It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a Regents Bachelor Degree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My director came to me last week and told me that I need to go and get a Bachelor's Degree because he was working on his 3 year retirement plan and he would like to move me into management. I currently have 2 AAS degrees in IT specialties. I asked him what to look into, he said any basic bachelor's would do just to get it! So I thought I would get a management (hopefully in only 2 years) to help with that side of my career. BUT I'm having a hard time finding everything I need online where almost every university has it's Regent online. Has anyone done that? Does it work out cheaper or faster than a traditional Bachelor's Degree?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I am just trying to figure out what option would be the best for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Go for it! You can do it Martin75. You need to run that whole place.👍

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Go to a local university's career counselor and see what they say; they should be able to give you some free advice on how to get started, especially on using prior experience for credits. A combined local and on line degree would save you time and running around.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I suppose it depends on where you live but in my neck of the woods one of the community colleges is a 4 year school and offers a mix of in-person and online classes that are affordable (compared to private institutions). However, in my wife's experience even the online classes aren't exactly "cheap" because they still make you purchase the newest editions of the textbooks.

There are also some affordable city colleges in this area (but again, not sure if that is the same where you are).

I don't want to create thread drift but something in your post reminded me of something I've seen a lot of that troubles me.

Clearly your Director has complete confidence in your abilities, since he wants to bring you into management. It also seems that the act of returning to school is for the sake of returning to school (since he didn't really care WHAT degree you obtained, as long as you obtained one). I think this is one of those things that cause people to spend money on education for the sake of spending money.

I am basing this statement entirely on the single post you used in the OP .... but .... I suspect you have a good head on your shoulders so you won't overspend and will do what you have to do in order to advance and in my opinion, that is a good move.

Best wishes and good luck. Keep climbing that ladder!

Unsolicited motivational quote: The only person that can stop you is you.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

She is in West Virginia.

join