It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donations to Jill Stein Explode Nearly 1000% Since Sanders’ Endorsement of Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm fairly certain most Sanders supporters didn't want a compromise. They want real change and thought he kept their interests close.

Political revolution and all. Feel pretty bad for Berners.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
She's a candidate I've been interested in for a very long time. It would be great if she and Johnson could be in the debates. Those debate "rules" are rigged too.

As for donating to a candidate? Not me. Ever. Campaign finance reform is long overdue and I won't feed into this ridiculous waste of money.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm fairly certain most Sanders supporters didn't want a compromise. They want real change and thought he kept their interests close.

Political revolution and all. Feel pretty bad for Berners.

Most people don't want compromise, they want things to go their way. That's not realistic though. The outcome with Bernie/Hillary is a pretty good one.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk

Understood, and fair enough. But Bernie called for a Political Revolution. This doesn't seem very 'revolutionary' to me. It's politics as usual. And maybe that's the best he could do to contribute some of his progressive ideas into a chance at her being commander and chief. But at what point do we take some risks and failures to show enough is enough? A true "Damn The Torpedoes," moment in history that gets people's attention and we all stand up together to take down oligarchy and change the status quo? That's what I was very interested in -- not the same ole same old.

Losing an election gets you the same ole same ole. Change happens incrementally.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I have a woman and kids...I'm no stranger to compromise!

Sanders stood on a platform of revolution from the status quo. Pretty much everything Hillary is for, there wasn't much room in his platform before his endorsement. Just my 2c.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Will the politicians overturn Citizens United themselves? Where is the motivation? I understand it takes time and this is much better than it would have been before Bernie entered but how do we get corporations out of our political process?

Who is going to push for a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United if not us? No matter how much progress we make over time, until we get corporations and big money out of our politics our 'representatives' will continue to be prone to fraud and corruption.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Honest question,

How many really believe Bernie pushed Hillary any direction? Who honestly believes Hillary, after elected, will follow through on what she has claimed she will as lip service to Bernie supporters?

I commend Bernie for the planks he got placed in the platform but who honestly believes Clinton gives a crap about the platform after she is elected?

I just don't see it. Sorry. I think Bernie supporters feeling like they won amazing concessions now are going to be just as disappointed as ever.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

How many really believe Bernie pushed Hillary any direction? Who honestly believes Hillary, after elected, will follow through on what she has claimed she will as lip service to Bernie supporters?

Bingo we got a winner, I can't see actual bernie supporters beliving this.

This is a MSM , DNC, crooked hillary bs lie being put out.

Hillary is a proven corporate streetwalker and a liar.
edit on 25731America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2016 23:25:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: atomish
Honest question,

I commend Bernie for the planks he got placed in the platform but who honestly believes Clinton gives a crap about the platform after she is elected?

I just don't see it. Sorry. I think Bernie supporters feeling like they won amazing concessions now are going to be just as disappointed as ever.

!st term Presidents have to make good on such things of they do not get a second term. The only pass you is if you have a Congress controlled by the other party. Even then you have to make a good faith effort.

As for the OP Sanders endorsed when 85% of his supporters were going Clinton. That was pretty much the ball game on having any cards left to play. Sanders had the same numbers of voters as Trump did in the primary's about 13 million. Clinton had 17 million. Sanders supporters are breaking 85% for Clinton, so that is about 11 million for Clinton. With 2 million going elsewhere. Frankly I am surprised Stein did not see a much bigger boost. Looking those numbers lets go with highest 44,000 new likes on her face book page in the last week. Their should be about 2 million Sanders voters to split between Stein, Trump, and Johnson. I would think Stein would seeing at least half of that. Of course they could just be deciding to sit home instead.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
Will the politicians overturn Citizens United themselves? Where is the motivation?

The people demanding Citizens United being overturned will never cause it to happen. Politicians don't like the system any more than ordinary citizens do. Congressmen hate the fact that 85% of their time is spent on fundraising rather than legislating. Eventually some will do something about that. It's an area that ordinary citizens have very little say on because it's not our money that's going to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Abdicate must mean loose now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PaperMetel

What's been found that a small percentage of will tumble the Clinton machine? Who found it? What did they find? Where and when did they find it?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

A true "Damn The Torpedoes," moment in history that gets people's attention and we all stand up together to take down oligarchy and change the status quo? That's what I was very interested in -- not the same ole same old.

In the current system the only change available is an illusion, people need to wake up to this sham otherwise the "same old same old" cycle will continue....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You mean lose? No, it means he abruptly turned on all those that believed in him. Not only just split, but joined the other 'side'.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I guess Sanders supporters are felling the Bern now.

What a traitor. He stood against everything Hillary represents and then he just abdicates? Not only but raises his flag in her camp?

He was a traitor all along. His base just isn't all that intelligent. More emotional than anything.

Not only a traitor, a sellout. Wonder what that cost the Oligarchs for Hillary committee?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You mean lose? No, it means he abruptly turned on all those that believed in him. Not only just split, but joined the other 'side'.

Abruptly?

“Look, as I said a million times, I think the idea of a Donald Trump or a Ted Cruz presidency would be an unmitigated disaster for this country. I will do everything in my power and work as hard as I can to make sure that that does not happen. And if Secretary Clinton is the nominee, I will certainly support her.” -Bernie Sanders, April 7th, 2016.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Personally, I don't see much difference between left and right when it comes to Hillary. She's a hawk, good for the business of endless war and debt.

I see her as more empirical, colonial, and authoritarian, than just "left or right".

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Jesse Ventura claims he heard it back in January, donna hava link...

So then its been planned for some time even all along. Personally I think Trump is running for her, too.

Not that the whole two party system has any merit or that voting matters anyway, they already decided long ago Hillary is going to be the presider, their personal teleprompter and crossing t and dotting I-er.
edit on 14-7-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Auto correct. I am still adding common words to the dictionary. Who sets these up anyway? Didn't even have poop in the dictionary. I had to add that and all the curse words too. Lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join