It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich Says We Should ‘Test Every Person’ Of Muslim Descent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
For the record what Newt said was stupid.

Just like 'gun control' is stupid.

Maybe the people chastising Newt will see how WRONG it is what they have done, and are still trying to do to gun owners.

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

And what's to stop ISIS from spoofing IP addresses? Make it look like innocent people all over the US are looking at these illegal sites. Then while the FBI and DHS are wasting valuable resources interrogating every one of these people they plan an actual attack. All thanks to this ridiculous law.

link   

edit on 15-7-2016 by neo96 because: fired too many posts at one time

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Please don't waste my time. The topic is not firearms and background checks are not comparable to the persectution of people by religion.

It is the topic.

'TESTING' people is WRONG right ?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It was a while ago that I put this vile excuse of a human being out of my mind. I hate that he is around and talking again.
He makes my skin crawl.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Folks whining and crying last week about no-fly lists now want to put someone who looks at a website in prison.

Irony, thy name is ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: windword

O K, Newt.
And after that, we can test everyone who believes in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Dead men getting up and walking around is not compatible with logical thought.

And the extremist element of people who believe in Jesus Christ are responsible for killing a handful of abortion doctors the last twenty years, while the extremist element of people who believe in Muhammad have been responsible for thousands of deaths in the same period.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Muslims in favor of Sharia law want it for the purpose of self governing within their own community

The U.S. already has laws if people can`t or won`t conform to the laws of the land they need to leave or be put in prison.
Using native american courts as an example is a poor example, I believe native american lands are considered a semi-autonomous nation within the U.S. Native american lands even have their own police force.

if a christian violates the laws they go to prison,example: a christian refuses to take their sick child to a doctor because they think that prayer will cure the child,the child dies,the christian goes to prison.

least you forget the reason for having one set of laws for everyone is so that every is treated equally under the law (unless you are rich of course,then you have your own laws).

If we allow religous groups to make their own laws then it`s only fair that ethnic groups should be allowed to make their own laws.should minorities in the ghettoes be allowed to make their own laws? "to self govern in their own communities"?

The great thing about america is that nobody is being forced to live here, if a persons religious beliefs prevents them from abiding by the laws of the land then they are free to leave and find another place to live,a place whose laws are better suited to their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Folks whining and crying last week about no-fly lists now want to put someone who looks at a website in prison.

Irony, thy name is ATS.

That's rich coming from a supporter of universal background checks, and national registration databases.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Using native american courts as an example is a poor example, I believe native american lands are considered a semi-autonomous nation within the U.S. Native american lands even have their own police force.

Alright fine. Then the Jewish community courts, not to mention how the Catholic Church also deals with criminals within their ranks, mostly, as they see fit.

On another note, perhaps we should to start to force priests who here confessions of crimes to turn in the perpetrators too?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Right Wing fascism is starting to become more and more popular. We need to be careful or we risk starting the persecution of people based on religion.

Enough with the PC garbage, people are dead from it, they won't be enjoying your PC enabled existence any longer.

Every one of these ISIS followers were identified at some point prior to their murderous acts, and PC protected them so that they could carry them out.

A simple act of detainment and deportation to the borders of lands they idolize would have prevented all of it. ISIS may have even killed them for us, they would not have been received without high suspicion and they would not integrate well in the absence of the luxuries of the West lifestyle they sought out and enjoyed.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Irony, thy name is ATS.

Yes, white christian gun owners who vote republican are the only ones that deserve all the freedoms and a smaller governmnt. All the others who don't believe in Jesus, or believe in Jesus but are not white or don't possess at lease one assault rifle should be put on a watchlist.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Small rant here people...I love how everyone on ATS has become little sjw's for anyone whom someone may have an opposing opinion to. Does anyone here really want sharia in the USA?? Even if only implemented in majority Muslim communities?? I and most hard working Americans I talk to absolutely do not and won't consider it even a remote possibility. Cmon people get your heads out of the goddamn sand. Just reading the monotonious comments regarding how we need to be "careful" about persecuting religions. Really? Do we? I'm getting the hint these responses are given some sad confidence, truly sad confidence that if someone tells you otherwise you'll have a plethora of buzz words to throw out to complicate the argument and render your opinion more valid. Read the goddamn Quran and tell me it's even remotely comparable anywhere in the Western Hemisphere and then make your argument. Until then these threads are becoming more and more like high school children banter. End rant

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

And what's wrong with it really?

Why study 'Sharia' Law in a Country that has it's own Rules & Laws? Only reason should be if you were going to go back to an 'Islamic' Country to find a job in the Court Systems & Politics out there.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The irony is, Newt was advocating a sharia-like proposal.

But be careful, Newt didn't say "Muslim descent", that's just the article spinning it for those who conflate religions and races.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

You bring them in for interrogation, and if investigators think everything is okay, then they are out. And this applies to everyone, not just journalists.

Better safe than sorry

Alright; You bring in all these people who, some of which are on the edge of raticalization, are now pissed off. Where a few days ago you had a very few people who would even think of doing some acts, you now have several hundred who begin to plan to do what ever they can think of.
This is about as smart as kicking a hornet's nest.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What does PC have to do with it?

Apparently it is ok to advocate for the targeting of people based on their religion. Guess we forgot about the principles that founded this nation and what protects people from being persecuted.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I must agree because I cannot see Sharia Law working in conjunction with Western (hard fought) laws.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I agree with testing Muslims being rediculous. However if your proven to be associating with Isis or other enemies of the state it doesn't seem out of bounds to consider that treason or sedition.
We aren't talking about he KKK groups that declare war on the us should be able to be grounds for association and aid being treason or sedition.
edit on 15-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: tinymind

O K, Newt.
And after that, we can test everyone who believes in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Dead men getting up and walking around is not compatible with logical thought.

And the extremist element of people who believe in Jesus Christ are responsible for killing a handful of abortion doctors the last twenty years, while the extremist element of people who believe in Muhammad have been responsible for thousands of deaths in the same period.

OK.
Now explain to us all;
What is the difference in DEAD and DEAD?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join