It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who was Almost UK PM Says Male Carers are Dangerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

As an employer we’re not, let’s face it, most of us don’t employ men as nannies, most of us don’t. Now you can call that sexist, I call that cautious and very sensible when you look at the stats. Your odds are stacked against you if you employ a man.

It has been revealed that Angela Leadsom, the runner up in the conservative bid to be PM made comments concerning the safety of children when cared for by males. This content came from the same leadership race interview in which she argued she was better suited for leadership than May as she had children.

Honestly these comments make me feel ashamed about the calibre of politicians that we have in this country. As a male who works with vulnerable children I feel disgusted by these remarks which included:

We know paedophiles are attracted to working with children. I’m sorry but they’re the facts.

The fact that she talks about paedophiles trying to pursue children through work is true however her anti-male stance is just what makes less males go into care for genuine, responsible reasons. Today if you're a male in the UK your looked at suspiciously for simply talking to a child on the street, this even extends to helping them up after falling over. With all of this talk of equality that we have these days, it is still thought wrong for a male to have the same level of concern for a child as a woman and males are still thought of as predatory.

Leadsom didn't give statistical evidence and I would like to see some. More and more women are being exposed as abusers and they have always been under less suspicion.

Yet again this will show double standard as if she were a man talking about women she would be out of her job immediately.

Links:
Independant
Metro
UK nursery site

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Sexism. Racism.

No different. Same sad mentality.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is why she's not the leader. Proves the "system£ works.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DodgyDawg

Honestly these comments make me feel ashamed about the calibre of politicians

Trump verse hillary. .........USA make our politicians look like the best a brightest

Foul, cousin!! A yellow card to you. LOL

Far to easy a blow

Still our politicians are there own kind of crazy.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Honestly these comments make me feel ashamed about the calibre of politicians that we have in this country. As a male

My English cousins are so screwed. CrazyEwok may have almost bitten his tongue off while it was in his cheek, but your conservatives are as far to the left as Trump is (in truth) and I want to add in McCain and Romney and Ryan and Boehner.

And what is this thing with May? She's going to intentionally weigh her staff down with females because ... they're the best 'man' for the job? I wish her the same luck I wished 0bama.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

To be fair british politics has always been very central with only slight shifts left or right with very few radical changes.

Its been one of the UK strengths and weaknesses at the same time.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No matter what .. you all have got my best wishes for the future.

Bailing on the EU took big balls, but you folks done good. I'm proud of ya!!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Statistically most child abusers are male, why bitch about it?
I am male and would only employ women to look after my kids...not PC enough for you? I don't care.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Play the odds why not.

I'd rather not watch others brats anyways.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Then why can't men say the same thing about women in the military?

Now you can call that sexist, I call that cautious and very sensible when you look at the stats. Your odds are stacked against you if you employ a man.

Just swap man for woman and consider who you'd want in the foxhole with you or going around knocking on doors in a place like Iraq.

I love women. I also wouldn't want one having my bach in a war zone. I'm cautious....

edit on 16-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Thanks for making me smile Ewok!

Brexit might go okay if people like you can keep us cheerful

edit on 1672016 by DodgyDawg because: Was gonna add reply, made new reply

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Are they though? Back that up with some kind of source one of the few I can find on the topic says:

Of the 2012 child abuse cases, 45.3% of the perpetrators were male and 53.5% were female.
AND
in over 80% of the cases the parent was the perpetrator.

Link

I know these figures are from America, but there is always far more likelihood of abuse at home or from their family than a properly registered male carer even then it may be an almost 50/50 chance within the care sector of whether an abuser is male or female.

Not only this but then you don't realise the difficulty of being a male carer - there is more scrutiny - you are picked up on behaviour far more - one lie can end your career - and normally to be a male carer you must actually show you care and be really good at your job - conversely because of people with your thinking females don't need to be really good at their job to be in care.

I have plenty of knowledge in this field - almost one whole side of my family carers for vulnerable people, one of those being my father who often finds obstacles to his employment due to being male although I and almost all who come to know him would hold him in full confidence when dealing with vulnerable persons.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Then why can't men say the same thing about women in the military?

Now you can call that sexist, I call that cautious and very sensible when you look at the stats. Your odds are stacked against you if you employ a man.

Just swap man for woman and consider who you'd want in the foxhole with you or going around knocking on doors in a place like Iraq.

I love women. I also wouldn't want one having my bach in a war zone. I'm cautious....

I know some right wimpy blokes that would be as much use as a chocolate teapot when things get bad.

I'd rather have some big beefy woman watching my back at those times than some metrosexual blogger type.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think this post specifically refers to sex abuse while your numbers are about general abuse.

Sal

I know these figures are from America, but there is always far more likelihood of abuse at home or from their family than a properly registered male carer even then it may be an almost 50/50 chance within the care sector of whether an abuser is male or female.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would not help a young child that needed
help unless its life was in danger.
I would Not wont to bee seen as a Molester!

Would you take that risk?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm thinking sexual abuse, majority male offenders...for that reason I would employ a female before a male to mind my kids...every time.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Today if you're a male in the UK your looked at suspiciously for simply talking to a child on the street, this even extends to helping them up after falling over. With all of this talk of equality that we have these days, it is still thought wrong for a male to have the same level of concern for a child as a woman and males are still thought of as predatory.

Since when has this been the case ? It's hearsay , and not helpful . One would assume yr not a parent .

As for Leadsome , that necklace she keeps wearing ... could be a sign of her preferences . *acc to the FBI
edit on 17-7-2016 by ZIPMATT because: reference

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
I would not help a young child that needed
help unless its life was in danger.
I would Not wont to bee seen as a Molester!

One word : pathetic

top topics

join