It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump/Pence 2016 it is all but official now....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

His LGBT views are a little disconcerting. I read last night that he was in the front but the article I referred to came from the Indypost. The big question now is who will Hill pick...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Tim Kaine. I say that because I'm from Virginia of course.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I love when people complain about titles and not content. There...is that better?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The most unpopular Presidential Candidate in modern history takes on one of the most unpopular politicians in the country as a running mate ...

It's official; we are being Punked.

Indiana Talks

I would say that, judging by results, it's going to be extremely hard for anybody to beat Mondale in unpopularity. But I agree that if this turns out to be true then Trump has been trolling.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

According to who? Trump brought out record crowds of voters.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

would rather him pick newt because people are already familiar with gingrich, and pence did endorse ted cruz prior to endorsing trump. i dont think pence would be good as vp, but i dont know enough about him to really make a good judgement call.

I heard some "chatter" that Newt was too hard to vet because of some of his business dealings since leaving government. Nothing illegal, just eye-brow raising.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: crazyewok
everything you just said sounds 1000x better than Obama...

Gross. I'm sure you don't really mean that.
We can't be in this bad of shape where someone actually would mean that, can we?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Never heard of him.

Probably should've picked Carson.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: crazyewok
everything you just said sounds 1000x better than Obama...

Unless your a Neocon Then your a idiot.

USA needs a president that's neither a Bush Disaster or a Obama Disaster.

Awe heck.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Bush and Obama were bad presidents.

Why do you want Trump to pick a VP that represents all the bad things that Bush stood for?

Really you think Iraq war, Torture and big government interfering with peoples private life's is a good thing?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know of three families who moved from Illinois over the border to Indiana. They are not coming back. lower taxes, lower crime, overall higher quality of day-to-day living.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Interesting.

Hoosier Survey: Pence approval rating below 50 percent

Obama Approval rating at 50%

Who is trolling WHO?

53% latest for Obama he keeps going up. And even at 50% for President in at the end of term that is higher than most. For a Governor 50% puts you close to the bottom 10. Most average in the 60s. The top in th 70s 80s. So comparing this numbers is not a good idea.

As for the OP, Pence makes sense. He is in a very close race he could lose. And he is one of those Cruz like hard right, Christian, conservative Republicans. It shows Trump knows he has to please the Party to have a shot. It would be a good first sign that Trump is following in inline with the GOP like a good little boy to have a chance at this election.

This might not please Trumps supporters who might see it as laying down for the GOP but, lets be honest if everything has driven them away this will not either. And it will make Trump more acceptable in some of the Red states that are wavering. The Indies and Dems hate him, but they were not going to be swayed by VP choice anyway. Nobody really thought the random people being leaked were really in the mix did you? Considering Trumps stigma he was going to have to limit choices to people's political careers that were dead or close to death and by pleasing the the GOP elders this is the best choice he could make.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What is interesting about it?

Congrats he has a similar approval rating of the guy you think is trying to destroy America... Does that some how solidify him possibly being chosen?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This rings true to me. I think Pence has only a few days to declare his run for governor again, so the decision would have to be made now if he's going on Trump's ticket.

I seem to recall, however, that Pence was being linked to some kind of scandal and that's why he didn't run for the GOP nomination. I can't recall the details, but if I am correct on that, I wonder why Donald would want to take that on?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Clintons are worse than Pence's.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We always knew Trump was going to pick a GOP insider as VP. He's said it repeatedly, so no surprise. I still wouldn't count out Newt though. We'll all see at 11am tomorrow.....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

That appears to be exactly what this pick would indicate. Trump is trying to get some more support from within the GOP by picking a VP that strictly adheres to the party dogma.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think this is the end for Trump, I was hoping for a surprise pick, like maybe a woman or a person of color. The racial factor is going to dig in on Trump and his GOP choice. Hillary will pounce on this and win the election.

Trump made a big mistake.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join