It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the lotto is fixed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What's the motive in rigging the lotto? Larger jackpots mean more players and more revenue.

Larger jackpots mean more money for the states – but also mean there are more losers.

“This is a strategy that Powerball folks use every few years to raise the odds of not winning. So it clearly is intended to raise the jackpots but at the same time is quite unfair to the player at the early stages as the jackpots build,” Richard McGowan, a Boston College business professor who studies lotteries and gambling, wrote in an email from El Salvador, where he is teaching a summer course. “This seems to be another attempt to try and build up jackpots so that the infrequent player, those [who] only play when the jackpot breaks $300 million, will play more often.”

LINK

Is there evidence that a lotto has been rigged?

Serbia's state lottery is facing an investigation after one of the winning numbers appeared on television before being drawn.

During a live broadcast on Tuesday evening the fourth ball drawn was 27, but the programme mistakenly declared the number chosen had been 21.

The station immediately realised its error and added a number 27 graphic to the winning numbers; but the next ball chosen was indeed 21.

LINK

There is more evidence of a lotto being rigged in the video below. I recommend watching the video below starting at 2:56. Talk about being hidden in plain site; a number is selected, rejected, and a different number is chosen!

www.youtube.com...

Who can take the lotto seriously? If you give TPTB control over a situation where they have every motivation to rig something as much as possible, who would think they're not going to do it?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I can't speak for other countries, But when talking about America the rule of thumb to go by is "If it can be rigged, it probably is".

Besides, everyone knows the universal law of lotteries, Only old people win them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I've always thought that if you select the "random number generator" to pick the numbers for you, that you have a much smaller chance of winning simply because they likely programmed the number generators to pick unlikely sequences of numbers to lower the chances of people winning. Perhaps my thinking is incorrect though.

Thanks for making this thread, I've always been curious about it myself

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I knew a $9,000,000 winner in Redlands Ca. personally.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'll tell you how its definitely fixed. When you 'win' you don't really win all that money. You got a choice, take small payments over time (like its a loan or something), or take 'all' now but you don't get all, you get raked for over two thirds. You don't win the Gubment and Vegas does.

Who wins the lotto

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It's not a random number generator if it's programmed to pick unlikely numbers. It would become an unlikely number generator.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

precisely why I put the "random number generator" term within quotation marks.

P.S. Do we (in the USA) still live in the land of the free, home of the brave, or is it the "land of the free, home of the brave"

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My GF and I love playing the lotto. But we noticed long ago that the random number generator has to be fixed. If you get 5 quick picks on the same ticket and look at the numbers it will always give you duplicate numbers in different rows. For example 3 rows will all have different numbers except for one number like 13 or 22. So you will have 3 separate rows on numbers but they all have 13 somewhere in them. So if 13 is not drawn all of your rows with 13 are automatically not jackpots. This is why whenever we get quick picks we will only get one pick at a time and always from different locations. I used to work at a gas station so I heard all kinds of stories about how the lotto is rigged.

The AZ lotto settled a lawsuit out of court a few years ago and had it gagged that the odds of winning were actually worse than they were posting for their scratchers. So their scratchers will say the odds of winning were 1 in 5. But in reality it was 1 in 10. I remember hearing about the lawsuit because the people who filed it would come into my gas station and buy full books of scratchers to check the odds.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think it is fixed.

Or shall I say not broken.

They are pulling in billions for the states now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'll tell you how its definitely fixed. When you 'win' you don't really win all that money. You got a choice, take small payments over time (like its a loan or something), or take 'all' now but you don't get all, you get raked for over two thirds. You don't win the Gubment and Vegas does.

Who wins the lotto

The cash payout is the net present value of the payments. In other words, a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. You rather have say $50 million now in a lump sum instead of $100 million spreadout over 20 years. The $50 million today is worth the same.

You always take the lump sum payment.

Unless they can rig which balls get selected, I can't see how it could be rigged.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If you think about it, by the time the Powerball or MM drawing occurs, ALL numbers printed on all tickets would be known to the "system". One can only assume (when/if) winning numbers are selected, is manipulated.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot
If you think about it, by the time the Powerball or MM drawing occurs, ALL numbers printed on all tickets would be known to the "system". One can only assume (when/if) winning numbers are selected, is manipulated.

Yeah, that is actually a good point.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be rigged. The odds of winning are just that astronomically low.

The lottery is a much needed tax on people who are bad at math.

Ahhhhhhahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is a bit painful for me to relate, I almost won a lotto jackpot prize, I got all the 5 numbers and almost got the 6th... still a hefty consolation prize? No, I ask an old friend to do the bet for me and gave him my number combination since he was a regular bettor but he was drunk at the time, lost my number and bet on a random generated number.

My wife went ballistic the night of the draw. We still give my old friend hell for that every once in a while. It's sounds funny right now but when it happened... yeah, it sucks! Do I think it is fixed? Hell yeah!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Lottery jackpot fixing investigation expands...

I do believe real people win lottery jackpots, but I also believe it is fixed. Real people have to win in order to cover the deals under the table. But occasionally, those deals get outed. Oops.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I've always thought that if you select the "random number generator" to pick the numbers for you, that you have a much smaller chance of winning simply because they likely programmed the number generators to pick unlikely sequences of numbers to lower the chances of people winning. Perhaps my thinking is incorrect though.

Thanks for making this thread, I've always been curious about it myself

According to Powerball, Quick Picks are the most popular way of buying tickets with between 70% and 80% of players opting to do this. As you may expect from the law of averages, this means the majority of jackpot winning tickets come from Quick Picks, including the last three Powerball jackpot wins and the most recent Mega Millions jackpot win.

Link

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I feel ashamed for America when I see people buying lottery tickets. It's just a straight up poor tax. A simple math lesson will tell you that your chances of winning anything substantial are not even worth talking about.

They don't even need to "fix" it. The odds are already against you.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Unless they can rig which balls get selected, I can't see how it could be rigged.

Easy, its on TV. They can manipulate that easy.

Unless you stand there live on stage and see the balls come out and have access to all the numbers data base... how do you know?

As far as lump sum vs. payments theres no interest, they get to hold the money earning interest for 2o years.

You may have won', but they get all that money for twenty years. Think back to all the lottery jackpots over the last twenty years and do the math.

Edit: Not only, you read the article about how taxes are collected? The gubment is the biggest 'winner' of all the lottery jackpots. They don't have to wait twenty years for their cut either.
edit on 14-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
It doesn't have to be rigged. The odds of winning are just that astronomically low.

Ahhhhhhahahahahaha

Thanks Snarl. So simple yet so clever, aren't they?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Snarl

Ahhhhhhahahahahaha

Thanks Snarl. So simple yet so clever, aren't they?

And to think I posted that to ATS and now their sales are plummeting.

I've ruined it, haven't I?

<<   2 >>

join