It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporter who pulled pistol on peaceful BLM protesters charged

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You now what they say about a man looking for blood, they usually find it. I'm glad this ass hat was denied his opportunity.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: butcherguy

a reply to: theySeeme

The title of the story says that he came armed for a massacre.

The same can be said of a hunter going out for feral hogs.

How many times did he fire his gun?

They are assuming he came for a massacre because he had 6 magazines of ammunition with him, all 6 magazines were extended illegal high capacity magazines.

Oregon has no magazine capacity laws.
Source

Last updated August 27, 2015. Oregon has no law regulating large capacity ammunition magazines.

kptv.com

Commissioners said state law limits counties for legislating in others areas of gun control, such as banning assault rifle or limiting magazine sizes.

So how were his magazines illegal?

Because the ban on high capacity magazines is a federal law?

The ban on Hi cap's sunsetted in 2004 I believe.

I stand corrected, you are correct that ban is over, it's only on a state by state basis. Apologies folks! And thanks for that information

No worries. States like California, Mass., hawaii, they are illegal still.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Really? What law is that ? I know there were some laws passed in the 1990's, but they expired over 10 years ago. Please let me know what these federal laws are, because I just may be breaking them every time I exercise my CCW rights.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

Really? What law is that ? I know there were some laws passed in the 1990's, but they expired over 10 years ago. Please let me know what these federal laws are, because I just may be breaking them every time I exercise my CCW rights.

I was actually incorrect, I've stated such on page 1, there is no federal law still in effect that bans large capacity magazines, only some local state laws do.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks. As an Aside, the states that do have limits on capacity:

As of March 2014, Washington, D.C. and eight U.S. states have high-capacity magazine restrictions or bans.

California
Colorado (on in-state sales of magazines with a capacity of 15 rounds or greater)
Connecticut
Hawaii (on handguns only)
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York

In Virginia, high-capacity magazines are not banned, but a semi-automatic, centerfire rifle or pistol with a magazine able to hold more than 20 rounds is considered an "assault firearm" and may only be purchased by citizens or permanent residents.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks. As an Aside, the states that do have limits on capacity:

As of March 2014, Washington, D.C. and eight U.S. states have high-capacity magazine restrictions or bans.

California
Colorado (on in-state sales of magazines with a capacity of 15 rounds or greater)
Connecticut
Hawaii (on handguns only)
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York

In Virginia, high-capacity magazines are not banned, but a semi-automatic, centerfire rifle or pistol with a magazine able to hold more than 20 rounds is considered an "assault firearm" and may only be purchased by citizens or permanent residents.

In either case this high-capacity law is one of the most retarded I've heard of. If there is no limit on the amount of ammunition you can carry, there should be no limit on how much can fit in your clip. If someone is licensed to shoot 8 bullets, they should equally be able to shoot 18.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Can't have mentally unstable people on both sides of a protest.
Only one group is allowed to be unreasonable at a time.
Carrying 6 magazines doesn't look good though.

That aside, I'm very surprised by the number of young white kids protesting.
Even after being told their lives don't matter and that everything is theirs and other white people's faults they join in anyway.
It's a free country, sort of.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Can't have mentally unstable people on both sides of a protest.
Only one group is allowed to unreasonable at a time.
Carrying 6 magazines doesn't look good though.

That aside I'm very surprised by the number of young white kids protesting.
Even after being told their lives don't matter and that everything is theirs and other white people's faults they join in anyway.
It's a free country, sort of.

I think it's more that those "young white kids" you see protesting have some common sense and good hearts.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I am a fan of being allowed to possess the tools one may need for any situation.

I am not a fan of people who are fans of being allowed the possession of the tools one may need for any situation, but don't know when the use of those tools is appropriate.

Like a FaceBook post I read where they pictured bullets of different types and asked how quick you wanted to dial a phone number. My response was to point out that one had better make sure they don't mis-dial the number, because it's kind of hard to say "sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number" after harming or killing another with a firearm.

There be a lot of dumb people out there matey.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

wow this is obviously a pre-planned thing ,most likely a abc boy operation.

if dude really pulled a gun people would walk away not towards him.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

wow this is obviously a pre-planned thing ,most likely a abc boy operation.

if dude really pulled a gun people would walk away not towards him.

People only walk away when the shooter is black

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

In either case this high-capacity law is one of the most retarded I've heard of. If there is no limit on the amount of ammunition you can carry, there should be no limit on how much can fit in your clip. If someone is licensed to shoot 8 bullets, they should equally be able to shoot 18.

I can see arguments on both sides. When I shoot at the range, I like big magazines. I also legally carry sometimes, and like the capacity. However 6 magazines? That is almost an infantry combat load (210 rounds 6 mags X 30 rounds ). I don't know how big his mags were, may 15 rounds each - that puts him at 90 rounds. I don't know who he thought we was getting into a gun fight with. Glad it wasn't me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I can see arguments on both sides. When I shoot at the range, I like big magazines. I also legally carry sometimes, and like the capacity. However 6 magazines? That is almost an infantry combat load (210 rounds 6 mags X 30 rounds ). I don't know how big his mags were, may 15 rounds each - that puts him at 90 rounds. I don't know who he thought we was getting into a gun fight with. Glad it wasn't me.

Oh I agree completely, 6 magazines sounds like he had something else in mind. Mass shooting style. I'm just saying I think it's stupid to limit how many bullets can fit in one magazine. Ok, high capacity mags are illegal, I'll just carry two magazines and practice reloading faster. What the hell is the difference?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

i never heard "they" say anything of the sort, i think you just made that up.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Just because one is carrying a lot of ammunition does not mean that they are out to do a "Mass Shooting".

I've gone to the range with 20, 33 round mags before and shot them all up in one session.

I usually only carry 5.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

do know whats cool about having magazine restrictions? is you get practice at being more efficient with your ammo.
edit on 14-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Just because one is carrying a lot of ammunition does not mean that they are out to do a "Mass Shooting".

I've gone to the range with 20, 33 round mags before and shot them all up in one session.

I usually only carry 5.

I bet that's what this guy thought he was doing, going to a range.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

I usually only carry 5.

How many people did you massacre?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

They are assuming he came for a massacre because he had 6 magazines of ammunition with him, all 6 magazines were extended illegal high capacity magazines.

Source

Last updated August 27, 2015. Oregon has no law regulating large capacity ammunition magazines.

kptv.com

Commissioners said state law limits counties for legislating in others areas of gun control, such as banning assault rifle or limiting magazine sizes.

Wrong. There is no high capacity ban that is nation wide.

I have a drum mag that holds 100 rounds in Washington state and it isn't illegal. You can even get a dual drum for 200 rounds.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Source

kptv.com

Wrong. There is no high capacity ban that is nation wide.

I have a drum mag that holds 100 rounds in Washington state and it isn't illegal. You can even get a dual drum for 200 rounds.

If you bothered to read the entire topic, we already established that several times, but I appreciate your insight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join