It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An avalanche of "news"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is my memory getting rusty, or the last ten days were one big pipe-spill of negative news over the world? US,EU,Turkey. Uh, is it coincidence or...?

Version 1: Covering Ops
Version 2: Preparing the field for a "big pancake"
Version 3: The fear-inducing business is just going on the "next level"

I want to think in my ignorance that all is coincidence, yet in my life experience I see this and similar kinds of words failing to correspond with reality, very often.
edit on 18-7-2016 by GmAndre because: hmm..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GmAndre

They say in life in nothing is coincidence. Nor by chance. Youre not mistaken in your assessment here....*

*Ps: check your mailbox

MS

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Version 3: The fear-inducing business is just going on the "next level"

Number 3. It definitely has to be number 3.

They're conditioning us for the "next step"...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Tension is rising all over the world. It has been for a long time. There wasn't a real recovery from the Great Recession, and the next recession is upon us. Here in the US, low income groups are feeling the pain. Remember a low income American is like a third world millionaire. That's just one problem-causer.

The US and Russia look like they want to reenact all their previous wars: a new Cold War, a few more proxy wars, maybe they'll try to start WW3 again, who knows? It's hard to tell how far that will go before everyone realizes how monumentally stupid it is. All our world leaders were alive during the Cold War, right? I don't remember it being any fun, and we won it (or just out waited them).

Europe has been a financial mess for a while now, and they have had a lot of other countries' problems spill over onto them, from multiple directions. Countries have been threatening to jump ship since the Greek financial crisis, and now Britain voted to leave the EU. Whether or not it was a good idea is beside the point. If the British were doing even "tolerably well" they would have voted to stay, so I wonder what's been going on over there. (No jobs? Too much immigration? Ridiculous inflation? I honestly don't know).

China just had an economic crisis a year ago, they may be rethinking a lot of their previous plans going forward.

So yeah, there's a lot going on this month. It definitely seems like there's a new crisis every time you turn on the news. Bear in mind all these crises today are occurring on top of all these systemic problems no one bothered to solve, amidst all these rising tensions as the whole world still feels poorer but can't figure out why. The hardest part now is trying to figure out what bad news is isolated incidents and what is symptoms of bigger problems.

So I guess what I'm really saying is there are very legitimate reasons to be afraid.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

So I guess what I'm really saying is there are very legitimate reasons to be afraid.

Why be afraid?

Fear does no one any good.

Prepare, even if it is reading a book on how to do things.

That will take you further then living in fear ever will.

Those who become frozen with fear, will die from it.

Yes, things are ramping up, and chaos (or orchestrated events) are happening faster and sooner then they used to, things are heating up all over the place, and all anyone can do is watch and prepare for the worst, while hoping for the best.

It will come to a head, sooner or later. Better to have your wits about you, and some knowledge packed into the brain, and maybe even some tools available, that'll do you much, much better then sitting there chewing on your fingernails in fear, waiting for Uncle Sam (or whom ever) to come save your butt. (hint: there will be no one coming to help when it all falls apart.)

It's not to late to learn, or start gathering some necessary items, etc. Every little bit helps.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Pretty sure hyper-focusing on what the MSM is feeding us gives you a skewed perspective.

It's on us to find ALL the news, good and bad.
Bad things have always happened and will, also good things are happening but just go unreported.

Here in my little corner of the world the sun is shining, last night my fireflies put on a impressive light show, despite having a crappy job my bills are paid and if I do some digging in my freezer I think I can make a healthy dinner.

If I go strictly by all the headlines in ATS's New section I would be depressed and give up all hope.
ROFL!!!

Hundreds of thousands of people are living decent worthwhile lives and we forget that by tuning into MSM constantly.

new topics

top topics

join