It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military told to avoid 37 American cities for fear anti-police protests may turn violent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. Northern Command issued an "advisory" to Army personnel last week.

Apparently they are warning personnel to stay clear of specific U.S. cities that may have some kind of protesting going on.

We are hearing of a mass protest effort set for Friday.

What does this indicate?

Is something bigger brewing?

U.S. military told to avoid 37 American cities for fear anti-police protests may turn violent

The Army last week warned all military personnel in the United States to avoid 37 American cities this week over concerns that anti-police protests, dubbed “Days of Rage,” are planned and could turn violent.

The July 8 notice from the U.S. Army North said there is a potential for violence or criminal activities in the aftermath of the shootings of five Dallas police officers.

The Army notice appears based on an online rumor, since denied, that the anarchist hacker group Anonymous had called for nationwide protests Friday in the U.S. cities.

Snopes.com reported Tuesday that the rumor calling for Days of Rage protests is false and is based on an identical false posting that circulated online and in emails in August 2014, related to the Ferguson, Missouri, protests against police.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No anonymous wants them to protest ,so apparently they had something to do with it ,active duty scouts said "BULL" on our page on Facebook.
we're clear.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, to be fair, I dont think that Day of Rage protesters + heavy military weaponry should be next to one another.

I think that for once the army is acting responsibly.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
...And while the hacktivists influence people to go out and protest, what are they going to be doing?....

Better make sure y'all shut down your modems and routers when you leave the house to watch the...whatever it is that transpires.

You should any time you leave the house anyway...

...Another Internet Rumour...

Dee Doo Dah....Unfortunately, that's all it takes these days to cause all kinds of trouble...
edit on 14-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I can name at least 37 American cities I will avoid for the REST OF MY LIFE, and it has nothing to do with protesters.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Reminds me of no-go zones in parts of Europe.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Reminds me of no-go zones in parts of Europe.

I remember a liberty call in Puerto Rico in the Navy in the early 1980's that had anything outside of the base at Roosevelt Roads labeled as a 'no go zone'.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Cleveland will be "Ground Zero".

Then with the internet/cellphones it will spread to every city and the anarchists will run rampant.

It pisses me off that violence is being condoned by the Progressives, but I must say that they will the ones the most shocked when they see what their divisive tactics will bring down upon their own families and communities. With that being said, I and many others are prepared to take action when this goes down.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What does this indicate?

The military commanders are fiscal conservatives.

After spending a significant amount of tax payer dollars on making them soldiers.

Their job isn't to fight other Americans.

It's to fight Foreign aggression.

I didn't know what to think at first.

I prefer to think the above instead of some machination.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I hope your right, but I see it as that they KNOW things are going to get serious.

Damn shame political games are going to cause so much loss of life.......I don't feel bad for those who instigate, but for those who are dumb participants or innocent citizens caught in the area.

Life is about making choices and in the divided climate this country is in, deciding it is a great opportunity to "virtual signal" to your peeps on Facebook is a BAD choice!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yah lookout, the protesters are coming to destroy your way of life.

I'd expect that kind of fear mongering coming from the press , beholden to the ever increasing security state.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Well, to be fair, I dont think that Day of Rage protesters + heavy military weaponry should be next to one another.

I think it would be a blast.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
with the internet/cellphones it will spread to every city and the anarchists will run rampant.

And thanks to Pokemon Go you can be sure there will be a whole lot of people checking their phones at these rallies whose meeting points will most probably be a poke location too...

Maybe there's a connection with pokemon go release time and all these protests ?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: seeker1963
with the internet/cellphones it will spread to every city and the anarchists will run rampant.

And thanks to Pokemon Go you can be sure there will be a whole lot of people checking their phones at these rallies whose meeting points will most probably be a poke location too...

Maybe there's a connection with pokemon go release time and all these protests ?

LOL, I love my games but DAYUM!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First: U.S. Army North is NOT the same as (Northern Command) NORTHCOM. They are *part* of NORTHCOM, but so is the Air force and other branches. If NORTHCOM had issued such a warning it would not have been JUST to the Army, so if anything it came from Army North.

Second: The military community get notices like that *all the time*. There are places that are temporarily or permanently put "off limits" to military members, and there are also occasions like this when violence is expected. There are also restrictions on how far mil members can travel without taking leave. Not a big deal. Usually though we are just "strongly cautioned" and told to pay attention. There are also restrictions around participation in such events that are governed by the UCMJ. I wouldn't read too much into this because as far as I know, the Air Force hasn't received such notice.

Third: A reply to swanne: heavy military weaponry? You know military people leave their weapons and # at work right? I mean, I'm sure some own private firearms but I'm not sure I understand your reply. Could be my misunderstanding.

