It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary have Bill as her Vice President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Have you noticed all the news medias refuse to address this issue of secrecy.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I am pretty sure that this would be illegal.
The VP needs to be able to step into the presidency if something happens to the president.
The 22nd amendment would not allow this - Bill did his time.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It's as ridiculous as the last episodes of House of Cards.

I would welcome the idea because I (think) it would be the final nail....

Nail in the coffin, Bill. IN THE COFFIN Bill, not the other kind of nail you love so much.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to: musicismagic
This seems to be a good Washington Post Article called "Bill Clinton for Vice President?" that goes into the legalities.

Here are the relevant constitutional provisions, in relevant part:

1.The Twelfth Amendment: “[N]o person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.”

2.The Twenty-Second Amendment: “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice ….”

3.Article II, § 1, cl. 4: “No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.”

edit on 7/13/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
even if legal it would be a massive blunder

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I am pretty sure that this would be illegal.
The VP needs to be able to step into the presidency if something happens to the president.
The 22nd amendment would not allow this - Bill did his time.

Excellent analysis. He cannot be a VP.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I actually have concerns about Bill being in the White House at all.
Hillary has already made clear that she plans to give him a position with power, and that he will be her advisor.

I think that there has to be something about this that goes against the intention of the 22nd Amendment, if not the legal verbiage.

Wasn't the whole purpose of the amendment to prevent a monarchy? It was intended to prevent the same person from having endless power.

How is it ok for a former president who did his time to go back to the White House and have some control over running the country again?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Found something with a lawyer chatting about this.

I thought it was interesting, but from my personal interpretation this means that the biggest obstacle would be that they need hold residency in separate states.

That said I doubt she'd do it. If she wants votes for him she'd say he's gonna advise her and perhaps say that they'd made many policy decisions together, thus freeing the VP up for a fluffer. Of I recall she's specifically stated on numerous occasions that he will not be advising her too closely, and that we should consider her as her own person, not another term for him. (...and I know I for one would see it as another term for him if she did choose him as vp...)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
As already pointed out.

ILLEGAL.

But since when has that ever stopped the CLINTONS ?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hell, they let Ted Cruz run as long as he did. Foreign born to only one 'Merican parent...he passed for white and didn't have a funny sounding name, though, so he got a pass from the same folks that thought a half black kid born in Hawaii to a mother from Kansas was ineligible.

Nothing is impossible anymore. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they tried some way ala Cruz to circumvent the system and make it seem okay.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yea, but the 22nd backed up the the 12th, puts the nail in the coffin.
Not a VP he.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Bill Clinton is probably not looking forward to living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. That's where he lived when he became the 2nd President in U.S. history to be Impeached. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder emotions could flare up.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder emotions could flare up.

Don't worry... there's an intern for that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: carewemust

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder emotions could flare up.

Don't worry... there's an intern for that.

LOL! They probably wouldn't let Bill do what you see here in this White House Intern photo.
Link: www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ay, but the devil's in the details. One might argue that the qualifications of the president are outlined in the third bullet point above and that the limitation on serving more then two terms as president, is not itself a qualification and thus wouldn't be applicable to the position of vice president. Ultimately that would fall to the supreme court to rule on. Considering how many justices our next president may end up choosing, their conclusion isn't necessarily cemented against her. Ultimately semantics, but at times semantics matter.

Personally I accept that it can be read either way and thus I choose to keep an open mind as to how others might interpret it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm already livid about the prospect of our next first lady being an impeached President. Can he legally take up residence in the White House again?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, Bill would be the First Lady if she won. Hillary would have Caitlyn Jenner come over for a serious talk with ole Slick WIlly. Her Monica revenge would be complete when Bill is running around in high heels.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I'm more interested in knowing if she will allow female interns and cigars in the white house when bill is home, if when elected selected?

edit on 37731America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2016 23:37:27 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It cant be Bill. She could choose Bernie and , god help us , I think she could even win if she did. She will never do that however , as that would take the spotlight off of her. She would hate that.
edit on 13-7-2016 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hillary, once nominated, could not nominate Bill as her VP candidate. If elected, she could not appoint Bill to any other official position (cabinet official, ambassador, Supreme Court justice, etc.), either. The Federal Anti-Nepotism Statute, which was passed in 1967, prevents a president from appointing family members to official positions.

If Hillary were to be elected, he would probably serve in an unofficial advisory capacity, much the way Hillary did to Bill during his administration, when she headed up such projects as the 1993 Health Security Act. Although she was heavily involved in dealing with a major piece of proposed legislation, this was not an official position within the administration, in so much as she did not draw a paycheck for her work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join