It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible new mandela effect Haileys or halleys comet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i always remember the comet being called Haileys. i remember emphasis on HAIL, not HAL. am i nuts or does anyone else remember it being HAILEYS?

edit: i am nuts -
edit on 15-7-2016 by nobunaga because: because im nuts

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

No it's always been Halley's comet. Named after Edmund Halley I saw it in '86 but was only 5 so don't actually remember it visually, but I remember my mom taking me to see it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It was always Halley's Comet... and it's always been corrupted by some to Hailey's Comet:

Halley's Comet

My brother told me all kinds of useless information like that when I was a girl. And when it passed our way again -- 80s? 90s? I don't remember now -- I saw it in action, and a couple news broadcasts which explained it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think that's more like when people say Stephen Hawkins

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i think this is the main problem with mandela effect.

alot of times its all in how the word is pronounced not spelled.

the berenstain bears song sounds like they sing berenstein, therefore you remember that
barbra streisand has always been barbra ... but sounds like barbara

i think alot of these madela effects can be written off as poor memory, or your brain engraving the memory falsely. this hailey/halley proves it to me anyways

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It's always been spelled "Halley," and like Victor99 says, it's after Edmund Halley.

That said, when it came by in '85/'86 and I set my alarm early in the morning to see it (but never did...I was 6 years old and afraid to go out front in the dark to look, and I think my house was in the way), I do remember it being pronounced "Hailey's comet," even though it was spelled correctly.

Maybe you're remembering a mispronunciation of the name.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

lets get this straight - in the delusions of your " alternaite reality " - of all the possible variables - a particular commet which was named for the astronomer who first calculated its orbital mechanics - as named not for edmund halley but by ............. hailey - is that the extent of your claim ????

if so - are you surprised that people dont take the alledged mandela effect seriously ?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

lets get this straight - in the delusions of your " alternaite reality " - of all the possible variables - a particular commet which was named for the astronomer

Perfect example of the effect. I remember it as "alternate reality" and "comet" myself. DO do do do.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
mr ape:
i never took mandela effect seriously. but as i was speaking to my 5 year old about comets, as we were peering into the night sky through my telescope. he asked me what a comet was. i spelled out hailey into google, as that is what i remembered it as. i was wrong, it was halleys.
my brain told me hailey because i remember when i was young ( i was 6 when halleys comet last passed ) i remember all my teachers callign it HAILeys.
all the mandela effect is, your brain remembering false memories, but since its your memory, it seems correct.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think you are confused with Baileys comet

Directions

1.Shake and Strain the Butterscotch, Bailey's, and Goldschlager into a cocktail glass.
2.Float the Sambuca, then sprinkle Cinnamon or Nutmeg into drink. (Before you flame the drink).
3.Just before presentation, flame the drink.
4.As the Sambuca burns, the cinnamon will sparkle.

edit on 15-7-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I can't open your memory to discover where you may have picked up the concept that Halley's name was ever posted with an "i" in it, but having read most of the early works from the 1800s on dealing with that comet, I cannot remember a single reference to the name being misspelled.

If you are referring to lay people writing it wrong on posts on the internet--which I've not seen either-- than that is a another situation. But one not really worthy of a credibility theory.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Halley

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

think it was just myself storing the information on my internal CPU incorrectly. its not corrected, edited, and just another show of how sometimes the mandela effect is just a thought or memory that you incorrectly store.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
To be honest I've heard
Hay like Hayley Mills, Hal like Hal Holbrook and hail like hail Caesar

Hale Bop was way better anyway. Visible for a solid month twice in one year. April and again in November.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Oh that's hail like hail Caesar.
edit on 7152016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The funny thing is that its pointless to even discuses Mandela effect..
Since if we really have been living in different timeline you would remember things different then me
And your past timeline is just as real as mine.. so there that.

The one that stands out for me is Tom Hanks in Forest gump..

Remember the line he said... Life is like a box of chocolates ?
Or at least that´s how it was in my former timeline and many others.

Now its "Life WAS like a box of chocolates"
That don´t even make sense

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
i always remember the comet being called Haileys. i remember emphasis on HAIL, not HAL. am i nuts or does anyone else remember it being HAILEYS?

edit: i am nuts -

i agree with your edit.

But don't feel bad, you are in good company here.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The funny thing is that its pointless to even discuses Mandela effect..
Since if we really have been living in different timeline you would remember things different then me
And your past timeline is just as real as mine.. so there that.

The one that stands out for me is Tom Hanks in Forest gump..

Remember the line he said... Life is like a box of chocolates ?
Or at least that´s how it was in my former timeline and many others.

Now its "Life WAS like a box of chocolates"
That don´t even make sense

4:15 and 9:06

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why in all these alternate realities are the objects in question all pronounced almost identically? Why don't we have a million people saying it was called Dixon's Comet in their reality?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That's because a lot of people, and I mean a LOT of people, mispronouced the name, and said "Hailey's", instead of "Halley's", with a soft vowel for the "a". I guess it's possible some mis-typed it as well, as a result.

new topics

top topics

join