It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
What exactly are they doing? It only gets worse and worse every year not better. And then of course there is the media attention. Black people are in much more Danger from other black people then they are cops. It's not even close.

Energy cant be wasted when the real goal is to undermine the enforcement structure of law and order. We already see the contempt for law and order itself by same and embracing a certain type of anarchy.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I tell you what, head on over to a little city in wisconsin called kenosha. It's directly in between Milwaukee and Chicago. They get all types of wonderful gang members that are either running from the law, or running their drugs, sex slaves, etc. I grew up there, I happen to know many members of many different "groups". The biker clubs are fun too. Don't check the website- go see for yourself. You will meet many people who will gladly invite you to their homes, and will probably be the last home you visit. I have Black,Mexican,Puerto Rican, Cuban,Romanian,Greek, Italian friends from there, and guess what? I had to be very damn carefull not to get dead in the process of becoming "friends". My best friend in life is black, and I have not an ounce of racism in me- however, I will not sit and watch people b.s. their way through debates about understandings other ways of life. I have witnessed all of it. I've been shot at, and had a few serious hospital visits from freinds associates. I grew up and got into skilled trades, while many freinds got buried. It isn't the picture your trying to paint. I moved far away from urban lifestyle- and worked damn hard to get where I am today. And every time I talk to someone from the old neighborhood, I hear about more people I used to know are dead because they did not grow up and question the environment they were raised in. Not everyone gets a second chance in the hood, they learn to not care about tomorrow, because they might not see it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Yes, it is. I'm pretty sure that I mentioned something about that... that every day was a hell for these kids and their mothers. Hence their gratefulness for the help and the hope for the future.

I don't understand your apparent attitude. We're pretty much saying the same thing. Yeah, there's big problems in the hood... but people can do better when they learn to do better.

That's a good thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Because in reality black on black crimes its always a reason.Pulling some over and shooting them in the back is not a reason,sneaking behind a man and chocking him to death is not a reason,its petty to walk around with a gun and kill UNARMED people.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You are 100% correct, people can do better when taught. Now if we could just teach every child the same things the same way instead of having to play p.c. just to get funding to have a school, or teachers. Imagine how nice it would be if we could simply adopt a policy that we are going to completely ignore differences of color, financial standing, or language. It is possible to treat everyone the same-if we stop idolizing money and popularity. I'm sorry about the attitude, 18 funerals this year alone, and I heard another is coming thanks to events in France last night. All because of racism and greed....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Now if we could just teach every child the same things the same way instead of having to play p.c. just to get funding to have a school, or teachers. Imagine how nice it would be if we could simply adopt a policy that we are going to completely ignore differences of color, financial standing, or language.

Wouldn't that be nice??? Not just in terms of race either. If we could all just see people instead of this label or that label and do what's good and right for everyone? That's one of the reasons I regret the OP title. I didn't think about it, just put in the title of the article I had originally found (as per T&Cs). Even in terms of the OP, I'm very happy that folks are taking it upon themselves to take care of themselves and their neighbors and their community... I'm very happy that so many people of every race, creed and color are stepping up and addressing injustices in whatever way they can and know how. I just wish it didn't have to be defined by any label.

It is possible to treat everyone the same-if we stop idolizing money and popularity.

It is possible -- it's the ideal! But there are too many folks with too much money and power who want to keep it that way. And they play us against each other just like this. And too many people who don't see beyond the divide-and-conquer games and play the game too, never seeing they're just pawns and useful idiots.

I'm sorry about the attitude, 18 funerals this year alone, and I heard another is coming thanks to events in France last night. All because of racism and greed....

I'm right there with you. And right here with you for that very reason. So many people are hurting and dying and suffering and struggling. I don't know how to bear any more... but it just keeps ratcheting up. And as long as we're hating and blaming and fighting each other, it will continue to ratchet up.

I don't have all the answers. But I'm determined to find them . And I know that to find solutions we have to face the problems. I know we'll never find them if we keep doing what we're doing and expecting different results.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
They do. Why is it ignored by the media and our politicians and pretty much everyone??? We see so much about anti-police brutality protests -- not anti-police protests -- but this? Crickets.

I can't speak for everyone else, but imo what a lot of people are referring to are groups like the SPLC, and groups like BLM, the African American Defense League, etc. Groups that have caught the attention of the media and which are even backed by the Obama administration such as BLM and the SPLC.

