It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammoth blade-wielding ‘God of War’ statue unveiled in China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
What muscles ? China may talk the talk , but they cant walk the walk . They gotta get out of the crawling stage first.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu (a chinese guy), has been read by damn near every military leader on the planet and is still used as a reference book to this day.

What muscles ? China may talk the talk , but they cant walk the walk . They gotta get out of the crawling stage first.

There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” ~ Lao Tzu (another chinese guy)

Me thinks you underestimate the warrior philosophies and skillsets of the chinese people... they've had 3000+ years to perfect it down to a science.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ~ Sun Tzu

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You didnt agree then, it was a very big statue? You keep mentioning war, and although yes it is called 'the god of war statue' the op was more about the creative beauty and awe along with the massive. Artwork at it's finest.

I added the muscle flexing because of what's playing out right now in the media, and found it fitting as i mentioned on the other page, as to it's name.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
all political ideas aside...this statue is awesome!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It is a great work of art and looks very powerful, .... As long as it keeps its pants on....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

And.. that made laugh

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu (a chinese guy), has been read by damn near every military leader on the planet and is still used as a reference book to this day.

Have you ? I have. Also, Rommel's books on armored warfare are a lot more popular in military circles.

There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” ~ Lao Tzu (another chinese guy)

Me thinks you underestimate the warrior philosophies and skillsets of the chinese people... they've had 3000+ years to perfect it down to a science.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ~ Sun Tzu

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10 Im Glad

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Bad. Ass.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wow that looks fabulous. It reminds me of the Vasco de Gama discoveries statue on the shore in Lisbon, Portugal, which is about 52m high.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I need this on my front lawn because of reasons.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Now why did I think the uncovered a really old statue where the God of war was fighting a mammoth?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been touched on BUT. Guan Yu was a general early in Chinese history. For some now he is revered as a diety but in no way is he a "God Of War" ina reply to: awareness10

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Thank you for that. There isn't much I know about Chinese generals bar the more well known Sun Tzu.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Yes, Thankyou. That was the title of the article so.. I believe he was called 'The God of War' sometime later but not officially.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Honestly I think it's quite beautiful!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's cool and all but really? "Glued strips of bronze"? How long is that thing going to last?

My money would be on Lady Liberty in a fight. Isn't she welded?

And it doesn't say if you can walk up inside it either?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I came here expecting a giant Kratos statue.

I am disappoint.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Wow very striking..

www.facebook.com... ( Photos )

twitter.com... ( some construction Pics )

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
a reply to: Junkheap

Wow very striking..

www.facebook.com... ( Photos )

twitter.com... ( some construction Pics )

Hey thanks for embedding these.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join