It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too funny! White Woman Walks In Black Neighborhood with Sign: "I’m Sorry Black America"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What?

This feels like a badge people wear just to be part of the crew...like me hating the English for years of supposed subjugation...

Would an appropriate reparation be repatriation to the country that the slaves were taken from?

You feel 400 years of slavery..? Sorry for laughing but that feels juvenile and over dramatic. None of us could imagine the reality of how one year of that would feel.

You sound as if you're conditioned to believe all of this bilge...

How about thinking afresh, taking responsibility and actually knocking the chip off your shoulder?

a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yes, it does feel good...to apologize, even if its not your fault, even if you did nothing.

Its kind and it makes the world a better place.

The way you are making fun of her and betting she will be a victim of a violent crime is pushing negativity into an otherwise positive gesture.

Says a lot about you.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I'm from the Netherlands and that history is still haunting me and is ruining a childhood "santaclaus" for the kids now days.

can I get money too?
not to spend on anything but psychological help with my (still to make) kids.
where do I sing up?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
Judging by this thread.. and it's comments I can clearly see that the world has passed the point of no return and we're all spiraling downward into civil chaos, any doubt i had of that occurring has been washed away in the past few days.

here's the rub..

It's as if the "big thinkers" have found a trigger for just about everyone, and those buttons are now being pressed for everyone.. left/right - black/white - compassion/hate, anyone with a "side" now has their lines drawn and it's just about time for the big clash.. like the lead-up to a grand final only this has been in the works for many years ingrained into you by the things you follow.

This woman, did what she "thought" was right, these posters are reacting in how they feel is right.. none of you are right.. we're all just puppets now.. punch meet judy.. the show is about to begin.

Rather sad, not just this event, nor this thread.. it's everywhere.
Once you stand for something, there's 2 more waiting to tear you apart for it.

What a dangerous game this is...

This no game. I take this very seriously. I am taking pains to raise my children to understand...they are not guilty of something because they happen to be of caucasian heritage. Just as much as someone is not guilty of something for being of any other heritage.

It's the actions of the individual that matter.

It is the actions of the individual upon which that individual will be judged.

What I am seeing, is a group of people who are voluntarily taking it upon themselves to "apologize" for something that neither they, nor I, have done.

This is wrong. Just plain wrong. The thought that her actions, the woman from the link, will somehow make things better?

If nothing else...at the least...it is hubris on her part. And it is self motivating. In many ways, she is setting herself up on the receiving end of Munchausen by Proxy.

Pity the poor, helpless, defenseless black people....the "victims"....and look at how wonderful she is for being the martyr.

It is her own hubris that is preventing her from focusing attention on actions that might truly help.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I will never apologize for something that is not of my doing and even if is of my doing I will think two times before apologizing.

What a joke.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Yes, it does feel good...to apologize, even if its not your fault, even if you did nothing.

So, what you're saying is...it's really nothing more than empty, hollow words? Well, I'd have to agree.

An APOLOGY is someone *sincerely* expressing their regret over having done something of a negative nature towards someone else either with or without intent.

In order to be sincere, well, you must have first actually done the negative deed.

All this little girl did, and yes, I called her a "little girl" with regards to her lack of maturity or insight, was to further perpetuate the problem.

She did NOTHING positive to help... Her actions mean NOTHING. ZIP. NADA. ZILCH.

I wonder if you're the kind who might say "I'm sorry that YOU FEEL THAT WAY". Psst....a hint...that's not a real apology, either.

Its kind and it makes the world a better place.

Yepp...and Santa is bringing you a big old lollipop for Christmas, too. Keep dreamin, snowflake-unicorn-sparkles.... Keep dreamin.

The way you are making fun of her and betting she will be a victim of a violent crime is pushing negativity into an otherwise positive gesture.

If that means you and I won't be bestestbuds....BFF's....well, I won't shed a tear. Not a one.

Says a lot about you.

Lots of things say lots of things about a person.

However, rather than leave you feeling as if I wish to engage your drivel any further...Brother Peart has some words I'd like to share....

Think on them. Digest them. Internalize them.

Then, don't get back to me.

There are those who think
That they were dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them
They weren't born in Lotusland

All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can't pray for a place
In heaven's unearthly estate

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear I will choose freewill

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet

Now, before you whine and mewl on about how you cannot begin to see how these words have any bearing on the discussion at hand... Think again.

Then shut up...

And think again.

edit on 14-7-2016 by nullafides because: New and IMPROVED! Now with more added SQUIRREL!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

what can I say....lol....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

At least some one has the fortitude to apologize, good for her!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
She's only asking for trouble, and does nothing for positive racial relations. Like the OP states, definitely touched in the head, or wants her 15mins of fame.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Maybe she genuinely is sorry...you can feel sorry about something even though you weren't directly involved...I mean, she's clearly mad as a sack of irate wasps but I wouldn't doubt the sincerity of her guilt.

