It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader DEMANDS money from white people [SNIP]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
More entitlement culture and racism from BLM...not surprised.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I would never go to a BLM protest. I would go to a MLK protest though. They need to read up on his cause and maybe carry the torch he lit. But carry the torch the way he did. That guy rocked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, MLK would be horrified and outraged by people who identify with BLM. He had issues regulating his own following from internal violence.

Totally agree with you.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: supremecommander

because you're just as bigoted.

Um, no, I just hate ignorant rhetoric.

then you should hate your own rhetoric, because its just as bad.

No sir, no. I'm making a very valid point about BLM and you are refusing to acknowledge it. Yay for you...

(post by Nexttimemaybe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Perhaps when people stop wanting to be victimized they will empower themselves to become something by hard work and no hand me downs.

That is what America has become now, People blame each other for their shortcomings but do not do a darn thing to fix their personal problems, because is better to blame somebody else for it.

This what a nation of an entitlements generation looks like.

edit on 15-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thread is closed for review by staff.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Listen up people!

You have an issue with a thread and/or it's title? You ALERT it....you do NOT go after the ATS member. You alert it and let the staff take care of it.

You have an issue with a post? You ALERT it.....you do NOT go after the poster! You alert it and let the staff take care of it.

We are not on here 24/7. We are few, you all are many. We literally can not read every thread and post here on ATS. It's is actually physically impossible for us to do that. We are also from all sorts of different time zones. We have lives outside of ATS. Because of that:

If you see something that bothers you, upsets you, or you think we need to take a look at: ALERT IT!

You do NOT go after the other member. You do NOT call them names. You do not act out. Doing so will only land you in trouble with us.

Review the following threads:

How To Properly Alert Posts and Threads

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

This thread will be opened back up in a while to give people a chance to cool off and to review the links provided.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ashleigh Shackelford is not speaking on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement, she is sharing her personal bitterness:

Ashleigh Shackelford is a queer, nonbinary Black fat femme writer, artist, and cultural producer. Ashleigh is a contributing writer at Wear Your Voice Magazine and For Harriet. Read more at Facebook.com/AshleighShackelford. Support my emotional and intellectual labor by donating to: PayPal.me/AshleightheLion.

The original article Infowars distorted.

It is safe to assume Ms. Shackelford has issues that go beyond the merely political.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

My advice to ANYONE who wants to get money from "whitie" is to get a job and draw a pay check. I know jobs are scarce; so if you can't find any kind of honest work, make up your own job. I did that when i was a kid so I could have money to finish high school. Back then nothing was free.
There is always someone wanting something done and "odd jobbing" will usually pay more per week than a regular job.

I have much the same attitude about my own meager possessions as Heston did about his gun. "The only way they can get it is to pry it from my cold dead hands".

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

You are not any more in a position to dictate what constitutes "work" than others are to demand money from you for nothing. You are treating what was clearly an emotional tirade on the part of an individual as a statement of the political objective of an entire movement.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand her position.

If they get those things (and that's all they are - things), it won't do anything to change any of the problems. They will temporarily have some stuff, and because they didn't work to earn it, they won't appreciate it most of them. I see that in certain individuals in my family who are not taught how to value the things they have despite being poor.

And if their complaint is that the big, bad world is racist and that's why they don't have stuff ... having stuff handed to them won't change the so-called underlying reasons why they aren't able to attain stuff. What happens when the stuff they are handed is gone? They will then be back at square one and unable to obtain stuff again.

These demands just reflect how poorly these people have been taught to think. They just want things and don't really seem to have thought about why.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: tinymind

You are not any more in a position to dictate what constitutes "work" than others are to demand money from you for nothing. You are treating what was clearly an emotional tirade on the part of an individual as a statement of the political objective of an entire movement.

But BLM do in fact exclude white people from some meetings. They have also spoken out against facilities that have banned black only meetings. The exclusion of whites goes far beyond this individuals statements. Struggling to understand how that is not racist.
edit on 15/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

These demands just reflect how poorly these people have been taught to think. They just want things and don't really seem to have thought about why.

Saying that the heated opinion of a single individual reflects on "these people" is like saying that one of Donald Trump's brain farts reflects poorly on how white people think.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Saying that the heated opinion of a single individual reflects on "these people" is like saying that one of Donald Trump's brain farts reflects poorly on how white people think.

I was wondering when Donald Trump would be brought into it

link   
a reply to: DJW001

As soon as BLM "won" at Mizzou, they set up minority only safe spaces for students and cast out the white students, even the ones who had marched and protested with them the entire way.

They can get very exclusionary, but at the same time, they are also very hostile to those whites who do not support them. Just take a look at their campus work.

link   
You can't reason with people like this. This is eventually what all BLM will believe and expect.

I don't see a positive outcome possible from anything BLM related.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm reflecting on Ashleigh's world and thinking.

My remarks should have made that clear. She clearly isn't thinking at all about what she wants if all she can think to do is demand stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

But BLM do in fact exclude white people from some meetings*.

Women also hold meetings at which men are not permitted; this is to create a sense of safety so that they can bond. People who feel persecuted tend to do that, you know. I'm quite positive the early Christians in Rome did the same thing.

*Emphasis mine. --DJW001

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The article you posted is not the same article as OP has posted.

Why are you trying to twist the story?

This is not right.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

But BLM do in fact exclude white people from some meetings*.

Women also hold meetings at which men are not permitted; this is to create a sense of safety so that they can bond. People who feel persecuted tend to do that, you know. I'm quite positive the early Christians in Rome did the same thing.

*Emphasis mine. --DJW001

Christians in Rome met in secret and likely did not start the meeting and then cast out some of their members over some superficial characteristic or other even though those Christians have been meeting with them and part of them from the start.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join