It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did trump Get to Use Queen's 'We are the Champions'?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Maybe Queen will let Hilary use Fat Bottomed Girls at the DNC?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow...talk about scraping the bottle of the barrel trying to smear someone...and yet missing too!

It's been shown that Queen doesn't have to be consulted to pay for the use of the song....nor are all private transactions publicly available.

I used to have a lot of respect for the opinions of some on here.......not so much anymore

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

maybe you should re-read the lyrics

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Brian's turn.

hahahaha....Brian had his turn (8/06/2016)...your turn

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

maybe you should re-read the lyrics

What adversities has Trump ever overcome?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Actually, it is very telling that he has no respect for an artist's wishes, and we will see how calmly he takes the criticism

Like Clinton was very respectful of the Benghazi victims - then again what's a few deaths compared to the huge crime of alleged non-payment of royalties for a song

Again as explained...here maybe this will make it easier....

www.vulture.com...#

Shortly after his appearance the band’s deceased frontman Freddie Mercury, under the incorrect spelling “Freddy Mercury,” began trending on Twitter. Many users believed that the British vocalist, who was gay, would not have approved of the use of his song for Republican purposes. Read several of the responses below.

Follow Chris Cillizza ✔ @TheFix My guess is that Freddie Mercury would not likely have been a Trump supporter 10:23 AM - 19 Jul 2016 220 220

igorvolsky ✔ @igorvolsky Trump comes out to Freddie Mercury, who the GOP platform would send to ex-gay therapy. 10:24 AM - 19 Jul 2016 2,375 2,375 Retweets 2,832 2,832 likes Follow

Melania Trump @SaraJBenincasa Donald Trump appeared in a dry ice silhouette while Freddie Mercury played because he loves queer immigrant men oh wait nope 11:15 AM - 19 Jul 2016 34 34 Retweets 93 93 likes Follow

Chris Meloni ✔ @Chris_Meloni The sound u hear is Freddie Mercury rolling over in his grave

Bad bad boy Trump...do you feel better now?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

adversities has Trump ever overcome?

He had creditors chasing him, bankruptcy....

www.mediaite.com...

It’s not been easy for me,” Trump continued. “It has not been easy for me, and, you know, I started off in Brooklyn my father gave me a small loan of $1 million. I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back and pay him back with interest.”

Then again the Clintons have been amassing it since Whitewater, then theres the profits from the Afghanistan drug pipeline

www.geopoliticalmonitor.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No. You need only the publisher-distributor to collect copyright fees on behalf of the group.

Remember...the Beatles didn't own the music they wrote and for a longtime, Paul McCartney....tried to buy them back from the Beatles song catalog owner: MichaelJackson who wwouldn't sell them back to Paul.

For a longtime Paul had to pay royalties to record his own songs in concert on livealbums/DVDs.

So its up to the owner...whoever owns rights.

MS
ASCAP/BMI/Universal
Copyrighted Songwriter
edit on 19-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

The song is copywrited. They cannot use it without permission of whomever holds the copywrite.. Using the music for a campaign is not the same as sitting with your friends playing queen on your IPad.

Two months ago the Rolling Stones told trump to stop using Start Me Up at his rallies. Mick Jagger himself made the request.
edit on 7192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
He should have used Maddonas "Like a Virgin" instead.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... y-stop-him/

Rollling STones does not approve, Adele and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler have both demanded Trump stop using their music as well
edit on 19-7-2016 by veracity because: added to

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah it kinda does.

No, it really doesn't.

Are you really looking to start yes he is no he isn't argument?

Commercial use of music requires permission from the copy write holder.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Someone does own it though. Someone owns that song and that someone needs to grant permission to use the song.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I thought it was about a musician who had struggled but finally made it.
I've taken my bows, my curtain call
You've brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it.
I thank you all....
But it's been no bed of roses.....

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

These musicians "sell out" to major labels and no longer have control over their songs.

The labels just want to make money so they are just fine letting Trump use the music.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Trump is superfluous but I digress.
The thread title asks a question.

My comment about copywrited material is not only relevant but actually the only answer there is. He can't use the music without permission.

But today he has plagiarism issues to deal with . Tomorrow he can deal with copywrite infringement.
And the beat goes on.
The beat goes on....

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm a woman.
Thanks for the support .

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Stay on target.
Plenty of threads about the other side.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i`m going to guess and say that he used limited parts of the song under the "fair use" clause of the copyright laws.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi Relda, I noticed it too, and wondered about it. I don't know but I think it could be a problem if copyright owners want to push it.

Queen founding member Brian May had criticized Trump recently in an open letter for using their song.

“I can confirm that permission to use the track was neither sought nor given,” he wrote. “Regardless of our views on Mr Trump’s platform, it has always been against our policy to allow Queen music to be used as a political campaigning tool.”

variety.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join