It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebony Editor Isn’t Sure Killing White People Should Be Considered a ‘Hate Crime’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Just.

One.

Big.

Gut-busting.

Joke.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

But, that can't be true, because only whites are racist! /sarcasm

More of the same crap we have been hearing for over seven years now, and it's only going to get worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

But the new definition of racist/racism can only happen when a white person is doing it.

Racism = privilege + power.

Welcome to the new America. The brainwashed masses don't have the capacity to think for themselves or this crap would not be happening.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

This is disgusting and just more of the open anti-white racism that seems to be gaining steam by the day in our main stream press and from the government

Why do you and some others put so much faith in the media and buy into the narrative? Why do you allow the media and others to manipulate your emotions and perspective so easily? Why allow the manufacturing of anger to continue at your own expense? Why do you treat the news as gospel? Treat it like ATS - it's just humans sharing their views.

Just a few days ago Marc Lemont claimed "black people are incapable of racism" on CNN. This is the sort of rhetoric that is going to leads to lots of pain, misery and death.

How so? Oh yes, some people are easily manipulated - socially engineered - via propaganda. Don't be one of them!

Herd behavior describes how individuals in a group can act collectively without centralized direction. The term can refer to the behavior of animals in herds, packs, bird flocks, fish schools and so on, as well as the behavior of humans in demonstrations, riots and general strikes,[1] sporting events, religious gatherings, episodes of mob violence and everyday decision-making, judgement and opinion-forming.

Raafat, Chater and Frith proposed an integrated approach to herding, describing two key issues, the mechanisms of transmission of thoughts or behavior between individuals and the patterns of connections between them.[2] They suggested that bringing together diverse theoretical approaches of herding behavior illuminates the applicability of the concept to many domains, ranging from cognitive neuroscience to economics.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

It worries me because NOBODY (in the media or government) wants to address it. In fact it seems they actually want to promote it.

Well, DUH!!! The manipulation of public opinion is nothing new...

*annotations in bold my own*

We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men [corporate and government media] ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. *It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.*

en.wikipedia.org...

Any rational person would conclude that targeting and killing white people for their colour and cops because of profession IS a hate crime. Who cares what the editor of Ebony says to the contrary? She is obviously an idiot.

In the future: Don't allow your emotions and thoughts to be manipulated by idiots. Simple.

Btw, these threads remind me how incredibly cartoon American news media is. Again, I can't believe some people allow themselves to get worked up over what's on the news. Talk about exploiting the hive mind...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I know the racists hate to be reminded, but....non-whites, especially blacks in America, CANNOT be racist. Period.

If blacks had any real power, you might have had a case for a hate crime against whites, but thats really not the case, is it?

I bet some of the racists here think its a "hate crime" if a black slave were to revolt against his white slave master.

edit on 14-7-2016 by secretboss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss
I know the racists hate to be reminded, but....non-whites, especially blacks in America, CANNOT be racist. Period.

Have you been smoking the crack?

Exactly where is there an exemption for racism based on race?

That's literally racist in itself.

If a guy says "I want to kill white cops" an then guns down several white cops, he is guilty of a hate crime. "Period".
edit on 15-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

I say they can,now you have to DEFINE my racism...when in fact I'd really probable more likely kill because of RAP more than my skin ...I couldn't care less, it held my other organs together well but as I LIVED,I GOT NO breaks from skin,just busting ass work,well art skills and intelligence I couldn't use.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just a failure of a human being who ended up editor of a magazine stirring up some controversy to try and sell more copies of her failing magazine.

I have no doubt she believes what she said, but her motives here are quite clear.

(post by secretboss removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Looks like BLM advocates have finally found this forum. Fun times ahead

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

If a guy says "I want to kill white cops" an then guns down several white cops, he is guilty of a hate crime. "Period".

I bet you also think its "racist" if a black man says he doesnt like it when white cops kill black people.

This strange new "racism against whites" meme is propaganda being spread by hardcore racists and you seem to have bought into it.

Really, that's obviously not the case.

If you honestly think that racism cannot exist against white people then I'm not sure we are on the same planet, or you haven't given yourself the benefit of using your brain to do some research.

