It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take that Islamophobes — Muslim Man Dies Saving Hundreds of Lives by Hugging a Suicide Bomber

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How myopic of you. You mean to tell me you don't need to know what the tenets of Islam are before engaging in a debate?
At least admit knowledge is power. For example. What is 5:32 about? Do you know anything about verse 5:32? or the Talmud? Probably not, because you haven't researched it. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously if you can't be bothered to research your own claims? Cognitive dissonance much?

I'm saying that the tenants of Islam aren't evidence that Muslims are shifty people deserving of distrust; which is what you are implying with your argument. I have no problem debating the Quran if we are discussing the legitimacy of the text and if it is historically accurate or not. But what YOU are trying to do is interpret the book even though you aren't a member of that religion. What gives you the right to determine what Muslims believe and don't believe? Do Christians listen to every line in their Bible? No. They pick and choose lines too. So why are you pretending like Muslims can't do that too?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

But It's not Christianity attacking the west right now. It's Islam. And it's not Christianity that is told to kill infidels. It's Islam.

Its not Islam but terrorism.

Terrorists are attacking the west, terrorists are trying to divide humanity more so and much like many other powers of the world are doing.

Going by what I quoted above a Muslim that isn't killing a non believer in God is not a Muslim but the terrorists are.

A Muslim living peacefully in any western country isn't a Muslim because Islam is attacking the west?

You have one deranged way of thinking, not sure whats scarier, the deranged terrorists or those that speak against them in the fashion you just have.

You need to read the Quran. Then the biography, then some of the hadiths. Then cross reference everything with what is online and what the Scholars have to say in their divergence. THEN you can talk about Islam like you know something about it. Until then, sorry, you're just sadly uniformed.

says the person that claims Islam is attacking the west

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'll agree with you that no monotheistic religion is peaceful. Goes for Christianity. But It's not Christianity attacking the west right now. It's Islam.

But wasn't it Christians who sparked this whole thing off ?
The formation of Daesh can be traced back to the invasion of Iraq and toppling of Saddam , we are reaping what we have sown.

Oh, sorry. No. Not at all. It was GWB and Dick Cheney who sparked things off. And it was the George Soro's of the world and the "globalist" ideology that got this going. Not the Pope. Christians had nothing to do with it

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Matters less he was "Muslim" than a man who saw the right thing to do in the moment, and did it.

Like when a grenade lands at the feet of a group of soldiers and one of them falls on it, who cares what religion he practices?

It will be a game changer too when a Muslim does this to protect a group of Christians, Yazidis, Sufi's, Bahá'í, Jews or prevents an honor killing. Good first step.
edit on 19-7-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Suicide bombing began shortly after the invention of dynamite.

In the Middle East, it traces back to at least October 23rd, 1983.
That predates George W. Bush.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Muslims do cherry pick. I never said they don't. The drinking, gay, Westernized Muslims cherry pick and they are Kafirs and hypocrites as per the Quran. If you read it, then you would know this. As for ISIS, they are just as much Muslim as your neighbors. Are they not?

Also, the tenets (not tenants) of the book will give you INSIGHT into their political ideology. It will help you understand the 5 w's of what is going on in their heads. It's the ideology you need to understand. Not the people. Try not to confuse the two.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Christians had nothing to do with it

I disagree.

Those close to Mr Bush say that day he discovered his life's mission.
He became convinced that God was calling him to engage the forces of evil in battle, and this one time baseball-team owner from Texas did not shrink from the task.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Tony Blair viewed his decision to go to war in Iraq and Kosovo as part of a "Christian battle", according to one of his closest political allies.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Christian fundamentalists had everything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

Muslims do cherry pick. I never said they don't. The drinking, gay, Westernized Muslims cherry pick and they are Kafirs and hypocrites as per the Quran. If you read it, then you would know this. As for ISIS, they are just as much Muslim as your neighbors. Are they not?

They are just as much Muslims as the WBC are Christians.

Also, the tenets (not tenants) of the book will give you INSIGHT into their political ideology. It will help you understand the 5 w's of what is going on in their heads. It's the ideology you need to understand. Not the people. Try not to confuse the two.

Grammar police aside. You are so wrong it is not even funny. Try getting to know a few Muslims and you will find out how ignorant you are being. I don't need to know the intimate details of their political ideologies to know that Muslims can be compatible with the west and that most ARE compatible with the west. The only people who don't believe this are the haters who are looking for reasons to hate them.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Not the Pope

The Pope is the head of the Catholic sect of Christianity

Christians had nothing to do with it

So Bush was talking about A God of something else not the Christians when he said God told him to attack Iraq?

Both Christianity and Islam are used as tools by those that want death and destruction to plague humanity for purposes of control and power over others.

And it was the George Soro's of the world and the "globalist" ideology that got this going.

So why cant it still be influenced this globalist ideology you speak of, is Islam somehow immune to be used by those with a hidden agenda?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Show me where I've said Muslims in the west aren't Muslims.

I know where all the confusion is for the apologists. None of you have read the Quran and are trying to equivocate the actions of a few good people to be what is written in the Quran.

Here's food for thought. Not all ww2 Nazis were bad people.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Actually what's really going on is that you are pretending you can know how people will behave based on reading a book.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The guy was blown up by a Muslim! How does this refute "islamophobia"?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You definitely have your head in the sand on this one.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They are just as much Muslims as the WBC are Christians.

And that's like what, 10 people?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

You definitely have your head in the sand on this one.

Great come back. No substance. Just a childish cliche. You're gonna go far with arguing prowess like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Grammar police aside. You are so wrong it is not even funny. Try getting to know a few Muslims and you will find out how ignorant you are being. I don't need to know the intimate details of their political ideologies to know that Muslims can be compatible with the west and that most ARE compatible with the west. The only people who don't believe this are the haters who are looking for reasons to hate them.

Not many are.

www.americanthinker.com...

A majority (51 percent) of Muslims surveyed said they "should have the choice of being governed according to shariah." Almost 30 percent of American Muslims believe it is legitimate to use violence "against those that insult the prophet Muhammad, the Qur'an, or Islamic faith."

EDIT: What's 30% of 3.3 Million?

edit on 19-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so you have the magical powers to look at a group of say 100 Muslims and detect the three radicals among them by sight alone? Wow, you really are amazing.

No I'm saying that no one does. Just like you can't look at a group of black people and pick out the three that are going to rob a liquor store or at a group of Mexicans and pick out the murderers.

Which is exactly why I thought it might be a good idea for the members of the small groups who weren't radicalized to point out the ones that are. But then you aren't looking for a solution, just an argument, as usual.

Keep poking that fire sunshine.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Being governed by Sharia doesn't mean they are incompatible with the west. It just means they are willing to subject themselves to additional religious laws within their communities. Plenty of fundamental Jewish and Christian sects do this too. Don't pretend like Sharia is something unique in this regard.

This is the second time you tried to falsely equate Sharia to terrorism.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you'd bother to look, this is already done. But then you aren't looking for perspective, just to shout your biases, as usual.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Show me where I've said Muslims in the west aren't Muslims.

Did I claim you did?

I asked you based on what I quoted in my post which you clearly said Islam is attacking the west.

I know where all the confusion is for the apologists. None of you have read the Quran and are trying to equivocate the actions of a few good people to be what is written in the Quran.

What apologists?

You can assume and keep using that argument all you like, it matters for nothing and makes one think your projecting your own ignorance or biased understanding, The Koran isn't being debated here.

Here's food for thought. Not all ww2 Nazis were bad people.

Who ever said they were, Who ever said you said all Muslims are Bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join