Those groups concentrate only on claiming that "racism is systemic mostly against black people."

You are right, there are black people who have spoken about the black on black violence, and even they ask why aren't groups like BLM calling on black on black violence to stop instead of spewing nothing but hatred against whites?

Recently i posted one example of many others, but even these people state that most black people do not seem to care about black on black violence.

One of the recent examples I gave in another thread is Michael Whaley, an active duty Marine who posted an anti BLM video on Facebook originally, which was of course deleted by Facebook. He then posted the message on youtube.

I have seen SOME black celebrities also discuss the black on black violence problem, and they have called for more black people to protest against all violence including black on black instead of simply joining the "race bandwagon".

One of those FEW black celebrities who have ripped on BLM, and the claim that racism against black is systemic is basketball player Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis rips Black Lives Matter for ignoring black-on-black crime

Here is another example, a former Black Panther who became conservative talks about BLM being full of lies.

But guess what? The majority of these black folk's voice is being silenced by the media, and groups like BLM which have taken the spotlight are even backed by the present administration. There are even some black people who also claim the black on black violence is "a tool used by whites"...

There are, and have been some interested parties, quite a few of them being white like George Soros, who are simply inciting violence, and giving funds and other types of support to groups like BLM because such groups help them implement their end goals.

Do you want to see what it all boils down to? Here is a video that shows a black teenager and his friends TRYING to have a conversation with a couple BLM supporters.

But here is the thing, this isn't just BLM claiming that racism against blacks is systemic, which is false. BLM amongst other groups also do the same with other groups such as hispanics. If you are a hispanic, and EVEN MEXICAN, and you disagree with BLM, or with the claims that "Trump is racist", those people get called racist... It even happens here and it can be seen quite clearly and almost on a daily basis...

Heck, I am Hispanic and in the past have stated that my family is large and very varied with my family roots which include a lot of difference races, and different points of views and I get called a racist even in these forums, amonsgt other hysterical rhetoric made by people who can't see past their own created blindfolds.

edit on 15-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: 3danimator2014

In the real world, you have about the same chance as getting struck by a lightning bolt as you do having a cop tell you to put your hands in the air, putting them in the air, and then getting shot by a cop....

A2D

Not true, in the real world an American is ten times more likely to be killed by a cop before being killed by a terrorist.

Number of American civilians who died worldwide in terrorist attacks last year: 8 — Minimum number who died after being struck by lightning: 29.

What's that tell us?

You must thoroughly enjoy being wrong. 19 were killed just in America last year. 49 so far this year.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Thank you so much for the very thoughtful reply -- and the links. That was a really great comment. Worthy of its own thread in fact.

It's pathetic how much attention BLM gets when there are so many more worthy and productive groups and efforts to promote and be part of. I heard BLM is going down to Rio for the Olympics in order to continue spreading their "message" worldwide....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: TheBulk
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I don't want to know why either of you are so determined to focus on the problem rather than the solutions... which is in fact the topic of the thread.

Your "solutions" involve blaming scapegoats and completely avoiding the real issue.

Please just stop. This thread is about those people actually doing something positive and productive and proactive about the very same problems. These people are heroes. Please stop derailing the spirit and letter of the thread.

If they're doing some good, then I'm all for it. I just don't see any evidence their strategy is correctly focused.

I simply cannot fathom why a special "strategy" is needed to teach something so elementary it should be encoded in our genes by now...

But for some...it's not.

It's so true. It should be encoded into our genes to not be racist. The racists even here, try to cover up their racism with nonsense arguments. It should be a natural thing to not be racist, it should not require a special strategy. Yet, still, there are stragglers in evolution.

That was a really very cute manner in which you attempted to turn that around. Adorable, sweetheart. Just plain adorable.

Now, fly to Denver. Come tell me what you feel about me, to my face.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: Tsubaki
Isn't it strange how few replies come in threads like these?

Loving the new ATS.

What you mean, ATS, the new PC / Hippster SJW forum?

Or the forum where some are not afraid to take off their mask to show the ugliness underneath. If I was actually like that, I would be too ashamed to speak like that in public.

Go take a look in a mirror, sweetheart.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
they do and have plenty of groups that work tirelessly.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

Yes, indeed they do... I hope you read the entire OP and saw the many listed. Many other posters have been good enough to add their own links.

Bless them one and all!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join