It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know THOSE people!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

LIES!! I am perfect in every single way and I am never one of THOSE people. I also cannot enter churches for my own safety.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Etoile

The whole "Bursting into flames" bit is over rated.

Saves on facial razors though.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I was implying I would get struck by lightning. Again.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It posted twice

edit on 15-7-2016 by Etoile because: My statement was posted twice

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Etoile

Lightning never strikes twice in the same thread, or does it

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Those people who call at 3 in the morning and ask what you are doing.
And then ask if you have any beer.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well, I am trying not to derail your thread but then you keep doing it. /sigh

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You forgot that wonderful person in front of you at the grocery store register who waits until they get the total to START filling out the check!

You can still pay for things by check?

Kidding, but it's pretty rare at a retail establishment.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Those people who write laws but never follow them.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Oh, dear sir, since it would seem the whole world is out to displease you, I kindly suggest that you get into some sort of meditation practice that will lift you to another level far beyond the mundane affronts to your very existence.

...At least, that's what I tell myself when I daily confront similar situations.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Can add a few -

Those people who park their shopping cart behind themselves, blocking the conveyor, and then stand around yakking after paying, so you can't unload a cart and check out.

Those people who exit a big hit movie and talk about all the details, while walking past the lines of people waiting to see the same movie.

Those people that go to a buffet restaurant, use the restroom, and exit without washing their hands.

Those people who scan a few items, stop, use their phone, then walk away and never come back.

Those people that pull into the fast lane right in front of you, then slow down and refuse to pass.

Those people that leave their shopping cart in the empty spaces, instead of parking it in the cart corral literally one space away from them.

Those people that toss cigarette butts out their car windows, treating the world as their ashtray.

Those people that go to a public place and blast their music so loudly no one can even talk.

Those people that sit in a restaurant and talk so loudly you can't have a conversation at the next table.

Kick 'em hard!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Oh, dear sir, since it would seem the whole world is out to displease you, I kindly suggest that you get into some sort of meditation practice that will lift you to another level far beyond the mundane affronts to your very existence.

...At least, that's what I tell myself when I daily confront similar situations.

Namaste

Those people who tell you to take meds when in reality, the stupid people should just disappear.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Come on Slayer, real life people in the flesh with all of their quirks habits and bad manners are refreshing compared to anonymous made up personalities you are forced to interact with each time you open the gates of hell with a browser.

Cheer up.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Naw.

Certainly . . . they can be . . . exasperating at times.

Nevertheless, I CHOOSE . . . sometimes doggedly . . . to FORGIVE them.

Because I NEED forgiveness.

Never met any mortal that was perfect.

Sure, some are more . . . clunky, ignorant, stupid, clutzy, inept, perverse, . . . than others.

And, sooner or later in my 70 years, I've been about everything anyone of those have been . . . at least once. Or, my relatives have. Or, my folks impoverished renters have been. Or, my clients have been.

Don't want any resentments or unforgiveness or cynicism standing between me and Daddy on THAT DAY. I try to stay immediate on my forgiveness . . . and certainly by bedtime. Sometimes it takes more prayer and work than others.

One of my 'things' . . . there's a couple of streets in town . . . One a Y to the right . . . Right lane SHOULD just continue driving. Another left lane with cars turning left going East turning alongside toward the North the right lane from the east . . . and probably 5-15% of the drivers in the right lane will pause right after the turn--as though waiting for those in the left lane to clear--WHEN THEY HAVE A PERFECTLY EMPTY LANE TO DRIVE STRAIGHT AHEAD IN! Sigh.

The 2nd one is merely a right lane for 100-150 feet or so that the leg of the T intersection turns right into. Again, 5-maybe 20% of the cars will turn slightly and wait for the lanes to the left to clear so they can cut across several lanes of traffic rather than just drive ahead in that lane and merge. Sigh.

I've been tempted to get a hand held sign--THAT'S NOT A PARKING LANE!

And, I've been reminded this summer with all the road construction . . . on some main thoroughfares . . . there's the usual MERGE left/right, LANE CLOSED AHEAD signs . . . and . . . as usual . . . some idiot drives either deliberately or cluelessly right up to the last possible 20 feet to expect to be super graciously let back in the moving traffic. Often, I ignore them . They were arrogant enough or clueless enough to ignore the signs, they can just wait. imho. Though I sometimes let harried mothers with kids in. LOL.

But then I remember the stupid driving stunts I've pulled in my 70 years. And I continue forgiving other people for being as human as I have been.

edit on 16/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
THOSE smug Prius drivers who look down on guys who drive pick up trucks, until they need help moving.

THOSE white collar folks who think they're smarter than a blue collar guy. Then get mad when you inform them their hvac system is actually working just fine, they simply failed to replace their dead thermostat batteries. THOSE guys hate paying $120 to a dumb tradesman for a 5 minute service call.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just yesterday, I parked my car in an underground car park and walked to the exit door. As I opened the door, I saw two ladies at least 25 yards away, also heading for the exit door. So I held open the door and waited for them. They just walked through and past me without even a nod, as if I wasn't even there...

I now regret not kicking them in the shins.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The truckers who cut you off by pulling out into the passing lane 200 feet in front of you when they see you coming up quick because they've got a slower truck in front of them. Just so THEY don't have to take their cruise control off...even though you were going 25mph faster than they were (and they know it).

After the 10,000th time it's more than just a kick in the shins!! ...I'm thinking BAZOOKA!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Oh..maybe this?

Those people who sit across from you at the table and stare at you when you eat bacon ..because they have no bacon and look at you with expectant eyes...as though you should share your bacon..then get mad as you stare back at them unfalteringly, while you shove the last piece of bacon in your mouth...yeah, that's right..get your own bacon...

I tried... *shrugs*

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's not just truck drivers who do that.

The ones I that kill me though?

THOSE people who don't drive with cruise so they seem to match you just perfectly to keep you from getting anywhere and as soon as you are out of their line of sight ... they slow down so you try to pass them again, only for them to speed up as soon as you are in their line of sight again ...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The people I hate the most lately is the ones that arrive at a corner while walking, press the pedestrian lights before even checking if the road was crowded to begin with, notice that they can just walk and then others in cars NEED TO WAIT ON THE DAMN PEDESTRIAN LIGHTS AND THE DUDE IS GONE ANYWAY!

Those people need to learn to live in society and stop thinking about only themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join