It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
To put it bluntly, they're the same thing. Some of it uses the exact same wording and yet the typical partisan folks praised Melania as if they were actually focused on her words. Hahahaha. Well done.

www.politico.com...

"From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect," Melania Trump said in her speech. "They taught and showed me morals in their daily life. That is the lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

Michelle Obama's speech contained largely the same sentiment and arrangement of words.

"... Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them," Obama said, according to a transcript. "And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

Read more: www.politico.com...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

edit on 19-7-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: Added quotes from speech

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Whenever I've been involved in the hiring process, I've never asked or cared about what a spouse had to say about a prospective employee.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here it is

Side by side

Wow...

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … "

Is that what she said??

+21 more 
link   
In truth I suppose it's not really her fault.

It's the tactless & highly unprofessional speech writer that Trump has (whoever that may be... I'm sure it wasn't Melania despite her claiming that she wrote most of it).

It's straight up plagiarism. There's no way around this. And I'll be surprised if they admit it.
The farce continues.

And she'll likely get a pass from supporters, unlike Michelle Obama (who actually said it first).

link   

originally posted by: muse7
Here it is

Side by side

Wow...

Does that mean Obama bad and Trump good?
Or Obama good and Trump bad?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … "

Is that what she said??

Don't care what spouses say in general... but I remember that... and that is a very legitimate point or at least question to raise.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Right...because electing a president and you interviewing someone are very similar.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
To put it bluntly, they're the same thing. Some of it uses the exact same wording and yet the typical partisan folks praised Melania as if they were actually focused on her words. Hahahaha. Well done.

www.politico.com...

Yep..and,

I am guessing Michelle wrote most of her speech and all of Melania's was written for her.
edit on 18-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
It means republicans are just going to recycle good ideas of the past and pass them off as their own. Ever wonder just how conservative trump is and will be as president. I have a feeling that the democratic handlers that handled Obama's historic election in 2008 are running trumps candidacy in 2016.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Here it is

Side by side

Wow...

you're on ATS, you should already know that answer.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Here it is

Side by side

Wow...

you're on ATS, you should already know that answer.

75% of the time, or more, the comments are 'Obama bad'.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I am guessing Michelle wrote most of her speech and all of Melania's was written for her.

You don't think she's capable of her own plagiarism?

Is that something against immigrants or what?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Whenever I've been involved in the hiring process, I've never asked or cared about what a spouse had to say about a prospective employee.

We're not hiring either, but it is apparent that Melania's speech was taken from michelle's. And in this case, also, Trump is using his large family as main speakers.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: reldra

You don't think she's capable of her own plagiarism?

Is that something against immigrants or what?

LOL...that is a conundrum to answer.

You got me

edit on 18-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Plagiarism? Seriously? Of all the legitimate angles to go after Trump you want to spend energy on plagiarism? An accusation against the Mrs no less?

I would NEVER vote for Hillary and will likely vote for Trump and I am sincerely open to a third party vote just to make a point but plagiarism at a convention by a wife? Seriously?

If that's the best you (you all not specifically you) then call it now for Trump.

Side note and totally opinion and to be taken with a mountain of salt: Mrs Trump is a helluva lot more charming than Michelle, with Michelle's constant nagging about racism that she talks about at every commencement address.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a reply to: okrian

Plagiarism? Seriously? Of all the legitimate angles to go after Trump you want to spend energy on plagiarism? An accusation against the Mrs no less?

There have been more ridiculous posts going after either Trump or Clinton. This is pretty mild.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: eluryh22

Right...because electing a president and you interviewing someone are very similar.

It is EXCTLY similar.

In both cases, you want to put the best candidate in place to serve and help all parties involved prosper.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join