I realise I'm most likely wrong and that this is virtue signalling taken to extremes...but I like to be objective.

I reckon that in about 200 years time white people will form a group called WLM and this whole situation will have reversed...blacks will be born with a sense of inherent guilt over what they did back in the early 2000's, but they'll be all like

"Oh, whine! I wasn't even here when that happened! It was before I were born...and we'll be all like, yeaaaah...if only your parents had the foresight!"

Foresight is useful, especially when there's historical evidence to show how certain situations tend to pan out over time...

If only some people weren't too short sightied to realise this - now, when it matters...my prediction will fail, but so far we're right on track and the propecy shall be fulfilled!

In all seriousness...the BLM folks seem to want to be the white folks of yesteryear - they WANT to be superior, not equal.

Just like feminists...they want preferential treatment dressed up as equality.

Anyways...yeah this woman is batcrap mental but I guess she's arming nobody so fair play to her.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The woman has much more authority than Obama to apologize on behalf of the past racists and opportunist enslaves because those who do wrong cannot be said to have any authority. Another way this is also true is that Obama is merely a representative of the people (actually just the ones who voted for him), but the woman who is apologizing is the people, directly.

This is a strange concept because how can you apologize for the wrongs of another person? I was thinking of this very question yesterday.

In Christianity, Jesus accepts the sins of others as his own, and is then forgiven by God for all of them. So Jesus said "sorry", yet its other people did the wrong is it not? Yet I never heard anyone on ATS say, you know, Jesus (whether in the context of whether the story is real or not) should never have done that because you can't say sorry on behalf of someone else. I'm not sure there is a clear-cut answer on this either. The expression "I'm sorry for your loss." is quite common.

I lean towards "sorry" being the wrong word and another to take its place as a better fit. I'm open to suggestions.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well today was the day.... RAGE day, celebrating black rage.

Really who here thinks anything she says will placate the feelings the black race and community ? She can speak for herself, foolish and dangerous, but do not presume to speak for me or mine.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

First of all, Jesus and or God have nothing to do with this. You might as well introduce the easter bunny into a political conversation. It is about that relevant.

Second......

The reason why you feel that sorry is the wrong word, is because the notion itself is just plain wrong.

Both in intent, and in application.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

At least some one has the fortitude to apologize, good for her!

She owes no apology. I owe no apology. You owe no apology.

Did you ever act in a racist fashion towards a person of a darker pigmented skin, because you felt they were lesser than you?

I haven't. And I'm willing to bet she hasn't, either.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

OK, I catch your points. How about we view this in a non-condescending way, then? This woman is doing some serious damage to the same black community she apparently is so moved towards by perpetuating the excuse train into victim station. All signs like that do is provide yet more felating of the REAL cancer in the inner cities of America: The "it isn't my fault, whites are holding me down, I'm not offered a fair shake" horsecrap that has lead us to a world where a 6'3", 300 lb thug can lay a beating on a cop, get rightfully put into the ground for it, and then mutate into wide scale protests over how he was "wronged" or he was the victim of "racism."

How about this, instead of sitting around coming up with excuses for crap behavior, bad decisions, and personal failures, we start pointing fingers at those actually responsible for the problem (here's a hint, it ain't "white people", police, the 1%, or rural America) and demand personal responsibility become the ultimate measuring staff of humanity?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Stop projecting. You mocking this woman is you feeling superior to her.

Utterly wrong. Completely wrong.

I disagree with her. I disagree with much of our world.

Sorry if you don't like that. Wait... no... I'm not at all sorry.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: nullafides

I'll slap a twenty on the table right now.... she ends up the victim of some form of violent crime in that neighborhood.

Any takers?

Yeah a white cop might blow her away

^^^^^^^^^

There's your racism.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's so funny the amount of hate that exists in this thread. Then they tout themselves as if they are some "Above it all person."

Just a bit of quick perspective.

I see many of you stating "I was born white, I'll not be apologetic for something I did not do."

It's the same thing us blacks are preaching; there are blacks that do crime sure, but we didn't choose to be grouped with them.

Then I see others stating "I didn't do it, so I'm not responsible."

You're a direct benefactor from it. Buy a stolen vehicle, drive it around and claim you didn't do the crime.

I'm not supporting many of these movements by fellow blacks or pity movements by a few whites, and the few who are out there just hoping to find a reason to hate should look into themselves. This isn't even a topic worthy to be on the front page if people want to go ahead and show some form of sympathy whether it's genuine or not why does it offend you?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join