It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gee, Thanks Obama ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
*sigh*

It's Thursday night, and for my little boy that means one thing - NERD SPORTS!!

He loves battlebots like most men love football, so Thursday has become the nerd sports night in our house with both father and son sitting in front of the TV to watch the show and yell at it like they might a boxing match.

But not tonight ... Because the president thinks we need to have a deep televised castigation on race, my son is now crying on the couch.

Couldn't he have waited until 8pm?

Gee, thanks Obama.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In other words, Obama is taking the opportunity of the racial division he has stirred up in his 7 years of POTUS to make it worse?

Get the Pokémon app!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Battlebots is still around? I used to watch that show when I was a teenager. It's awesome!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We aren't watching it.

Husband and son are mixed race, so they don't need it. I'm the "privileged white devil" in this house, and I think even if I wanted to see it, they would have overruled me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

They started showing it again recently. Our son is obsessed with all things drone and robot, so battlebots is right up his alley.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I watch it too, it's pretty awesome.

Maybe your family can watch older battles on youtube tonite? There's lots of battles on youtube, some even hosted by other presenters/venues.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

It's what we'll end up doing. And for the record, I don't care that they decided to have a show on the whole race thing, I just wish they hadn't chosen the one network and hour of the week when the one show my 6-year-old lives for is on.

Why not NBC?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It started up again last year. The new version is in its second season. Its a good mix of newcomers, people who competed in the original, and people who are known from other robot fighting competitions.
edit on 14-7-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I see why he prefers battle bots to Potus... this is awesome.

Just for your son...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

A lot of the bot competitors compete all over - not just in abc's 'battle bots' tournament. And there are other countries who have different games and competitors.

check youtube, there's familiar faces and some you will never have seen before in germany and japan and stuff.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They're actually watching that on YouTube now.

It's a good fight.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Battle bots has come a long way. I was amazed. Those two duke it out to the fiery end.

Two thumbs up.

Tell your son thanks for getting me to watch it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This is why I secretly LOVE YouTube, because therein lies all manner of robotic shenanigans, and lingerie football.

As to Obama interrupting the regularly scheduled programming to deliver another profound reverse-racism tirade I am reminded of the bottle shop, and the need for beer.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If he didn't speak, people would complain just the same. POssibly say he was golfing att 8pm.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Three cheers and cyber hug for making time for your boy! Me and my pops bonded over thundarr the barbarian...
Saturday morning cartoons in the early eighties.../dazed eyes silly smile...

How about a good old fashioned game of chess?

~ meathead

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If he didn't speak, people would complain just the same

Wonder what the percentage of the populace would like if he just idled on through the rest of his term ? I would say about 80% right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Why is your son crying on the couch???

Dammit Obama!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Truth?

He's 6. It's a Thursday night, so he's running out of gas for the week, and he's in a day camp that features a LOT of outside time and play. So he's really worn out, and as I said, he LIVES for his weekly battlebots fix.

All these things mount up to a lot of frustration, tired, and disappointment. He's intensely emotional and can have outbursts. The plus side is that once he's had his emotional freak out, he'll also crash really fast when his head hits the pillow.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If he didn't speak, people would complain just the same. POssibly say he was golfing att 8pm.
We know you love him. We still like You anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Holy crap, battle bots is a lot more hardcore than I remember.

Looks awesome

top topics

<<   2 >>

join