It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take that Islamophobes — Muslim Man Dies Saving Hundreds of Lives by Hugging a Suicide Bomber

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

GWB was a POS. The Elites are who you should be pointing fingers at. Not Christians. I'm not religious for the record but trying to spin 1400 years of Jihad as a Christian problem won't get the conversation going. Geopolitical strategies are secular and have nothing to do with Christianity. When Christians start blowing themselves up, raping kids at the pool, axe attacking on trains or mowing people over with trucks, then we can blame Christians. When Christian nations are divided and openly calling each other apostates and hypocrites, then we can blame Christians. Until then, it's just an empty comparison.

(post by TheBulk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I am not. I'm criticizing an ideology, not people. Why can't you understand this??

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

No I am not. I'm criticizing an ideology, not people. Why can't you understand this??

Because an ideology doesn't make a human act like not a human. At the end of the day, no matter the ideology the same proportions of humans will be good and the same proportions will be bad as the rest of the population. That's how these things work. To pretend differently is just your biases speaking.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Get used to him. He's a known agitator on this site. Doesn't read sources, doesn't consider other's posts, etc. Prides himself on arguing just for the sake of arguing and calls you down in the process.

I agree with you...Sharia is more than just a few extra rules that muslims follow. They feel they're above Western laws, so to say that Sharia and western cultures are compatible only highlights ignorance, or perhaps intentional denial.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Because an ideology doesn't make a human act like not a human. /quote]

Of COURSE it does. What on earth are you talking about? Ideology influences is the biggest influence on human behaviour.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

...from bridging our misconceptions and overcoming these difficulties we experience between our two cultures.

To be fair, Islam and free democratic, secular societies are in no way compatible.

In fact, the cultures of the West are completely opposite to what Islam preaches and wants.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

...from bridging our misconceptions and overcoming these difficulties we experience between our two cultures.

To be fair, Islam and free democratic, secular societies are in no way compatible.

In fact, the cultures of the West are completely opposite to what Islam preaches and wants.

To be fair, yes they are. Do you know how many Muslims live in the United States and have no problems doing so?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

GWB was a POS. The Elites are who you should be pointing fingers at. Not Christians. I'm not religious for the record but trying to spin 1400 years of Jihad as a Christian problem won't get the conversation going.

I am not pointing any fingers at anyone or any group just countering statements you have made.

For someone who claims to know so much about Islam its funny how you use the term Jihad, it seems like something the media does, uses an ignorant understanding of the term and doing so dumbs down anyone that listens to that ignorance.

I now really believe you haven't a clue and use your argument that others dont know Koran as a cover to hide your own ignorance.

Where have you studies Islam, thereligionofpeace web site?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ignorance? I was a lefty apologist until I read the Quran and spent a year researching. Now I'm well informed.

Who ever said they were, Who ever said you said all Muslims are Bad?

That's the continued argument for anyone who criticizes Islam. People think we're criticizing every Muslim. My Nazi analogy is a strong one if you think about it for a few minutes. Should we allow the Nazi ideology to come back because, after all, not all Nazi's are bad people. Right?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ignorance? I was a lefty apologist until I read the Quran and spent a year researching. Now I'm well informed.

That's the continued argument for anyone who criticizes Islam. People think we're criticizing every Muslim. My Nazi analogy is a strong one if you think about it for a few minutes. Should we allow the Nazi ideology to come back because, after all, not all Nazi's are bad people. Right?

Nazism is a political ideology. Islam is a religion. Apples to oranges comparison there.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

To be fair, yes they are. Do you know how many Muslims live in the United States and have no problems doing so?

3.3 million and 30% of those support violence in response to "insulting Mohammad".

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

3.3 million and 30% of those support violence in response to "insulting Mohammad".

So how many Americans support violence for a myriad of reasons? Every day I'm hearing about some new American killing other Americans for some stupid reason. On top of that, of that 30% how many are willing to act on that support in countries with laws against that behavior? What a stupid statistic when presented by itself. If you don't have anything to compare it to it just looks like you are just trying to present propaganda to scare people with.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Jihad is very real, not a buzz word. And I never claimed to know everything about Islam but I know more than most. I've only scratched the surface. And yes, the religion of peace site is one I go to many times but that's not all. I haven't "studied" Islam but I research it. I read what Scholars say and I read online verses and compare to my own copy. I research what Muslims adore the most in Islam and I read what verses they deem as peaceful and uplifting. I don't just read the bad stuff, I read everything.

Did you know? 57% of the Quran is about infidels, 40% is about Muhammad and 3% is about "religion". The Quran is a political ideology with a financial system, a welfare system, a military system and a judicial system. Islam is a government. That's why apostasy is considered treason and is dealt with a punishment.

And you say I'm ignorant.

Gin

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Nazism is a political ideology. Islam is a religion. Apples to oranges comparison there.

It's not just a religion like you say. Islam is a cultural, religious and political system.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

oh boy. Islam is a political government. Please, do some reading. Even to find the stuff you want to believe so you can come back and say see? You are so confused son. Educate yourself. Islam is no more a religion than Communism is.
edit on 19-7-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

oh boy. Islam is a political government. Please, do some reading. Even to find the stuff you want to believe so you can come back and say see? You are so confused son. Educate yourself. Islam is no more a religion than Communism is.

Bull#! Islam is a political government in countries that allow themselves to be ran as theologies. JUST. LIKE. CHRISTIANITY. USED. TO. BE. But in countries that are secular their rules are trumped by the secular laws. EVERY TIME. Don't pretend like this isn't the case. There are millions of Muslims living in the United States RIGHT NOW. Most to all of them have zero problems reconciling their faith with our secular laws. They may apply some additional laws within their own community, but that falls within Freedom of Religion and is no different than Hasidic Jews or the Amish doing the same things.

If we can make all the Christian and Jewish political bull# work within our country, then making Islam work here too is possible. The only resistance is people like you who steadfastly refuse to attempt to work together because of your fears.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

It's not just a religion like you say. Islam is a cultural, religious and political system.

No more so than Christianity.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Its no argument,

You initially said it is Islam that is attacking the west, not Christianity.

Which is why I replied to you asking my question about Muslims living peacefully in the west not being Muslims due to what you stated.

You said Christianity had nothing to do with attacking the middle east in which I pointed out how Christian beliefs of the leaders at the time certainly did indicate to have something to do with it.

Now you are adding nazi ideology to the equation.

I know what your nazi analogy was meant to point out, yet you fail to realize that you have been misinterpreting my stance even though I tried to point it you.

I said its terrorism that is attacking the west, and asked if it was Islam that was attacking the west if the peaceful Muslims living in the west were not real Muslims due your Islam is attacking the west comment.

Do you get it?

Did I say you said all Muslims are bad for to ask me to show where you said that?

Not sure that its so complex that one struggle to follow the conversation.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

There is nothing worse than arguing with someone who isn't willing to be flexible in their thinking. Why do I bother?? Maybe it's futile to have a rational discussion with you but other readers may come away with insight.

Name one secular Islamic country. Turkey? Not any more. That's why they had a coup attempt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join