It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats’ Plan to Secure Nation Is Less Than Two Pages Long

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Agenda is right. Combating online radicalization, and gun control. At least they finally admitted Orlando was a terrorist attack.

Democrats are also calling for more aggressive steps to combat online radicalization here in the United States. We need to use the best minds in our technology companies to help us more effectively counter this dangerous online threat.”

Wonder what those aggressive steps are?

Democratic lawmakers are also pushing two gun control bills as part of its national security agenda: the “No Fly, No Buy” bill that would prevent individuals on the FBI’s terror watch list from purchasing firearms and the King-Thompson Background Check Bill that would mandate background checks for all commercial gun sales. Similar bills failed in the Senate last month, as Senate Democrats simultaneously voted down Republican proposals to boost funding for the FBI’s criminal background check system and delay gun purchases by individuals suspected of terrorist connections.

For those giving Newt a hard time. HYPOCRITES.

No fly No buy. Denial of Muslims their second amendment rights. Remember now suspicion alone is enough.

Background checks ALREADY exist for commercial sales, and online sales. By law brick and mortar stores are required to perform that check.

Violating over 330 million Americans CIVIL LIBERTIES.

Ah hell people the democrats came up with a whole two pages of absolutely NOTHING.

I know I feel 'safer'.
edit on 15-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So does the "no fly no buy" rule apply to box trucks too?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Agenda is right. Combating online radicalization, and gun control.

Disarming citizens and finding out who the dissidents are. Thats what it has alwaysbeen about. In their future Orwellian Utopia, all the current gun registration precedes confiscation and the round ups of dissenters (guilty of "anti american agitation") are preceded by tracking your online content.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is the silly season...............party operatives playing to their base.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow, politicians write laws that are as thick as a book and people scream for simpler, more brief wording of the law. Politicians write up a two page, bullet-pointed summary of a plan to secure the nation and folks lose their spit. Sheesh, folks; do you like brevity or not? Make up your damn minds.
edit on 15-7-2016 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Are you STILL using that broken crystal ball? Or are you using tarot cards now? Maybe good old Miss Cleo.Remember her?
Perhaps you can tell us something useful with your prophecies. Like where the next terror attack will take place. Oh wait. The future you foresee never comes true. I forgot.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How many pages does one need to write;

Make government bigger
Take away all rights
Surrender

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just breaking.

To combat online radicalization Fox News was just declared a terrorist organization.

Film at 11.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Here is the text:

We live in a time of unprecedented challenges. American families are concerned about their safety from foreign threats, the endurance of their paychecks and careers, and even the strength of their voice in their own democracy. To move our nation forward in uncertain times, we must protect people and restore faith in a democracy that puts people first.
SECURING OUR NATION
SECURING OUR FUTURE
SECURING OUR DEMOCRACY

SECURING OUR NATION:

Our first responsibility is to keep Americans safe. That means a tough and smart national security strategy to combat terrorism at home and abroad and eliminate ISIS.

House Democrats will:
■Combat global terror by working with allies in the Middle East and other countries, partnering with technology companies to combat online radicalization;
■Ensure that our military and the brave men and women who keep us safe have the resources they need to eliminate security threats;

■Increase funding for the FBI to enhance and expand their counterterrorism efforts and our response to threats here at home;
■Keep guns out of the hands of suspected terrorists and criminals with commonsense measures like “No Fly, No Buy” and expanded background checks;
■Expand DHS airport perimeter programs and screening of passengers.
■For an expanded list of priorities, click here.

SECURING OUR FUTURE:

To move the economy forward, we need to create a secure financial future for all Americans so they can buy a home, send their children to college, and save for retirement.

House Democrats will:
■Invest in America by upgrading our roads, bridges, grid, broadband, transit, and water infrastructure to create good-paying jobs, paid for by preventing US corporations from avoiding taxes just by moving their headquarters overseas;
■Create innovative platforms to equip our workers with skills and training they need for the jobs of tomorrow;
■Spur economic growth by reducing the crushing burden of student loan debt for families and addressing the cost of college;
■Make pay equity the law of the land so that women and men get equal pay for equal work by passing the Paycheck Fairness Act;
■Strengthen and expand Social Security for those who have earned their benefits through a lifetime of hard work.
■For an expanded list of priorities, click here.

