It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Guru's search for enlightenment...withought knowing this was so

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Little guru ran with a scraggly bunch of ferrals, avoiding humans at all cost.... he thought the world ended when he lost his wife to a bigger and badder cat than he... it was what he did scavenging in the trash.... that turned her away from tending to him.
Little guru, the first drunk cat... had found a broken bottle one morning and was so thirsty he mistook the drink for water...'' awe what the heck, it's liquid right?''
He felt euphoria beyond the love of his fluffy calico bride... and forgot to give her the attention she craved.
For days, weeks, months, years.. he would find drinks from wherever he could, his dear wife continued to bring him scraps from the kind old lady that fed her...
And all he wanted was to drink from the broken bottles left outside by the drunk chef...that knew not what he was doing and so, Little guru would puff up pretending there was a fight in his mists, drunk on dreams.... he was simply fighting him self... imagining himself winning a grand fight, against any cat of any size.
One day, a car pulled over and a nice human man put a dish of water out, ''here little cat, drink this... it is just what you need.''
Little Guru had a moment of trusting a human being and drank the water... felt clarity briefly.
He even remembered to eat food!... took off running quick.
But one must always return to the familiar ways of being, in order to be at home and would have to wait,
For his dreams to come true..
To be continued...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Oh Peppy I can't wait to see what happens with Little Guru! Poor little kitty!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

S/F nice writing

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There was a time in the distant past of Little Guru's life where food was given to him for free, he was just a kitten. Deciding to travel one day, he took off in pursuit of becoming a cat.
Slowly walking down the gravel road, away from the barn, his mom and pop raised him in, he sniffed, sprayed here and there...thinking he might need to know the way back.
A rainstorm washed that all away and soaking wet one evening, he jumped into a grungy vehicle, windows left open and cozied up on the back floor.
The driver, after having stolen some alcohol from a liquor store, hopped in the car and sped over the state line, this guy was only 18 and scared out of his mind... thinking camera's may have recorded him sticking the 40's in his baggy pants.
So off they went, unaware of each others presence.
All little Guru knew was that woozy fast feeling, felt really good and never wanted the ride to end.
The young thief found a place to park and drank his score, threw the bottles in the back and a bottle hit little guru... waking him up from his daze... so he scuffled quickly and went for the window, but the young drunk was too quick and because of reflex, reached behind his seat and snatched the flailing cat, putting him in his lap.
Little guru was scared, but the young human seemed to like holding the cat.
"I like you, your mine now"' little guru made out the words spoken.
To be continued...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
After a week being with this crazy runaway, little guru began to feel, it's not really safe..as he was being a bit manhandled and actually kept tied up in the fast car with a messed up rope leash.
Luckily, Little guru had some good teeth and knawed through his entrapment... took off running... this is the beginning of his mistrust in humans.
Ending up in someone's yard, he spotted a creature of his own kind, big burly short hair cat..little guru didn't try to stare this beast down and the beast nodded his head in acceptance.
Little did Little guru know, was that the beast was called Fakir... known for pretending to let other cats in his yard... only to fight them into oblivion.
Once little guru grew comfortable eating scraps from the cat, Fakir... he was turned on, hissed and growled at, for the beast was truly fair..in every fight... and little guru took off once more...running with the dust and wind.
More in next post...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Somehow, little guru ended up in the back of a truck, hoping for speed... only to ride slowly into unknown territory as his life had been since leaving home...
The driver pulled into a dirty driveway, went to get his garden tools and spotted poor little guru.
The driver, allergic to cats, took a long shovel and scooped up his enemy, tossing him aside like a bunch of weeds...
And off Little guru ran, loosing even more faith in humans.
Eating bugs, walking down through the wilderness, he came across a stream.
A beautiful calico drinking heartily, took his breath away
And he decided he found what he had been searching for.
He wooed her ever so carefully with bugs and birds.
She finally took him in and let him stay outside the home that fed her.
Together they stayed, until that fateful day, he found that blasted broken bottle of booze.
Thank you for reading.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75 thank you, I appreciate you reading and commenting.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 thank you kind one.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I loved it!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Peppy, your stories read like adult children's stories if that makes sense? love it!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: valiantwhen I wrote it I thought maybe kids should stay away...I don't want them to think it is okay to steal drinks and drive fast... that stuff is illegal!
😊hope no one gets influenced reading this.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20988163]tikbalang/post] so, happy.😊

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks for finishing the story Peppy!!! It was awesome!!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think it's just your writing style, every time I read something of yours in my head I'm going "awww"

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75 thank you for the compliment!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant I try for not a scary ending...I was happy the main character in my mind, found love at the end of part of his journey... he still has lots to learn... maybe find love once more?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I hope he does! He just has to find someone he loves more than the liquid!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant I know, exactly!🎃

:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Love your story!

How come you don't have the writer label? Not fair! Not fair!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pthenaawe, thanks... perhaps I do my best work without all the pressure of being in a competition? I just need to have fun, writing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join