It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Bwahahahaha !

Ummm... oops ?

Looks like the speech writer got himself a two-fer.

... and they say Trump isn't a member of the big boys' club. Pfft.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If I plagiarized something so blatantly in school, I would get a failing grade. Now the Trump campaign will have to explain yet another embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Whenever I've been involved in the hiring process, I've never asked or cared about what a spouse had to say about a prospective employee.

We're not hiring either, but it is apparent that Melania's speech was taken from michelle's. And in this case, also, Trump is using his large family as main speakers.

Maybe if Billy was doing things with his wife instead of with "others"... Hillary would have a large family too.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If I plagiarized something so blatantly in school, I would get a failing grade. Now the Trump campaign will have to explain yet another embarrassment.

I'll revisit this post in two weeks and see if you're right. If so, I will acknowledge that.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Plagiarism? Seriously? Of all the legitimate angles to go after Trump you want to spend energy on plagiarism? An accusation against the Mrs no less?

I would NEVER vote for Hillary and will likely vote for Trump and I am sincerely open to a third party vote just to make a point but plagiarism at a convention by a wife? Seriously?

If that's the best you (you all not specifically you) then call it now for Trump.

Uh… did you read (listen to) the two speeches side by side? Yes, plagiarism. Most definitely plagiarism. And I'm actually not even blaming Trump (or the Mrs.), I'm blaming the speech writer. Although ultimately if you follow the conservative thought-line when it comes to democrats, the blame flows to the top.

That isn't the best anyone has against Trump (in any sense of the word), it's just the subject of this particular thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't think it's plagiarism at all.

I think Obama and Trump both hired the same idiot speech writer for their wives... which means both boys have access to the same people.

Ergo, they're both a member of the Big Boys' Club of America.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Work hard, word is bond, treat people fairly...

...otherwise known as western values espoused by millions throughout history.

One major difference being Donald and Melania have a provable history of working hard for everything they earned as opposed to Mooch and Barry who never worked hard at an honest job in their lives.

And Obama's word is his bond? Don't get me started...
edit on 19-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Whenever I've been involved in the hiring process, I've never asked or cared about what a spouse had to say about a prospective employee.

We're not hiring either, but it is apparent that Melania's speech was taken from michelle's. And in this case, also, Trump is using his large family as main speakers.

Maybe if Billy was doing things with his wife instead of with "others"... Hillary would have a large family too.

I am getting the idea neither wanted a large family. For any number of reasons.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm not a Trump supporter but I do feel bad for her because, let's face it, no one thinks she wrote it. Whoever did needs to step up immediately and throw themselves on their sword. I mean, it's BAD. And it's not just that it's plagiarized but it's also who was plagiarized, someone so controversial to the right as Michelle Obama.

This extreme foul is simply an indicator of how a Trump presidency will be - a fraud. Indeed, the entire day is a reflection...light-weight, inauthentic, bumbling and drama-filled. It's really worrisome.

I honestly feel a bit ill, just soooo tired of the endless drama of the last ten days, this and the myriad of other events. It's just too much. I mean I knew drama would be coming out of Cleveland, there was just no way around it. I just didn't think it would be so backwards, amateurish and cricket-inducing.
Between this, some of the other speakers' comments and the procedural hanky panky.

edit on 7/19/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: olaru12

I don't think it's plagiarism at all.

I think Obama and Trump both hired the same idiot speech writer for their wives... which means both boys have access to the same people.

Ergo, they're both a member of the Big Boys' Club of America.

But they don;t have the same speech writer, that is the thing.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I have never blamed or thought bad of Melania. I see where she finds herself. I imagine she wanted to marry a wealthy man. She may be deelply in love with him, as well. But I do not think she was prepared for or expected this.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow, Trump needs to take that speech writer to a donkey barbecue.

I can't believe that wasn't caught prior to the event.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh okay. I didn't know that.

I just assumed they must have hired the same speech writer and the person wrote one speech, made a photocopy, handed one to Obama, handed one to Trump...

... and then went merrily skipping down the street laughing their ass off all the way to the bank.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: reldra

Oh okay. I didn't know that.

I just assumed they must have hired the same speech writer and the person wrote one speech, made a photocopy, handed one to Obama, handed one to Trump...

... and then went merrily skipping down the street laughing their ass off all the way to the bank.

LOL, that is not unreasonable to think, but I don't want to just assume you thought that.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Really?

Biden plagiarized an entire article in school, not just a couple sentences. He turned out alright.

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., fighting to salvage his Presidential campaign, today acknowledged ''a mistake'' in his youth, when he plagiarized a law review article for a paper he wrote in his first year at law school.

Mr. Biden insisted, however, that he had done nothing ''malevolent,'' that he had simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully. And he asserted that another controversy, concerning recent reports of his using material from others' speeches without attribution, was ''much ado about nothing.''

yup

Maybe he had a crystal ball and knew it'd be good to follow in the future footsteps of another plagiarizer, Obama.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

LOL , so you went all the way back to school...and the 2 situations are not compareable.

Politicians often use the words of famous people. They quote MLK, George Washington. They might accidenally echo the same ideas of others. It is not the same.

edit on 19-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That line spoke absolute VOLUMES...told me everything I needed to know about her. What an embarrassment. 👎

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Whenever I see Melania, all I can think of is how much she looks like Cersei Lannister.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You're not doing them or the GOP any favors by trying to justify this. It's bad and needs to be reconciled in a decisive way. But, alas, it will most likely result in Trump doubling down and getting nasty as well as more bumbling by his organization because, if the pressure was on before...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … "

Is that what she said??

She did say that CNN

She had always loved her country. She explains the statement and I agree with it. People turned it into a hashtag and a meme without context.

edit on 19-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join