It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving my life behind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I get my rights back once I'm off probation. I know, it's BS. I'm pretty sure that's the way it is in all of the states.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
They have to keep their guns locked up when I'm around.

Nope. EIther this is incorrect, or the history you mention is missing some rather interesting details.

I can't think of a misdemeanor you could commit that would cause the loss of 2A rights.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Hello old friend!

I hope all has found you well since we last spoke!

Happily,
~meathead
edit on 14-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: bigfatfurrytexan ran out of body wax

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's what my probation officer told me. He even made me give him a notarized letter stating that I gave my gun away to someone for the duration of my probation.

In the state of CO you are not allowed to have a firearm if you are on probation.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

That's what my probation officer told me. He even made me give him a notarized letter stating that I gave my gun away to someone for the duration of my probation.

In the state of CO you are not allowed to have a firearm if you are on probation.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Its like a mini california there. Nice to visit....but if you throw down roots they will tax them.

I wonder if the FLorida office will have to enforce the laws of another state like that? If its not enumerate in the papers....it likely won't apply. Being back in the south might have some perks.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The interstate transfer person that handled my case said they had to do a "walkthrough" of the place I'm transferring to.

Didn't happen

I'm just going off of Colorado law. It's really been diluted through call after call after call. I have a feeling they don't even know what the hell they're talking about.

Being back in the south might have some perks. 

*crosses fingers*

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh yeah, that makes me want to move there.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

So, how do you feel after moving? I've thought about moving to a remote place more surrounded by nature..

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Sorry to hear that..

I actually thought of moving to Denver in order to save money. And also since it's a clean city.

Where I am, a cheap run down house is probably $700,000 and houses are more typically $850,000+. Things are out of control here.

I hear on the outskirts of Denver you can buy a house for $400,000 or so..
edit on 15-7-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

It actually has been really good for me ,
I have a gorgeous garden , I have almost twenty acres to do with as I please..heaven to me.

There's a farm a bout a mike away I've made friends with the owners, brother and sister in there late sixties..I help them hay and they help me with firewood.

I had neck surgery a few years before I moved,I was stagnant sitting in a chair 20 lbs over wieght, and generally unhappy..
Now I wake up to gorgeous sunrises on my deck with a cup of coffee and then get to work...

Gardening,building retention walls..taming the landscape, last year we built a woodshed out of used pallets old tin and tree trunks...

But all in all im in the best shape I have been in since my injury and just generally happier.

Getting satellite TV this past year was huge...I used to have too drive two hours to newhampshire on Sundays to watch GoT ...

Thanks for asking!

~meathead

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That sounds great. It takes a lot of balls to leave a place you have been living for a long time.

Did you live in a city prior to that?

I would like to get away from these planes that fly over my head every 30 min.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I lived in naugatuck Connecticut....
About an hour and half from new York city.

Now I live in Sheffield Vermont northeastkingdom.

Huge change...there is no highschool in town ..they bus the 25 or so 8 th graders two Towns over..the land is cheap if your willing to sacrifice convenience for privacy..building can be expensive...people up here seem to just move slower...

Someday I'll get a better phone so I can post pics...

The worst part is the winter..our road is a private road..an old logging road..we have a ranger with a plow on it but that doesn't make it any better when your out there plowing at 10 below 0 f...

~meathead

ETA-ninth graders.. Not 8 th
edit on 15-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Wow, thanks for sharing. I don't think I would survive up there as I'm a single. I might end up like the guy from the Shining.

Sounds like a beautiful place though. I was not too far from you in the White Mountains. Drove the car up Mt. Washington and hiked around a bit. Amazing place. I was also in Burlington - great town. Drove around many country roads up there and hiked; really liked it. Getting the fireplace going in the winter probably makes up for all its troubles.

Best,
N

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I've left everything behind a few times. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it's not. Have a safe trip.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

sounds like a good plan. Get into house sitting for the rich and famous. You can stay in multi million dollar mansions that are empty at no cost.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Waaaaw where do you live?

Denver is nice.

400,000 will get you a pretty good place.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Any tips? Sounds too good to be true lol

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks man. Landed last night. United lost my bag. Ugh.

But at least I'm in a state with whataburger

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Fantastic! You made it!
A little envious at the moment, of you

Good luck and keep us posted!

to your successful *endeavors!
edit on 16-7-2016 by TNMockingbird because: not the word I wanted

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Good deal. I hope you get your bag back.

I remember whataburger from when I was in Oklahoma. Good stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join