That being said, Anonymous did release the following locations and times for the protests:

Phoenix: 5:00PM (EASTLAKE PARK, 1549 E Jefferson St , Phoenix, AZ 85034)
Tuscon: 5:00PM (CATALINA PARK, 900 N 4th Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85705)
Little Rock: 6:00PM (OUTSIDE STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Little Rock, AR 72201)
San Francisco: 4:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, 355 Mcallister St, San Francisco, California 94102)
Oakland: 4:00PM (FRANK OGAWA PLAZA, 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612)
Los Angeles: 4:00PM (LEIMERT PLAZA PARK, 4395 Leimert Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008)
Denver: 5:00PM (CIVIC CENTER PARK, 100 W 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, Colorado 80204)
Washington DC: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE WHITE HOUSE, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500)
Atlanta: 7:00PM (OLD DECATUR COURTHOUSE, 101 E Court Sq, Decatur, GA 30030)
Tampa: 7:00PM (OUTSIDE HILLSBOROUGH COURTHOUSE, 800 E Twiggs St, Tampa, FL)
Orlando: 7:00PM (LAKE EOLA PARK, 195 N Rosalind Ave, Orlando, Florida 32801)
Miami: 7:00PM (GWEN CHERRY PARK, NW 71 St., Miami, Florida, 33147)
Chicago: 6:00PM (RICHARD J DALEY CENTER, 50 W Washington St, Chicago, Illinois 60602)
Des Moines: 6:00PM (IOWA STATE CAPITOL, 1007 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50319)
New Orleans: 6:00PM (LAFAYETTE SQUARE, New Orleans, LA 70130)
Baltimore: 7:00PM (201 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202)
Boston: 7:00PM (MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE, 24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 01233)
Detroit: 7:00PM (Campus Martius Park, Detroit, Michigan 48226)
Lansing: 7:00PM (STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933)
Ann Arbor: 7:00PM (THE DIAG, Burns Park, Ann Arbor, MI 48109)
Minneapolis: 6:00PM (MINNEAPOLIS URBAN LEAGUE, 2100 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411
St. Louis: 6:00PM (GATEWAY ARCH, St. Louis 63102)
Carson City: 4:00PM (NEVADA STATE CAPITOL BUILDING, 101 N Carson St, Carson City, Nevada 89701)
Manhattan, NY: 7:00PM (TIMES SQUARE, Manhattan, NY, 10036)
Newark: 7:00PM (NEWARK CITY HALL, 920 Broad Street, Newark, New Jersey 07102)
Durham: 7:00PM (200 E. Main St. Durham, North Carolina)
Columbus: 7:00PM (GOODALE PARK, Columbus, Ohio 43215)
Cleveland: 7:00PM (CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY, 325 Superior Ave E, Cleveland, Ohio 44114)
Portland: 4:00PM (PIONEER COURTHOUSE SQUARE, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97204)
Philadelphia: 7:00PM (LOVE PARK, 1599 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102)
Pittsburgh: 7:00PM (PITTSBURGH CITY-COUNTY BUILDING, 414 Grant St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219)
Nashville: 6:00PM (801 Broadway Nashville, TN 37203 Estes Kefauver Federal Building)
Memphis: 6:00PM (Health Sciences Park Memphis, TN)
Austin: 6:00PM (TEXAS STATE CAPITOL, Outside South Gate-11th and Congress Ave.)
Salt Lake City: 5:00PM (SALT LAKE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 4600 S Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, Utah 84123)
Seattle: 4:00PM (QUEEN ANNE BAPTIST CHURCH, 2011 1st Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109)
Milwaukee: 5:00PM (DINEEN PARK, Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Please don't go, please don't contribute to violence, please be smart and safe. I wish you all the best.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What does this indicate?

The military commanders are fiscal conservatives.

After spending a significant amount of tax payer dollars on making them soldiers.

Their job isn't to fight other Americans.

It's to fight Foreign aggression.

I didn't know what to think at first.

I prefer to think the above instead of some machination.

I agree with you this time, (you must be mellowing)

I don't even think Seeker63's poster is related, it's a general heads up, presumably for off duty guys, and for logistics.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We got two e-mails. Neither warned of specific cities to avoid.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
UGH I just saw an Anonymous video, it is disgusting. Rage Day. I am already sad about the lost lives and property destruction that could come from this. I just can't accept that violence is the answer. I'm disappointed in Anonymous. I don't pray but if I did it would be for the safety of everyone, particularly those targeted. Lets hope that nothing comes of this.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
We got two e-mails. Neither warned of specific cities to avoid.

Guess we know who didn't make it on the FEMA approved list, eh?

@ - OP what exactly do you think it's a sign of? DoD and DoS issue advisories all the time when they believe there's even a remote chance of something happening.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Soldier: "Well, I still have two weeks leave, but the Captain says we need to avoid certain American cities because they are dangerous and the Army wants us to stay safe."

Wife: "What are we going to do for the family vacation?"

Soldier: "I guess we'll just have to stay home until I'm deployed to Fallujah."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join