapons may help someone in Turkey to choose a reliable weapon in case of Coup Two...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Turkish folks know what they have.

new topics

top topics

join