SECURING OUR DEMOCRACY:

Everyday Americans deserve to know that their diversity of views and voices are being heard in our Democracy. We must level the playing field and restore our government by the people, for the people.

House Democrats will:
■ Stop secret money from buying elections by overturning Citizens United and passing the DISCLOSE Act;
■Level the playing field so the voices of all Americans have an equal chance to be heard by passing the By the People legislative package;
■Protect Americans’ most sacred rights at the ballot box and revitalize our nation’s voting laws by passing the Voting Rights Advancement Act;
■Pass comprehensive immigration reform that secures our borders, brings workers out of the shadows, and keeps families together.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: olbe66

House Democrats will: ■ Stop secret money from buying elections by overturning Citizens United and passing the DISCLOSE Act;

LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

So CU is now NATSEC!.

Absolutely PRICELESS.

For those of us that have READ it.

The principles articulated by the Supreme Court in the case have also been extended to for-profit corporations, labor unions and other associations. [2][3

en.wikipedia.org...

Do you think for one second the Democrats are going to give up their MAIN sources of funding ?

How EXPLAIN to me HOW that is related to 'terrorism'.

Sad joke.
edit on 15-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It could be one paragraph and it would not matter..main stream media just needs to say they have a strategy to combat these issue...no democrat loving voter would dare actually look at the proposal...same can be said for the other side..all they need is just a whiff and they are satisfied..

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No fly No buy. Denial of Muslims their second amendment rights. Remember now suspicion alone is enough.

Congrats! You now have something in common with the Democrats, my anti-2nd amendment friend.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Congrats! You now have something in common with the Democrats, my anti-2nd amendment friend.

Quite an epic failure of reading and comprehension.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Do us a favor, Neo. Stop trying to stand up for the 2nd amendment. You make all of us firearm owners look like nuts.

On topic:

What the Democrats propose seems reasonable, but the No-fly nonsense and the background checks will not pass.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Reasonable eh.

The problem is guess who has been running the country for the last eight years.

Terrorism is bigger, and badder than ever.

And now those same people don't give a ratts rear about constitutional liberties.

As to the personal snip.

Hilarious.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at your OP: Isn't the No-Fly list an arbitrary list full of mistakes and guesswork that would deny someone their second-amendment rights, and aren't background checks already mandatory by federal law for all gun purchases through commercial and online sellers?

The only thing that I can think of logically about the background checks is that they're trying to make them mandatory for private sells/transfers, too--hell, they've been wanting that ever since the Brady Act came into existence in 1993 and didn't apply to people who don't make selling firearms their living (e.g.: Occasional sellers at a gun show, private firearm sales, etc.).

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Wow, politicians write laws that are as thick as a book and people scream for simpler, more brief wording of the law. Politicians write up a two page, bullet-pointed summary of a plan to secure the nation and folks lose their spit. Sheesh, folks; do you like brevity or not? Make up your damn minds.

It's not about brevity, it's about the substance: 100 pages of substance beats 2 pages of nothing any day.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My resume is longer than two pages.
How can you make a law without more details?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Do us a favor, Neo. Stop trying to stand up for the 2nd amendment. You make all of us firearm owners look like nuts.

On topic:

What the Democrats propose seems reasonable, but the No-fly nonsense and the background checks will not pass.

I refuse to support "No Fly, No Buy" until they DRASTICALLY overhaul the process to get placed on that list. There needs to be some serious federal oversight applied to that list before it will be acceptable to deny people's 2nd Amendment right just because they are on the list.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at your OP: Isn't the No-Fly list an arbitrary list full of mistakes and guesswork that would deny someone their second-amendment rights, and aren't background checks already mandatory by federal law for all gun purchases through commercial and online sellers?

Yep! and YEP!

Constitutional INFRINGEMENTS.

Of not only the second, the 9th, and 14th amendments. the others including the 4th,5th,and so on.

Denial of DUE PROCESS, and crimes being proven in courts of law.

Apparently some people like the Democrats think it's rain as rain to hold people ANSWERABLE to an otherwise capital or infamous crime.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I guess "reasonable" is tantamount to an arbitrary list that is created by the government being enough of an indictment/trial/conviction of an individual in order to deny him/her the right to purchase a firearm. Got it.

I don't find that to be reasonable by any stretch of the imagination (or Constitution).

Background checks are already mandatory.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join