It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have FINALLY solved the issue on how to stay alive during a police encounter!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Or better yet move to a civilized country were police dont shoot for tiny infractions....

It's really sad that in this day and age, with all the information available, gullible fools will believe any narrative that they see on their TV.

The entire US is just like the wild west back in Billy the Kid days. killin fer kicks, spittin backer juice in the saloons, gettin a shot of red eye. Yup, it's just like that.

If you did not have a issue with police using excessive force then why do you have so many riots and police killings?

I really don't like the police killing innocent folks. I'm pretty sure the police aren't in favor of that idea either. (as a whole) in this world there are some bad people. So bad that even though they are aware that killing is bad and against the law, they chose to do it anyway. Those bad men are the ones the police are usually after. On rare occasions, bad men become police men. And they do bad things while representing the police. Other times, poorly trained officers might be involved in something they can't handle professionally. But in all those cases, it's a painfully small minority. The media (who apparently have some space rented in your mind) would like you to believe that all over America, bullets are flying and people are dying. It's just not that way. In the inner city Ghetto, there are gang shootings very often. That violence never seems to make it to your TV sets, just the rare crazy person shooting stuff and people, or the terrorist attack. Now if you judge everything based on just that information, France is a very violent place and you are just as likely to get shot there, as you are in the US. Main point is, don't fall for the hype. On this site, we are supposed to be smarter than that.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: crazyewok

The media loves to sensationalize stories and so people stupidly go and act out on their perceptions.

US police are not trained in Deescalation to the degree of other country's police.

And deescalation is a really valuable skill and can be as powerful as waving a gun in a suspects face.

It not just about lethal force. US police do tend to be more aggressive and physicals than other country's police.

I know the USA thinks its "special" and looking at how other country's do things is heresy, but what works, works.

US Population- 319 million
UK population- 64 million

Maybe you are right. But just to be sure, why don't you send a battalion of your bobbies over here and have them take over the policing of one of our cities. Like perhaps NY City. They can bring their batons and smiles and all will be just super. I am sure the cops in NYC would love to have a few weeks off in the summer to enjoy some family vacations.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
But..... If i don't run away, how can i prove my innocence and show the police who the real culprit is? And how can i justify the use of a montage to get it done in an efficient manner? Those things are expensive!!

So remember kids, only run if you're innocent.

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Or better yet move to a civilized country were police dont shoot for tiny infractions....

It's really sad that in this day and age, with all the information available, gullible fools will believe any narrative that they see on their TV.

The entire US is just like the wild west back in Billy the Kid days. killin fer kicks, spittin backer juice in the saloons, gettin a shot of red eye. Yup, it's just like that.

If you did not have a issue with police using excessive force then why do you have so many riots and police killings?

Because the media has jumped on a comparative handful of incidents and spun them into some rampant epidemic, and folks who can't be bothered to do any fact based research into the subject go on the Internet and pontificate on it as if they're subject matter experts. And people who are even more lazy than that blindly accept what they're being told.

Fine continue to believe there is nothing wrong and police in the USA are prefect.

Meanwhile more US police are going to get killed.

And this is why the discussion fizzles out and goes nowhere: people like you make things up and then tell other people it's what they believe.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can't be arsed to defend myself from things you've made up an attributed to me. It's your fantasy conversation, not mine.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
how much more coorporative can you be while having a stroke in your car and the police protecting and serving. its easy for some, its as simple as a mock drawing in microsoft paint. but for some, its not....

having a stroke while black in your car gets you this.
all he did wrong was be a black male. got his foot run over with his car too.

if you can find an equivalent of this happening to a white male, i'd be damned.

edit on 18-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
You're really funny, O.P. I've seen videos of people shot in the back by police. I have also seen a video where a retarded person was shot and killed by police for not complying with them and another video where a black man was shot and killed by police as he was sitting in his car. This person had a concealed weapon and informed the police officer of it. The police officer requested it, and as he was handing it over, he got shot and killed. These are just three incidents that I can think of off the top of my head.

Which incident was this? Surly not the one who told police in an interview that neither told them about the gun or permit until after he was shot. That one? If so, it is still under investigation.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

The media loves to sensationalize stories and so people stupidly go and act out on their perceptions.

US police are not trained in Deescalation to the degree of other country's police.

And deescalation is a really valuable skill and can be as powerful as waving a gun in a suspects face.

It not just about lethal force. US police do tend to be more aggressive and physicals than other country's police.

I know the USA thinks its "special" and looking at how other country's do things is heresy, but what works, works.

US Population- 319 million
UK population- 64 million

Maybe you are right. But just to be sure, why don't you send a battalion of your bobbies over here and have them take over the policing of one of our cities. Like perhaps NY City. They can bring their batons and smiles and all will be just super. I am sure the cops in NYC would love to have a few weeks off in the summer to enjoy some family vacations.

Actually I think some of our police have been invited over by some of your police departments (may even have been new York) who are wanting to improve.

UK policing wont 100% work in the USA and to try would be bad. And no way should US cops be unarmed. BUT there could be methods and ideas that you could learn from and adopt.

And you laugh but a smile and friendly attitude can go a long way. I have a relative in London met who works in the serious crime unit. He is even one of the few that is firearm trained. And even when busting armed gangs and dealing with some REAL scumbags, a friendly demeanor can actually go a long way. Maybe UK Criminals are smarter? But here its really not worth there while to kill a friendly police officer as they are guaranteed to die in jail.

