It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebony Editor Isn’t Sure Killing White People Should Be Considered a ‘Hate Crime’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

www.mediaite.com...

After President Barack Obama said the murder of fives Dallas police officers was a “hate crime,” EBONY editor Jamilah Lemieux said she wasn’t “comfortable” with the use of the term to describe the murder of white police officers.

“I have to say, I would not describe ‘hate crime’ as the most comfortable word choice, considering these circumstances,” she said on CNN Wednesday.

CNN contributor and former FBI agent Steve Moore wasn’t buying that argument. “You can’t just say that only certain groups are allowed to be hated, only certain groups can have crimes designated as hate crimes against them,” he replied. “That’s racism.”

Because whites aren't real humans like "people of color" are!

This is disgusting and just more of the open anti-white racism that seems to be gaining steam by the day in our main stream press and from the government. Just a few days ago Marc Lemont claimed "black people are incapable of racism" on CNN. This is the sort of rhetoric that is going to leads to lots of pain, misery and death. It worries me because NOBODY (in the media or government) wants to address it. In fact it seems they actually want to promote it.

edit on Thu Jul 14 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Definitions of social justice don't have credibility when they are one way directions, illogical, and ignore any problematic behaviors towards whites.

It really seems that in the social justice community, one can't even criticize some people of color, nor SJ ideas, and especially not certain doctrines of social justice (such as people of color can't be racist), without being ostracized, called racist, called blinded by privilege, etc.

A hate crime is a hate crime people, regardless of target. The whole idea should remain consistent, that it means someone targeted based on a group identity they have, ranging from sexuality to race to religion.

I think SJ people seem to think that if we call out crimes against whites, that somehow this diminishes social justice and takes away from the narrative that minorities have been oppressed (they have). I hold strongly that when social justice concepts are equally applied, and even prejudice towards whites is called out (even if it pails in comparison to that experienced by people of color), it actually strengthens social justice and builds the credibility. Not doing so alienates a LOT of people, not least the individuals who have experienced prejudice towards whites.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That's always your rebuttal: that somebody didn't understand the "context" of your reply. Just cannot admit that your viewpoint is narrow-minded and quite possibly wrong, can you?

I was quite detailed in all my comments...

So, yes, it's quite obvious you lack the ability to discern information presented to you within its proper context.

I will admit it when you prove it to be true by quoting and dissecting my words . Until then, your opinion, is a just a blanket statement with nothing to back it up.

And I strongly suggest you refrain from using that idiom as you clearly don't understand its meaning.

Again, your words are very ironic.

You have said nothing...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Blacks are far superior to whites.

It's thoughtless, moronic comments like these that keep race wars alive. Not until people valuing and judging other people on the simple fact of being human, rather than race, religion, or anything else, will racism even have a chance of being a thing of the past. I've met the spectrum of personalities in a spectrum of races over my years.. race may sometimes drive the actions of a person, or dictate their way of living or means of living, but it won't change them as a person. I've know wonderful black people.. and white people.. and Asian people (and married one), and I've know wonderful Indian and Middle Eastern folks. Just because a group of ignorant fools from any race gather to create a KKK or a BLM or an ISIS or any other radical, extremist, fundamentally effed up group or cult, doesn't define that race.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This was a huge surprise if u haven't seen it yet you must then let me know if you have ever heard these arguments against whites and do u agree with them anyone?

youtu.be...
edit on 7/17/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I've been saying this for a while now. I'll say it again:

The Far Left (which now controls the Democratic Party) wants a Race War. It will be one of the tools to create chaos in the US, along with cop-killing, increasing numbers of Muslim "refugees" (hiding Radical Islamic terrorists), increasing numbers of Mexican criminals coming thru an open border, and increasing economic problems.

Isn't it obvious that the US and Western Europe are being INTENTIONALLY destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join