I have traveled the world myself, and I can tell you that racism against white people is far more prevalent worldwide than it is against pretty much any other race.

Enjoy your adorable victim complex if you must, though.
edit on 15-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

The danger isn't him getting worked up its others watching it believing it and acting on it. We seem to be in a weird situation where ideas and problems are no longer discussed but instead acted upon. Well I figure eventually all this hype created by the media will acomplish it's goal a whole new breed if racists. Guess hate is easier than understanding and sympathy.

I figured people were smarter than we had thr guy here in Tennessee decided to start shooting white motorists on thr highway guess we need bullet proof glass.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

If blacks had any real power, you might have had a case for a hate crime against whites, but thats really not the case, is it?

I bet some of the racists here think its a "hate crime" if a black slave were to revolt against his white slave master.

Having lived in DC I can say you have no clue of the real world. I met my wife there she is black and yes I'm as white as you can get I'm german. And there was several members of her family that didn't like the fact she married a white guy. Most have come around as they got to know me but there is still a couple my wife no longer talks to including her brother.

So to say blacks cant be racist is naive everyone is racist until I met the wife's family I didn't even know how much black people hate Indians. Talking about currie and how they buy up all the stores in black neighborhoods. By the way her parents attitide seems to have changed when we got them away from DC. They moved to Tennessee we helped them buy a house so they can see the grandkids. I've often wondered if it has something to do with locations.
edit on 7/15/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good find op however this takes the cake and I can't even believe the hate coming from these two psychotic delusional cymbals

EVERYONE! WATCH THE MOST RACIST EXCHANGE EVER, and not a dull second...

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's not a hate crime because black people don't hate white people,it's never about hate as it is when white people kill black people.

I never heard of a black person hanging a white person, or cutting one's penis off...cutting some ones ears off as a trophy collection and burning kids woman and men alive because they are black and in some cases are still getting away with it still in 2016, that’s hateful.
edit on 15-7-2016 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Of course, it is technically a hate crime, it is within the very definition. I do know what she means when she states she is uncomfortable with the use here. It would speak to the fact that whites are responsible for the vast majority of hate crimes and the reasons why the FBI took a more active role in investigating hate crimes after 1964.

FBI-Hate crime overview

However, the murders of civil rights workers Michael Schwerner, Andrew Goodman, and James Chaney, near Philadelphia, Mississippi, in June 1964 provided the impetus for a visible and sustained federal effort to protect and foster civil rights for African Americans.

I wasn't even born then. My parents weren't even old enough to do it!

Are minorities still under the constant threat of being physically discriminated against by the everyday white Joe, or is it the other way around?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So much for,

edit on 15-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Not a fan of baiting threads...But yes, she is warped in the head...

Her retort "When we use the term "Hate Crime" we are typically referring to crimes against "people of color", LGTB, Religious backgrounds" etc.???

White people are people "of color"..they are just white...and that color is why these officers were targeted and murdered.

She dances around the "we don't know all the facts yet" excuse...but yes..we do understand enough about his motivations.

It was a hate crime...she has jumped the shark.

** That said...this thread as a platform to declare all of the African Community as sharing her perspective in not considering this a "Hate Crime" also fails...The First African American President in history was the one who went on national television and declared this a "Hate Crime".

edit on 15-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

It's not a hate crime because black people don't hate white people, it's never about hate as it is when white people kill black people.

Nor do "white people hate black people"??

Yes...some white people "hate black people"...

And sure as rain...some black people "hate white people"

History and present day institutionalized racism are real and deserve discussion, but your generalized statement declaring the impossible state of "black people" being incapable of "hating white people"...or engaging in violence to express the same is false and disproven, most pointedly with the Dallas murders..

We have real issues to solve...let's not muddy the waters with BS.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Didn't see an answer to Your post/question, so I thought I would offer Mine. No!!
I can't see anyone classifying that as a hate crime!!
The victim, Who turned killer, might feel hate towards their attacker,
from being attacked, but that is NOT the same as a typical Hate crime. Is it?

Just My thoughts here obviously... Syx

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join