It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokémon Go Isn't Destroying Society...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Everything is static. For instance, churches are usually gyms. Certain landmarks (churches, parks, bodies of water, etc) become in game locations. Apparently pokémon spawn relatively at random.

Thanks.

BTW its almost a death wish playing it. When starting to get a creature, it decided to put all 3 on the opposite side of a main road.

It almost felt like playing a real version of the arcade game 'Frogger'.

i thought 'sod that' and carried on. Then it stuck 2 creatures 10ft in the driveway of a private home. If i went in i probably would have been waked with a shovel.

Eventually i got a creature that was actually on a public pathway instead of in the freaking road itself.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

The stops and gyms are chosen from an already existing database of historical locations that Niantic used from its previous gps related game, Ingress. You can actually see where most of these are HERE

~V

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vizzle
Try the local Police Station...

This is like the child catcher in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

It seems authorities put a mega prize right outside their police station. Just like the children walking into the mobile (fake) sweetie van in the Hollywood film.

New Hampshire police use Pokémon Go to lure fugitives to headquarters

www.theguardian.com...

Come here oh fugitive, right into a jail cell.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It just gets better. Here we have a religious guy stating that all of the little creatures in Pokemon are actual real demons that are leading children into graveyards, adults off cliff faces and men driving into police stations.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
AAAA NOW THEY TURNED TO DEMONS AAAAA, phew, but the game is nice

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
They've been 'demons' since aged 40-something hyper religious folks in the 90s decided they didn't like their kids trading cards instead of loving Jesus every minute of the day.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

What's a way to contact you got a few things to ask important man

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join