It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I am guessing Michelle wrote most of her speech and all of Melania's was written for her.

By Michelle apparently!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Right because trump didn't get his family by being with several different women. Wife 1 & wife 2 at the same time.
I remember the stories in the papers.

Now back to the thread topic
Did Melania lie to the journalists ?
Did she write a speech almost exactly word for word to one Michelle gave?
Did speech writers plagiarize Michelle's speech?
If speech writers wrote this or copied it then Melania is a liar.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Snarl

Where is her country?

So odd that so few people get the reference Snarl is making. He is referring to Michelle Obama saying "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country "

Many took it to mean she wasn't proud of the country until we elected a black man for President.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: olaru12

If I plagiarized something so blatantly in school, I would get a failing grade. Now the Trump campaign will have to explain yet another embarrassment.

I don't think it's plagiarism at all.

I think Obama and Trump both hired the same idiot speech writer for their wives... which means both boys have access to the same people.

Ergo, they're both a member of the Big Boys' Club of America.

I hope that Black Lives Masters read this forum. They think that even Obama is being "snowed" by the Big Boys Club of America.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: reldra

Somehow that really doesn't fly an excuse.

One would think that she rehearsed it, that as they prepped her for the speech, they may have even shown her past speeches or at the very least they themselves might have researched reviewed them. That's what people good at their jobs would do. But, hey, if they were short-sighted to as only look at speeches from one side, too bad for them now, eh?

But hey, maybe it was sabotage, and the person who loads the teleprompter, a secret leftist, loaded the wrong speech.

I think they prepped her for the speech, but my opinion is that she had no idea that it was copied from a 2008 speech done by someone else. The wikipedia says this "Trump herself had stated prior to giving the speech that she had "only read over it once" and had "wrote it with as little help as possible".[39]" What as little help as possible is probably the little help she gets getting her nails done.

Either she copied or the speechwriter copied. I am not thinking she wrote it.

wiki, last part has speech information

I do not think sabotage.
edit on 19-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I do not think sabotage.

But it's only a provocative thought within the context of a Donald Trump campaign. He has said himself that he wants to be elected President but not sure he wants to actually be President. Being the nominee is close but no cigar. Maybe that's good enough for him? So much bungling since the primary ended and this with her speech is just so jaw-dropping.
edit on 7/19/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
These similarities probably result from the most recent wave of Mandella distortions that crossed our timeline. But as Hillary would bellow, "What difference does it make at this point?!?!"

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Someone on the trump team is getting fired tonight. I can practically hear him saying it. How odd.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is just another example of Trumps terrible staffing. He seems to have surrounded himself with idiots who screw up even simple things all the time.

Trump must be like: Hey team how about we try not retweeting things from Neo Nazi forums like whe have 5... oops I mean 6 times, Hey team I am getting killed on all those sites that do fact checks on speeches maybe some of you should start looking some of this stuff up so I do not keep saying untrue things over and over, Hey team I seem to have a problem with minorities and women maybe somebody should remind not to say anything offensive to those groups before I speak, He team maybe we should think about doing some fund raising, Hey team why do we have staff on the ground in the wrong states, hey team why is out staff 1/4 the size of Clintons but, our Hotel budget twice as high, hey team maybe we could not plagiarize the peaches for the convention.

It is one screw up after another. Can you imagine these people trying to run the country? You would think that at some point with the never ending screw ups Trump might want to clean house. Try being a leader a little bit.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yeah. (The sabotage part was part sarcasm and part offering them an excuse.
)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I do not think sabotage.

But it's only a provocative thought within the context of a Donald Trump campaign. He has said himself that he wants to be elected President but not sure he wants to actually be President. Being the nominee is close but no cigar. Maybe that's good enough for him? So much bungling since the primary ended and this with her speech is just so jaw-dropping.

It has crossed my mind, many times. I starred both you and Lucidity. It is actually something I hope for. Well, I would also hope if he was pulling a fast one we weren't just left with Hillary, but I will take her over him.

I think it, but is it a conspiracy theory, whishful thinking? Was it the plan to begin with and he decided to keep going?

I think about these things often.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Yeah we got plenty against trump.

LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You'd think but the statement from the campaign was inconclusive and side-stepping:

"In writing her beautiful speech, Melania's team of writers took notes on her life's inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking."

Jason Miller, Trump senior communications advisor

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

He has said himself that he wants to be elected President but not sure he wants to actually be President.

Yep.

That sounds like Trump.

He wants to be king but he doesn't want the responsibilities of being king.

He just wants his picture taken wearing the crown and holding the sceptre.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So someone stole this speech and gave it to the trump team possibly to embarrass them.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If you listen to the clip where Donald Trump said that he could shoot somebody and people would still vote for him, he sounded FRUSTRATED.

Maybe at this point he's now trying to do things that would get him squashed by Hillary, but without getting him into legal or criminal trouble.

Donald's intentions will become much clearer during his REALLY BIG speech at the end of this week. That's why Donald Trump's voice and body language will be watched and analyzed more than any other candidate in U.S. history.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

O r g a n I z a t I o n

If that team had any this would never have happened.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

She had always loved her country. She explains the statement and I agree with it.

Not how I remember it. My take away was that she was finally able to be proud of 'her' country because a black man had finally been elected POTUS.

I think that was just about everyone's understanding of her tongue-in-cheek remark. After that, she stopped trying to be subtle ... and destroyed every school's lunch menu. LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Fine but this thread is not about papa jo. It's about trump again.

Question:
Do you guys present these stories to deflect or do you think two wrongs make a right?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Irrespective of whether you like Trump or not, he's not the idiot that the media likes to make out. Which leaves me wondering if he didn't do this on purpose.
After all, no Democrat is going to vote for him. The media is giving far more exposure to this speech than it probably deserves.
Some folks say there's no such thing as bad publicity...

From reading the interviews from the 'ghost writer' for 'The Art of The Deal' and the long. long saga of his mafia ties, to his own detriment in keeping his gaming license, I found him to be more of an idiot than I thought him to be to begin with. And that was already...a big idiot.

But, he still may be doing this only for the publicity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join