As for population? That's irrelevant. In fact we are more densely populated and density is a bigger indicator of crime.

EDIT

Actually US cops went to Scotland LINKY.
Things like this are a good ideas and show that there are US police departments willing to improve.
edit on 18-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Oh I know, I was just joking around with you.
But surprising as it may be, there are some people who would actually accuse that.

I figured you were.
And yes I know, they will be here shortly i'd imagine.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Would you please be so kind as to direct us to the post where he (or anyone else) made the empirical statement that "nothing is wrong and police in the USA are **perfect"? I can't seem to find it and your quote does not contain those words either. I'd really like to see that for myself. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I am sure the cops in NYC would love to have a few weeks off in the summer to enjoy some family vacations.

No, no, no, the summer is tourist season. Let them come over and do Vomit Day (St. Patrick's Parade) or they can do Amateur Hour (New Year's). These are the times that try men's hearts.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Would you please be so kind as to direct us to the post where he (or anyone else) made the empirical statement that "nothing is wrong and police in the USA are **perfect"? I can't seem to find it and your quote does not contain those words either. I'd really like to see that for myself. Thanks in advance.

The poster had made repeated statements attributing the current crisis solely on media spin and refuses to admit US police are more aggressive in there policing.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Because the media has jumped on a comparative handful of incidents and spun them into some rampant epidemic, and folks who can't be bothered to do any fact based research into the subject go on the Internet and pontificate on it as if they're subject matter experts. And people who are even more lazy than that blindly accept what they're being told.

Fine continue to believe there is nothing wrong and police in the USA are prefect.

And this is why the discussion fizzles out and goes nowhere: people like you make things up and then tell other people it's what they believe.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can't be arsed to defend myself from things you've made up an attributed to me. It's your fantasy conversation, not mine.

Your the one saying the current problem is only a media issue.

Yes the media are not helping and over hyping it, but were there is smoke there is fire.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Delete.
edit on 18-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes the media are not helping and over hyping it, but were there is smoke there is fire.

Again, not what I said.

Take a third crack at it, you might get it this time.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Theres so much wrong with that video. Cops shoot the tazer into the guys face, pepper spray him in the mouth so he'll choke and cant breath. Then they run over him with his own car.

Im not a cop so i cant say whether their actions of over react, dont think anything through and misappropriation of their weapons in a non violent encounter was regulation but being a person of common sense i can say at the time of the filming neither officers had a lick of common sense between the two of them.

And whats with the pulling if a gun on the guy in the first place? Seriously the first thing the cops did to an unresponsive person whos showing no signs of immenent violence is to threaten to smite him with gunfire for percieved disobedience or lack of respect for their authority.

Whats with "im going to smoke you" when the guy isnt respinding. You really think thats a professional, mature or even possibly legally warrented thing to say. A good lawyer would have field day taking this mans case. Fortunatly for both the victim and especially for the two dumbass cops in that video they managed not to seriously injure them and that the calculated economic damages werent worth a good lawyer taking the case.

People can argue well he was in a car thats potentially a lethal threat to the officers. Guess that logics about as sound as me pulling a gun and threatenibg to murder anybody i see in a car, regardless of their disposition, cause you know, theyre in a car and cars can be lethal to bystanders.

I know plenty of cops that are smarter and better than that mayberry duo in the video that wouldnt confuse the situation due their false biases, mental projections of distorted perceptions and god aweful training and brutalize some innocent person whos having a stroke on the side of the highway. Ive seen the LAPD do a better job.

Then when they realize they acted without any critical thinkibg skills they back peddal and be all nice to the guy.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Again, not what I said.

Take a third crack at it, you might get it this time.

Then if I read it wrong I apologize.

I'm not above admitting when Im wrong

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Like when swedish cops on vacation in nyc to visit a police cinvebtion had to do the polices job for them and turned out to be so damned good and professional the bystanders initially thought they must have been super cops from some elite unit only to find out they were beat cops from another country.

m.youtube.com...

Not all training is equal or good.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
how much more coorporative can you be while having a stroke in your car and the police protecting and serving. its easy for some, its as simple as a mock drawing in microsoft paint. but for some, its not....

having a stroke while black in your car gets you this.
all he did wrong was be a black male. got his foot run over with his car too.

if you can find an equivalent of this happening to a white male, i'd be damned.

Absolutely sickening! The cop went from "Get out of your car or I'm going to smoke you" to "we're going to help you out"...pure incompetence. Here is an instance of a black man complying and getting shot for it after being pulled over for a seat belt violation...

The OP is assuming all cases are as simple as comply and you won't be shot while ignoring the fact that police can be heavy handed, unnecessarily over the top, and extremely aggressive, especially when there is a black male involved...
edit on 18-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: to embed video

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how nutty you sound? Who said the police are perfect? Are you saying American black people are perfect? Meanwhile, more black people going to get killed.

See how that almost sounds like a threat or a justification for the murder of black people. Sheesh........

Unless of course we're talking about the corruption surrounding Hillary Clinton!
edit on 18-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

No I see bad on both sides.

Problem its there not much you can do about the black community is there? Its a variable you cant change. You cant force civilians to change at least not overnight.

The policing methods are a variable you can change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join